Inunderstandable Person

Monster Beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like Kai,” Minji said while smiling. Both of them came silence. Suddenly Minji’s blood rushed to her face. Her blushes face was noticable. Her heart thumped hard. Her cold sweat started flowing from her head.

‘Wh..what did I say?’ Minji thought. ‘What should I do? I just got overly excited and said some unnecessary thing,’ Minji lost in her thought. She took a glance at Kai, wanted to make sure what reaction he would give.

“Oh~ I see,” Kai said with a cocky smile. Minji felt irritated at Kai’s response, but her heart couldn’t stop thumping hard because of her stupid confession.

“I...” Minji said trembingly. She tried to hard to hide her embarassing side.

“I lied,” Minji said while looked at the other way. Kai laughed hard at Minji.

“Hahaha, why are you being shy?? No wonder you are a child you can’t grow up,” he said with cocky tone. Minji turned to see him with squinted eyes, she felt a bit defeated. ‘From all of his childish act that he had done, he is speaking like he is an adult now,’ Minji thought.

“Uhm, then..” Kai said and leaned his body closer to Minji’s.

“Should we date?” he said. Minji’s eyes widened, her mind went blank. She needed more time to understand what Kai means. Her cheeks blushed again.

“Uh..huh..oh,” Minji stuttered and tried to find an answer. She turned away to avoid Kai’s gaze.

“N..no. I was lying,” Minji answered.

“Huh?! You were really lying?!” Kai asked surprised. “That’s mean! Don’t say these kind of jokes like that,” Kai said. Minji just kept silence. Kai smiled and laid his back. His hands is used as pillow. He closed his eyes while chuckled.

“Well, whatever! If it’s really like that I feel relieved,” he said while enjoyed the breeze.

‘r..relieved?’ Minji though and looked at Kai who laid beside her. Kai kept mumbling ‘relieved’ while smiling.

‘H..huh? What’s that meaning?’ Minji thought.

***

Dyo walked to his class. He’s looked tired while holding a white chicken in his hand. Minji and Kai looked at Dyo when he walked closer to them.

“Sorry, I can’t take care of this chicken,” Dyo said to them. Kai took the chicken from Dyo’s hand.

“Why?” Minji asked Dyo.

“I already have a puppy in the house, they can’t stop fighting,” Dyo said.

“Woah, it can be eaten,” Bomi said while look at the white chicken. Not long after that, Bom seosangnim come in to the room. She looked at the chicken that Kai hold.

“Yah! Kim Jongin! I told you how many times to not bring that chicken!” Park Bom seosangnim yelled at Kai’s face.

“Cih,” Kai said, he totally ignored Bom seosangnim. Both of Minji and Bomi watched Kai fought with their childish teacher, while Dyo lost in his thought.

“Yah Kim Jongin!” Park Bom seosangnim yelled again.

“Hm, seosangnim, can’t we keep the chiken in school?” Dyo asked. All of focus turned to Dyo.

“My elementary and middle school both kept chickens in their coof,” Dyo said.

“Now you said it, my middle school also has a chicken coof,” Bomi said and nodded her head.

“Okay, then it’s final, we will keep it in school,” Kai said while pat his chicken. Both Dyo and Bomi nods. Minji just silently watch three people around her.

“Okay, then Bom seosangnim, could you go talk to the principle about this?” Dyo said.

“Wait! What? Why all of you conclude something without hear me. And you don’t know how annoying that old man is!” Park seosangnim yelled.

A half hour later Park seosangnim come back to the class with a big sigh and expressionless. “He said okay,” Park seosangnim said and make Dyo, Bomi and Dyo cheered happily. Park seosangnim landed her eyes on Minji.

“Gong Minji-ssi, Kim Jongin-ssi, I will have to rely on you to take care of the chicken too,” Park seosangnim said before walked out from the classroom. Minji shocked when her name is called. From the beginning she didn’t say anything or agree about having the chicken in school. She sigh and leaned her head on the desk.

“Don’t worry Kai and Minji. I’ll help you to take care of it,” Dyo said.

“I’ll help too!” Bomi cheered happily.

“You are a good person Kyungsoo-ssi,” Kai said with teary eyes. Dyo chuckled and pat his head.

“Just call me Dyo,” Dyo said while smiled widely.

***

Four of them are in library. They planned to make planning about how to raise Bonchon. Bonchon is the chicken’s name that Dyo gave. The reason is Dyo likes eating fried chicken and bonchon’s chicken is his favorite. No one complained about the name so they decide to name the chicken Bonchon.

“Okay, so our conclusion is, Bonchon’s clothes is his own feather, his food is chicken food, and his living place is Chicken coop,” Bomi said. Minji didn’t care at all about their stupidness, she is too focus on study.

“How do we build chicken coop?” Kai asked.

“Ah, I’ll go search for the information, you can find anything online,” Bomi said proudly.

“Well, there is a store near my house,” Dyo said.

“How about we’ll go buy things that we need from there and come back,” Dyo suggested again. Both of Kai and Bomi felt extremely excited. Their hearts beats fast at the imagine of hanging  out with friends.

“T..then,” Bomi mumbled. Dyo and Minji glanced at her.

“Let’s go together!   In the next holidays! Everyone has to go together!” Bomi yelled while bang the table.

“T..that’s not a problem,” Dyo said. Kai didn’t answer at all. Minji looked at him. Kai is busy feeling excited. He kept smiling and imagining.

‘Going out with friends during this weekend,’ Kai mumbled.

Minji looked at his excited face and made her become more desperate because she kept thinking at how Kai’s response when she told him that she liked him. She sighed and looked to other way. She didn’t understand at all about Kai’s reaction back them. What did he mean about ‘that’s great’ when she told him that she lied about having feeling toward her? Did it mean Kai doesn’t have feeling toward Minji? Or when he told her about he loved her before just a confusing state of him because he never had friends before? Sometimes Minji couldn’t understand at all how Kai thought. She concluded that, her feeling didn’t make him happy or make him special. Minji sighed and looked at out of window in library. Kai noticed Minji’s expression. He knew something bothered Minji.

***

“Ah,” both Dyo and Bomi met each other in front of game centre. The appointment place.

“You came early,” Bomi said while keep standing. Although they hang out together in school, but Bomi didn’t feel close to Dyo at all.

“Ah, right. Since my club ended early,” he said.

“Hmm, let’s go inside,” Dyo said and walked in first. Bomi nodded and followed him. She looked at Dyo’s back. She felt uncomfortable being with boys alone. She felt comfortable being with Kai, because Kai has feeling toward Minji, that’s why Bomi is sure Kai won’t have feeling toward her.

“Huh?” Dyo said and stopped his step. Bomi surprised and stopped too. Both of them looked at Youngbae gave a bunch of money to a tall man with curly hair. That tall man then walk out from Youngbae. He walked pass by Dyo and Bomi. Bomi felt timid at him and looked down while walked closer to Dyo. Dyo looked at him and he noticed that the tall man have resemblance with Kai.

“Hey, hyung!” Dyo greeted Youngbae when the man walk away. He then walked in.

“Oh, baseball dude!” Youngbae said. Bomi looked both of Youngbae and Dyo who talked casually each other.

“Huh? Do you know each other Dyo?” Bomi asked. Dyo nodded.

“Hmm, I always come here,” Dyo said. Youngbae surprised when he saw Bomi walked in with Dyo.

“No way. Don’t tell me you are Kai’s friend too, baseball dude,” Youngbae said and smoked.

“It’s way! Well, I want to hit some balls first,” Dyo said and walked to batting corner. Bomi stood there and stared at Youngbae. Youngbae felt uncomfortable. “What?” he asked to Bomi.

“You shouldn’t just give someone money like that so easily, it’s not right,” Bomi told Youngbae. Youngbaefurrowed his eyebrows. He was not sure what’s Bomi talking about.

“Ah, Bomi, you are here,” Kai said when he walked in. Bomi turned around then  nodded.

“Hmm, Dyo is here too, he is batting there,” Bomi said and pointed at the batting corner.

“S-sorry, I am late,” Minji said. She came in while panting hard. She ran form her house to the game centre. Dyo, Kai, and Bomi froze whenthey saw the way Minji dressed. She used an old cardigan with flower pattern long shirt.

“So old fashioned,” three of them said at the same time.

***

“Let’s buy this one!” Kai said while hugging an ellegant dog house.

“No, we don’t have enough money!” Bomi said while shook her head.

“Let’s buy this one and make Bonchon’s work!” Kai said and kept hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter