Growing Tension

UnderCoverts.

Silence is always a foreshadow of something bad. Take the silence before a gunshot as an example, or the silence before a confession, or the silence before making a wrong decission. Well, probably not all bad, but in this family's case, it's always bad. Not only does the silence itself is burdensome, but it brings its two wonderful friends; awkwardness and tension. Thankyou for that, silence.

Baekhyun eyed the small group with him. His sister dragged him to a conference room on the fifth floor, which is mostly conference rooms and a gym.

A sudden cup of coffee entered his vision. He glanced up and saw the giver, then smiled and accepted the cup, mouthing a small 'thanks'.

The door to the room opened and Jessica entered casually. Walking over to the coffee table at the end of the room, she made herself a steaming cup of coffee and sat next to Sooyoung. She placed the cup at the glass table infront of her, and crossed her hands at the table.

"We have less than 2 hours for this, so let's just be straight-forward." She looked at the other four people in that room, and eyed Sooyoung to continue.

"You said we have a problem." Baekhyun interrupted, his hands hugging the cup of coffee.

"Yes, unfortunately we do." Sooyoung sadly smiled to her little brother.

"What kind of problem?" Tao leaned back at his chair, upset of being dragged all of a sudden without knowing why.

Jessica and Sooyoung glanced at each other, and then they looked at their other cousin, who simply gave a shrug. They were the only one who knew, so they had to tell the other three family members.

"We're blown."

Tao jerked up from his laid back state, with his eyes growing wide and mouth opening wide. "What?!"

"What do you mean we're blown?!" Their cousin finished Tao's sentence for him.

"Calm down, Tao." His noona softly spoke. "You too, Key."

They both sat back down at their chairs, but Baekhyun on the other hand didn't utter a word. Not that he wasn't shock, it's just that its so much of a shock that he can't speak properly.

"But we're safe right?" Baekhyun whispered. "As long as we have the files we're safe. Right?"

"Yeah, the files." Key turned towards his female two cousins.

The two females sighed, and queue the silence. That's right. Jessica took a breath and looked at the three boys sternly. "No. We're not safe, because the files are destroyed."

Okay. Imagine you're sitting on a plane, and a turbulance happened, and then your phone fell onto the floor, and your mom suddenly tells you that you're married since she thought you both would probably die that moment. Yeah, it's more of a shock than that to them.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE FILES ARE DESTROYED?!" Baekhyun slammed his hands against the table, standing up and spilling the coffee all over. Tao went up from his seat to clean the mess with tissues.

"Hyung, sit down." He ordered his brother, who took deep breaths to calm down.

"That file was the only thing keeping us alive and hidden. Now we have no one. And we're suppose to go against them all? Alone?" Key's voice was calm and low but everyone else in that room knew that he was enraged.

Sooyoung let go of her breath she didn't even knew she was holding. "Look, I'm not gonna sugar coat my words and just be straight with you." She took a deep breath and waited for Tao to be seated. "What did our moms and dads tell us? That we're safe? That we are out? That we are finally done? Yeah right." She scoffed, slamming one hand down to the table. "Bull."

Tao and Baekhyun's eyes grew wide. They have never, and I mean ever, heard their sister curse. None of them did actually. So it's rather of a big shock.

"Our fate has led us to be born into that family. Into a family associated with them. With those types of people. We're out? We're done? I wish we were." She leaned towards the table, pronouncing every word, loud and clear as crystal. "Once we are in, we never get out. These people, they don't have a heart. A thing like mercy is crap for them. They won't hesitate to kill us. Like how we won't hesitate to kill someone when they ask us to."

"Hey," Jessica interrupted her, holding her arm to restrain her. "You're going too far. They're just kids."

The taller slapped Jessica's hand off of her arm, boring straight into her eyes. "Kids? We are going to die under their hands if we don't start to realize the danger. Kids? Kids don't kill. And as much as I love my brothers," she looked towards Tao and Baekhyun. "Grow up."

She took another breath before continuing. "The only reason why we are alive now even though we escaped from them, is because of two things. One, our parents are violent and murderous, the best asset they had. And two, we have a file to protect us. The file that can destroy them if it ever got out to public.

"But ever since our parents death, that file has gotten to our parent's trusted friend, that has been the one giving us orders, or as we call him, 'the higher ups'."

"Although that is a grammar mistake, since he is a singular person. And you called him 'higher ups'. There's an 's' which makes it plural." Key laced his hands together, elbows on the table and hands covering his mouth.

"Just saying."

"Moving on," Jessica continued Sooyoung's long emotional explanation. "Well, me and Sooyoung haven't been getting orders from him so we began to feel suspicious. We tried to contact him and all, but when we tracked his van... He died. In a car crash. His van fell off the railing."

Gasps from the three boys filled the eerie silence of the room. Somehow, silence is always following them isn't it? She did say car crash, but who was she kidding? The 'car crash' wasn't such a 'crash' if there was just one car. And it definitely was an accident. Yup, an accident like no other. No helps from any people with horrible intentions what-so-ever.

"So." Sooyoung continued. "With our parents, the higher up, and the file gone, we are defenseless."

"Like kitties and a ball of yarn," Key added.

"Really?" Baekhyun snapped. "You just had to put that comment in there?!"

The elder raised his hands in surrender, not wanting to deal with the divas forever changing mood swings.

"Well, back to the point. Now since they practically know where we are, and they can kill us at any time... We need to disappear." Sooyoung announced, holding Jessica's hand as a support.

Tao and Baekhyun looked at each other worriedly, obviously unprepared by the sudden change. If it were just normal gang boys by the street alley, they wouldn't have the tiniest bit of fear - they can defend themselves for goodness sakes. But, this was against dangerous corrupt people, bad ones, and there are tons of underlings working for the main groups. We're talking hundreds, even thousands of people in seoul alone. Who knows how many branches there are across South Korea?

"But." Key interrupted, finally saying something on-topic, not some random comment. "We," he looked to the two girls next to him, "are already in a group, popular ones. We can't disappear, our fans know and recognize us. Plus, Soo Man will never let us off the hook if they all knew we are defenseless."

Jessica sighed, knowing that he would say that. "That's why we're not going to disappear, since we debuted. But," she looked at the two trainees infront of her. "They are."

"What?" Guess who said that? Little tip, it was two person chorusing together.

Sooyoung reached across the table and held his youngest brother's hand stretched out in the middle of the table. "Look, you still haven't debuted so no one recognizes you yet. And you haven't signed the contract so you can just run away. Also, no other trainees will be surprised of hearing this because, lots of them quit due to the stress."

Tao looked at his sister in the eyes with a desperate expression in his. "But..."

"No buts." Jessica stopped him. "You two are our last chance in ever getting justice and surviving. Please, do it for us. If not, for our parents."

The two brothers shared a look of discomfort. And the silence comes back. This time a little bit too eerie. But, no matter how much they denied, they had to do it. They were the trump card.

"Okay." Baekhyun spoke up. "Okay, okay we'll do it."

"Go now." Key ordered them, taking a sip from his now cold coffee. "Don't waste a single moment."

Baekhyun and Tao stood from their seats, and rushed over to their sister, enveloping her in a group hug. "I'm gonna miss you." She whispered against Baekhyun's hair.

Tao moved from his sister to his cousin and hugged her tight. Jessica released the hug and cupped the younger's face, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "Be safe, okay?"

Tao nodded, and both he and his brother moved on to Key. Hugging between boys, was a little out of their comfort zone, so all they did was did a bro hug. You know, the one with the shoulder-to-shoulder impact and hands clamp together like the thumb wrestling position - except you tuck your thumb, not sticking it out like a sore... thumb.

"Go now." Key commanded. "Before-"

"Huang Zi Tao and Byun Baekhyun, please go to the Chairman's office on the 8th floor immediately. I repeat, Huang Zitao and Byun Baekhyun, please go to the Chairman's office on the 8th floor immediately."

Tao's hand froze over the door handle as he heard the announcement, actually everyone did. Baekhyun brought a hand up to his temple, massaging it.

"."

 

 

~~~

 

 

"You two are quite impressive, looking at your profiles." His voice has a certain ring of pride and power, but at the same time it was calming and stable. "A martial arts expert and a 5 time winner diva. A rapper and a singer."

Tao and Baekhyun stayed calm with fixed expression as they eyed the chairman infront of them. Not like any other room, this 'office' took a whole floor. So, once you exit the elevator, there would be a door with a gold plate stuck in the middle, reading 'Chariman's Office' and below it another gold plate reading 'Lee Soo Man'.

"So, you're probably wondering why I brought you here, its simple really." He got out from his leather arm chair and to his desk at the end of the room, ofcourse with a glass wall behind it. He took two printed papers in a drawer and two pens by his desk, then back to his leather arm chair in the middle of the room facing the two boys.

Tao shifted on the white leather couch, and looked at the paper and pen that was placed on the glass table infront of him. Soo Man gestured for them to take it, and so they did. The youngest's eyes shifted as he read the paper's content, and gulping hard after he did.

"This..." He uttered, eyes widening.

"Well, since you two are the late ones - just audition two days before the announcement - I forgot about these papers." The chairman brought one leg up and across the other, tapping his fingers against the armrest. "The other new trainees have signed it, so you should too."

Baekhyun glanced at his little brother, biting his lips. "This can't be a coincidence," he thought as he glared at Soo Man.

"But this says 5 years." Tao stated, obviously annoyed, waving the paper around.

"Yes." He turned his head to face Baekhyun's obvious glare. "Is.. anything wrong?"

Baekhyun kept his glare at him, leaving the question unanswered. Tao nudged his brother at the arm with his elbows, snapping the glare out of his eyes. He sent a confused irritated look to his younger brother.

"Stop it." The younger pressed his mouth into a thin line.

"Why'd you do that?!" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow.

"Control your emotions, you're going to get us caught." Tao widened his eyes for a second and furrowed his eyebrows in a quickly.

"Are you two alright?"

The two snapped from their eye conversation, causing their heads to turn back to the voice.

"Uhm, yeah..." Baekhyun smiled, although it was fake, it looked genuine enough to believe.

"So." Soo Man clasped his hands. "Better sign this fast so you can get back to your." He checked his watch. "30 min developing time."

They sighed audibly, sneaking glances from the corner of their eyes, as they reached for the pen at the table.

Tao's pen hovered over the paper, just a milimeter from making contact with the space under the 'Contractor' writing. He looked over to his brother to find him doing exactly what he was.

"Or."

Tao and Baekhun's head jerked up from their papers.

"Do you not want to sign the contract."

After releasing a huff of breath, Baekhyun signed the paper with his hand as a support and slammed it down the table. He smiled an overly cheerful one.

"No, it has been my dream to be in this entertainment since my parents retirement." He relaxed his shoulder and stood. "So why would I not sign it? It would mean throwing my chances away." He bowed and looked at his brother. "Let's go."

Tao shook his head slightly and signed the paper on the table, stood up, bowed and followed after his brother.

The doors closed behind Tao's back as the silence fills in the room. He stood from his armchair and back to his leather desk chair behind his desk. He swiveled around to gaze upon the wonders of Seoul from above.

A sudden ringing filled the silence, and he pressed his ear piece to answer it. A smile crept up his lips, as he let out a soft chuckle. Soft, but ominous.

"The deal's done." He sat back and laced his hand together. "They're not going anywhere."

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

SO!!! SOORRRYY!! FOR!! THE!!! SUUPPEER DUPER LATE UPDATE.  /BOWS/. UG. My laptop decided to be a and broke down, and i just got it fixed a while back, so... i'm trully very sorry.

ANYLAYS. How do you like the chapter? Hope you like it as much as i do cause i just love the explanatory chapters :D AND ALSO, what do you think the files contain? And how do you like the people i chose to be in the family orginization with, you know, Key and Jessica and Sooyoung~ i had a lot of thoughts about this so please let me know about yours~

And also, i feel like the romance isn't picking up in any of these chapters, please tell me if you want the romance to boost up too! I'm using too much ands am i? Whale. That's all ~ LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSRIBE~~~ <3