Taking Care Someone With Care

Monster Beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji POV

The next day, Kai shows up in our school. I stop my step when I see his figure standing in front of the gate. Sometimes he peeks inside the school and feel nervous. His body is shaking. I sigh then walk again.

“Mi..Minji-ah!” he yelled and make people focus at me. I stop and try to ignore him.

“I am so nervous that I can’t move my legs!” he yelled again. Can’t he talk with a more normal tone. All of people look at us now.

“What are you doing, standing there, babo?! Just come in!” I said then walk in.

***

One Month Later

At first that kind of thing don’t really bother me. Although I am not in position to say this, but the way he can’t socialize with other annoy me, because he keep clinging on me.

“Mi..Minji-ah!” Kai yelled to me when I pass the him in the garden. I stop and look at him.

“Help me! I am being robbed! They told me to give them their money,” he yelled while hold upperclassmen’s collar. The upperclassmen’s face is unidentified now because of how Kai beat them. I amnot sure Kai is the one who need help right now. I just sigh and walk away.

“Yah! Minji-ah! Help me!”

Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him. In this one month with him, I realize he is beyond abnormal. There is no end to the his wacky behavior. I think that’s maybe because of Kai’s misguided notions about school. Well, that’s not really my problem that I should care of.

***

Ding..dong.. The break times bell rang. People walk out from class. I sit still at my place and took out math book.

 “Take me here,” Kai said and show me the ramyun shop’s brochure. I look at him then ignore him and focus at the math’s problem in front of me.

“Take me here!” he said again.

“No,” I said without looking me.

“Why not? We are talking about ramyun! Ramyun! Aren’t this the place where friends hanging out after school?!” he yelled again. Can’t he lower his volume?

“Like I have said for over this week,” I said and look at him.

“I want to study after school, can’t you understand that?!” I yelled at him. Yeah that’s right he keep asking me to bring him to ramyun shop for a week non stop. He doesn’t stop yelling “ramyun!”. Ever since returning to school, he’s been following me around. Now, I should care about this because I can’t focus at my study.

“Ramyun shop! Ramyun shop!” he yelled again. I take my book and go out from class. He keeps following me while yelled about that. Someone please stop him.

“Ah, Gong Minji-ssi,” Bom Seosangnim called me. Suddenly she stops and looked at Kai with a scared expression. Well, I don’t blame her about that, I also scared of him when the first time we met. He is not normal who has a beast power.

“Huh? This old lady, what are you looking at?!” he said while stare at her. Bom seosangnim feels intimidated and step a back.

“No need to intimidate her, Kai,” I said and pat his back.

“I don’t like you, get lost,” he said to Bom seosangnim. Bom seosangnim can’t stop shaking.

“That’s my line for you,” I said in his back. He then grab my collar and stare at me, I just stare back.

“Stop! Stop!” Bom seosangnim yelled.

“K..Kim Jongin-ssi you should treat a woman with care,” Bom seosangnim said and make Kai release me.

“I’ll lend you my favorite book, here,” she said and give Kai a book then turn away then go away from us.

“Get along now!” Bom seosangnim yelled. I look at her back before it disappear.

“That was when he placed his arm arounds me in gentle embrace, and my heart began to pound,” Kai  mumbled.

“Huh?” When I want to turn around and see him, suddenly he put his arm around me in  gentle emrace.

“Like this?” he said. Not long after that he release me and walk away from me while read the book from seosangnim.

I freeze at my place. My mind goes blank. My heart began to pound loudly, so I can hear it in my ears. There is the picture of him when he confessed to me. Suddenly my mind fulls of Kai.

“Minji-ah, the bell just rang,” Kai said and makes me snap.

“A..h.. okay,” I said then follow him to walk to class.

***

It’s an English class right now. Mr. Kang is the one who teaches us. I try to listen at him, but my mind can’t go straight right now. I keep thinking about the time when he confessed to me. The time when he said that his feeling won’t change. What does he mean that time?

“Kang seosangnim! What is the meaning of taking care someone with care?!” Kai said while hands up.

People in the class looks him in weird way. Well, he is not that normal, or we can say that he is weird. I know that already so I don’t surprise at all.

“Eh... uhm.. You need to be considerate,” Mr. Kang said.

“What do you mean about considerate?” Kai asked again. I took a glance at Kai then at Mr. Kang. I sigh and ignore their absurd conversation in the middle of class. I need to focus. That’s right. Exam is near. I need to focus so I can get 1st place again in this midterms. So, this is the first time of my life, I gave up on a question I couldn’t solve.

***

“They look like they are having fun,” Kai said while lean his back on window. I take a glance at what he looks. He looks at high school boys walk while laugh each other.

“I bet they are going at ramyun shop, now,” he mumbled. I know what will this conversation lead on. I then focus on my book again.

“Hey, Minji-ah, what do you think?” he said while show me the ramyun shop before.

“Like I said before, no,” I said while try to solve math question.

“Why are you so cold, Minji-ah?!” he said while fake crying.

“Aish! If I said no, that means no! Midterm test is coming. I need to focus on study!” I said then look at him. He pouts and look outside the window again.

“It’s not just about eating ramyun. Friends are supposed to hang out each other,” he said. I just sigh. Really, this kid. If he really wants to have friend, why doesn’t he try to socialize more? Well, who am I that can think that way? I also don’t have any friends.

“I want to go with you. Nobody else who wants to look at me in the eye,” he said and looks down.

“That’s because you’re glaring at them, threathening them, or beating them up,” I said the fact. He really likes glaring at people when he talks. At first time I also scared at him too.

“Anyway, I need to do well in this midterm. There was a speech during opening ceremony that was given by first year student who had highest score in entrance exam. I’ve always have the highest grade before. I worked really hard to make that happen. But, that time the person who gave the speech not me,” I said while squeeze my pencil.

“That’s why, I need to do well in this midterm to redeem myself. I don’t have any time to waste my time in ramyun shop,” I said while look blankly.

“Ah, by the way, you need to find the coordinates for the intersection. And for this num

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter