Chapter 1

When Souls Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~3.5 years ago~~

Your POV

"Babe~ what are you doing today?" I heard from the other end of the phone.

"Nothing.  What's up?"

"Want to hang out?"

"Of course." I said happy since I haven't seen my boyfriend in a while.

"I'll pick you up in a bit."

"Okay." 

"Love you."

"Love you too."  I said hanging up the phone.

I set my phone on my dresser, grabbed my outfit for the day, and went into the bathroom to shower.  Half-way through my shower my phone started ringing and wouldn't stop.

"Really Mark I'm in the shower."  I said getting ready to turn the water off to go out and answer it. 

"She's getting ready."  I heard my mom say.  "Okay I'll buzz you up."

"He's here already?  I said aloud as I turned the water back up hoping for it to warm sooner because I was getting cold.

"Don't rush." I heard him say as he entered my room.

"Too late now I'm already done.  I rushed when my phone rang."  I yelled out to him after shutting off the water.  I dried myself and put my clothes on, then opened the door to let the steam out.  He walked up behind me wrapping his arms around me.  He grabbed the blow dryer from the counter and began blowing the hot air on my hair.  "You don't have to do this."

"I would do anything for you." He said that smile of his sending butterflies into my stomach like it always does. 

"Would you jump off a bridge for me."

"Maybe not anything." He said laughing.

"Well fine then."  I said pouting and grabbing the blow dryer.

"Don't pout.  I can't win against that."

"Good." 

"Are you ready?"

"Yea hold on."  I said pulling my hair into a messy bun then grabbing my bag.  "I'll be back later."  I told my mom before leaving the house.  "So where are we going?" I said getting in the passenger seat.

"Your favorite place."

"Really? We haven't been here in months.  You said you didn't like the beach."

"I don't but you do and I want you to be happy."  He said throwing me into a slightly uneasy state. 

I quickly blew the thoughts away as watched the palm trees flash by.  When we got to the beach it was empty which is rare and when I enjoyed it the most.  He pulled a blanket from the trunk and carried it down laying it on the sand.  He sat down and  I sat between his legs laying my head back against his chest. 

"The sun on the ocean is beautiful."  I said smiling as I rested my arms on the pair that was wrapped around me.

"Just like you."  He said leaning down to kiss my cheek.

Mark POV

Her cheeks turned a fiery red as her eyes turned into upside down smiles.  We sat there for hours before I looked down to see she had fallen asleep.  I laid her back on the blanket and laid next to her wrapping my arms around her.  I was glad I had requested the beach be empty for the day or sleeping would have been impossible and right now I needed it and the only way to get it was with her by my side.

"Mark~~ babe~~~"  I heard her saying as she shook me awake gently.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yea.  You?"

"Yea, the best I've slept in days."  I said as I stood up pulling her with me.  "Come on."  I said leading her away from the blanket to the spot where we first got together.

"Hey that was our spot."  She said confusion all over her face as we continued past the spot.

"I know and I only want you to have good memories about our spot."

"What do you mean?"  She asked but I couldn't answer.  "Mark.  What's going on?"  Still my words wouldn't come out.  "Mark! Answer me.  Why would I have bad memories about our spot?"

"I'm sorry Ye Rin."  I said tears on the verge of falling from her eyes.

"Mark."

"I...we...we have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter