Weird

Monster Beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because it will have many more character, after this I'll use 3rd person point of view.

 

Slurp.... Minji eat the last noodle from her bowl. Her face is still blushing everytime she remembers the kiss scene. She shook her head then gulp all of ramyun soup and put the bowl on the table. Kai looks at her dumbfound. He is in awe, seeing how Minji able to eat ramyun fast.

 

"Excuse me! Super hot chicken ramyun one more bowl," Minji said to the waiter who walk near her.

 

"Wow! Are you still hungry?" Kai asked. 

 

"Shut up! I need to eat my mind out!" Minji yelled at Kai. Kai surprised and his eyes just can widely open seeing Minji.

 

My heart can't stop pounding, if I remember that. Probably because I was surprised. Yeah, it must be it, Minji thought and slurped her noodle again right after she received her new bowl of ramyun.

 

"I've never had anything this good before," kai said while slurp the ramyun soup. Minji takes a glance at Kai. In her vision, suddenly Kai becomes sparkling. She stares at Kai carefully.

 

"I guess everything  tastes good when I am with you, Minji-ah," he said and smiles at Minji. The blood ruh to Minji's face and makes her face become really red. Suddenly, she looks Kai become more handsome than before. Her heart pounds so hard so, she can hear it. The strange throbbing in her chest shows no sign of slowing. Minji shook her head then drink all of her soup.

 

"One more bowl of spicy chicken ramyun!" Minji yelled and put the bowl down.

 

"Huh? You are not done, yet?" Kai asked. Minji ignores him and doesn't want to see him at all. Kai smiles at the cuteness of Minji.

***

From young age, Minji's only concern was her grades. She didn't care about anybody else or anything else. Her world just consist of herself and her study. No matter who or what, she had absolutely no interest. This is all there is to her world. So, when her mind becomes full of Kai, she feels her world become weirder than usual.

 

She is in the middle of helping her father to watch her groceries shop. She shakes her head when the thought of Kai come again to her mind. She takes a deep breath then take the bunch of potatoes.

 

“Today a box of potatoes is 1300 won. After deducting the 30% profit margin, and including the tax.... wait, the price is weird,” Minji mumbled to herself. Her father lift up the stuffs while look at her daughter unusually thinks hard just to calculate the price.

 

“What happened with you, Minji? It’s rare to see you so sluggish! Is there something troubling you? Even though you are Gong Minji!” Her father said then laughed hard. Minji sigh then realizes that recently no matter what she is doing, she can never concentrate.

 

“If Appa has a better way to calculate the unit price, then I wouldn’t have to do something like this,” Minji said without looking at her father and focus on potatoes. Her father gasped then leave her alone.

 

***

 

“Re-test?” Kai said and stared at Bom who hide behind the door of the class.

 

“A..anyone who failed a single subject in the midterm examination must do a re-test. Kim Jongin-ssi you forget to write your name so you got zero in every subject. You can’t skip the re-test,” Bom yelled from behind the door.

 

“Minji-ah, will you also be doing the re-test?” Kai said while hug his bag.

 

“No way! I am number one in the whole year!” Minji said while looked at Kai’s answer sheet.

 

“Then I am not going to do this re-test thing either,” Kai said then peek at his bag and giggled.

 

“Kim Jongin, you must attend, that’s the final!” Bom yelled. Kai stared at Bom and makes her run away from him. Kai ignores Bom who run away then look back at his bag and giggles again.

 

‘I..if.. he wrote his name, he would have higher marks than mine,’ Minji though and squeeze Kai’s answer sheet. Kai peeks again at his bag and giggled again. Minji looked at him weirdly. Kai is busy giggling over something in his bag. She hit the table then grab Kai’s bag. She opens the bag then a chicken come out from there.

 

‘I know he is weird. But this is too much,’ Minji though while stare at him.

 

“Be..because when I came, I saw this guy running around in the rain, so I... hmm don’t you think it looks adorable?” Kai said and hug the chicken.

 

“Fine I’ll take it out!” Kai said and reach the window. “But I will raise it like my own son,” he said then jump out from window. Their class is on second floor. The students in the class look toward the window when there are a crush sound. They know that’s Kim Jongin and they busy do their activity again. Recently, Everyone has already gotten used to Kai’s individuality.

 

***

 

“Minji.. Minji..” Kai called Minji’s everytime but she ignored him. He then lay his body on Minji’s table and makes her hump on surprise.

 

“Why are you ignoring me? I was calling you for awhile, but you didn’t respond,” Kai said.

 

Minji stares at Kai’s lips and make the blood rush to her face. She can feel her heart bloods loud so she can hear it clearly on her ears. She is starting to think of Kai in every move and action. She has felt a revolution within her heart.

 

She hits her desk then stand up when she recalls how Kai kissed her. She had no friend before, of course she hasn’t been so intimate with other. She always thinks that it’s normal. But then she realizes, maybe she is in love with Kai.

 

“Hey! Don’t bully chicken!” Kai yelled when he saw a bunch of guys hug his lovely chicken. He then jumped from the window and leave Minji alone.

 

“Uh.. umm...,” a brown long hair girl tries to call her but Minji is deep in her thought and didn’t realize that girl at all.

***

Minji, Kai, and his lovely chicken walks home together. The weather is not that good. It’s raining a lot in the outside. Just like the weather, Minji’s mind is not in a good condition too.

 

“Kai, in the past, did you say that you love me?” Minji asked. Her face starts blushing when she talked about it.

 

“Mmm. I love you, Minji,” Kai said casually while smiling widely.

 

“Is it the romantic kind of love?” Minji asked to the point. She is not the type who waste her times in nonsense afterall. Kai pause a moment before answering.

 

“Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do anything you say,” Kai said while his other hand that doesn’t carry his chicken scratch his back neck.

 

‘What’s that got to do with it?’ Minji thought and sighed.

 

“Ah, by the way Minji-ah, can you look after this chicken?” Kai asked.

 

“I will do anything I want with it. Don’t blame me if the next day you eat fried chicken with me,” Minji said with expressionless. Both of Kai and the chicken feel the chill all over their body. Not far from them, there is a girl who use pink umbrella and looked at them. A brown long hair girl that keep looking at Minji since they were in school.

 

“Go..Gong Minji-ss...” she called. She slipped because of the slippery walk before she can finish calling her. All of her body is wet because of the rain. Minji and Kai stop walking and look at her. She sobs and look at them.

 

“Please... Please teach me how to study!” She yelled and stare straight to Minji’s eyes.

 

***

 

Three of them are sitting together on Ramyun shop. Kai can’t stop glaring at the long hair girl. Minji can’t stop eating her ramyun. The chicken can’t stop chirping.

 

“My name is Yoon Bomi,” Bomi said and break the silence between them.

 

“Oh,” Minji said and continue eating her ramyun.

 

“You don’t remember me? We’ve been classmates for awhile,” she said with shaky voice.

 

“By the way, for a while, Kim Jongin-ssi has been glaring at me fiercely,” she said while trembling.

 

“Ignore him. He is scared of you,” Minji said and continue eating.

 

‘I am the one who should be scared,’ Bomi thought and eat all of the ramyun on her bowl.

 

“Excuse me, I’d like to order an extra portion of pork and spicy ramyun,” Minji said. Bomi surprised and also order another bowl.

 

“Actually, how much can you two eat? Is it normal girls eating that much?” Kai said.

 

“So, coming back to what we were talking about, if I don’t get through this re-test, next week I’ll have to stay behind for after-school tutoring. But, on that day I have a very important appointment! So, I must not fail the re-test! Therefore, Minji-ssi...”

 

“I refuse!” Minji cut her and continue eating after her order came.

 

“You refused really quickly, Minji-ssi. If it’s something I can do, I’d want to rely on my own abilities,” Bomi said then take her answer sheets from her bags and show them to Minji.

 

“But unfortunately, I am an idiot with no redeeming qualities!” she said then sobbing.

 

‘That’s amazing on its way. She clearly has written an answer for every question, but still managed to get zero,” Minji thought while look at Bomi’s answer sheets.

 

“Sorry it has nothing to do with me. Furthermore, since you know that you are an idiot, just be a good girl and go to after school tutorial,” she said then stand up.

 

“Right! That’s all I have to say. Oh! Thanks for treating us,” Minji said then leave. Kai stands up and follows Minji while bring his chicken. Both of them walk out from the stop. The rain has stopped. Minji and Kai folded their umbrella before continue walking.

 

“Wait! Wait a moment!” Bomi yelled then run to them after she paid the ramyun.

 

“I beg you! There is really no way I can go to after school tutoring...urghhh.. arkk!” Bomi said then puke in the sideway. Minji and Kai surprised then walk a few steps back, to make a distance between them and Bomi.

 

“Are you okay?” Minji asked with a loud voice so Bomi can hear them.

 

“Sorry, it looks like I’ve eaten too much!” Bomi side then clean with water. After that she walks closer to them.

 

“Eaten too much? So, back then, you were forcing yourself to eat?” Kai asked when Bomi can follow their step.

 

“B-because! Guys prefer girls that don’t eat much, right?!” Bomi yelled and makes her stomach upset again. Minji sighs and decides to find a place for them to rest. Then they find a park near there. Minji let Bomi sits under the tree while Kai and Minji stands up and face her.

 

“Why did you eat too much when you can’t really eat?” Minji asked.

 

“If I eat too little, guys will think I am really cute, right? So guys really like me, but because of this girls always hate me. That makes me has no friend,” Bomi said whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter