Warm Welcome

UnderCoverts.

Bringing a hand up to his forehead, Baekhyun sighed and glanced to his left, where his brother spaced out staring at the tall building in front of him. “You okay there?” he asked, shading his eyes with his hand.

“Just perfect,” his brother shrugged, though deep inside he was freaking out and Baekhyun knew it.

This was the mission they’ve been waiting for, everything before this was just practice for the endgame. Baekhyun let out a huge breath. “You can lie to others, but never to me,” he adjusted his backpack. “I just see right through it.”

His brother sighed and grabbed his luggage, “If you’re done talking, let’s just go now, Byun Baekhyun.”

The elder followed his brother inside the building through the sliding doors, “Don't you sass me, Huang Zitao!”

Once they enter the building they were immediately escorted to the auditorium. SM likes to promote this thing called familiarity. Thus, every time they receive a new trainee, they introduce them in a group to the whole SM crew and idols in their auditorium for a 10 minute brief announcement they do everyday of the week. That's when Baekhyun and Tao had the chance to scope around from the stage, spotting their family members in the crowd.

The crowd dispersed as Lee Soo Man went off the stage. Tao and Baekhyun went down the stage and backed into a corner.

“Hyung,” Tao called, nudging his brother next to him. “What are we supposed to do now?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll probably know soon.” Baekhyun made eye contact with two people in the crowd, and so did Tao.

“How are we going to meet them?” He asked again, his gaze still on the other eyes in the crowd.

Tao felt his pocket vibrated. He reaches for his phone, getting a text, 'Behind SM building. Red brick wall. Ice cream poster’. He showed the urgent meeting text to Baekhyun who rolled his eyes, “I swear it’s like they can read our minds.” 

Tao laughed and shook his head. “Women.”

Running out of the SM building and into the park, no one noticed them. Baekhyun scanned the place quickly, spotting the wall with the ice cream poster. They walked casually, trying to speed up. As soon as they passed the wall, they were engulfed by someone’s embrace. 

Startled, Tao attempted to elbow the person but someone else stopped him from doing so. “You haven’t met me in more than 3 years, and this is the greeting I get?” a sweet voice asked. Tao and Baekhyun looked properly at the attacker and saw two familiar faces.

“Noona!!” they both shouted, going into the older woman’s embrace once more, this time properly.

“Hey!” The other woman broke the reunion. “Don’t I get a hug too? I’m your cousin, you know.” The boys rushed over to her embrace, choking the air out of her. 

“All right, time over brothers!” their noona shouted. Tao and Baekhyun stopped embracing and stood in line, facing their two missed ones. 

“Sooyoung noona!” Tao hugged his noona again. “I missed you so much!!!” he snuggled his face into the crooked of her shoulders.

“Me too,” Sooyoung agreed hugging her little brother back. “I missed both of you so much!”

 

 

~~~

 

 

"Here you are," the waitress set their tray down, blushing at the two handsome men. "Two ice caffe latte, one blend caramel macchiato, and one green tea frappuchino." The two men bowed their heads, causing the waitress to retreat with her heart fluttering.

"Stop that will you?" Jessica re-adjusted her cap as her disguise.

"When did my brothers become such a flirt?" Sooyoung peeked from her sunglasses, wriggling her eyebrows.

Baekhyun laughed it off, slurping on his blend caramel macchiato, "Well, what can we say? We've became so good at changing our personalities."

Tao nodded his head cutely, while chewing the straw of his caffe latte. Sooyoung, who saw this, joked, "But of course, not Tao. He's my little baby panda!" she pinched his cheek. Tao bowed his head down, blushing, causing the rest to giggle at his cuteness.

The awkward fog broke out of its glass box, bringing silence to the four in the corner of a coffee shop. Their faces fell as they heard all their phone let out a specific beep that signaled a text from the higher ups. They slowly took out their phones, reading in their minds, though they all knew they got the same message.

"So," Jessica coughed, trying to break the silence. "I guess you've been updated with the situation." Tao and Baekhyun nodded their heads in response.

"Eunhyuk and Ryeowook are out. And so is..." Sooyoung glanced at her fellow member, hesitating.

"You can say it," Jessica smiled weakly. "I have nothing to do with her anymore, anyways."

"Krystal is out?" Baekhyun softly spoke earning himself a nod from his sister.

"Krystal is currently overseas right now with her members, so you won't be seeing her for about a year or so," Sooyoung smiled at them.

The topic slowly got dull and their drinks were almost finished, leaving them with nothing to do. Tao, who couldn't stand the situation, brought out the topic they were trying to avoid, "Well, what’s our first mission?"

Jessica brought out her phone, opening files, "Your first mission is to track down this number," she showed Baekhyun and Tao her phone, which Tao immediately took out his and wrote the number down.

"Looks like a bank number," Baekhyun looked at the 10 digit number. "The first three numbers aren't phone numbers in any country."

"Find out anything you can about this number, go to files, hack the computers, find the amount of money transferred or whoever is connected with this bank account. Then report immediately to this number," Sooyoung slid a tissue paper below the table to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun slipped the tissue into his pocket, placing three bills of 5,000 won, and left dragging Tao away. The two girls heard the bells ringing, signaling that the two boys were gone. They sighed. Jessica realized a tissue underneath the money, she picked it up and showed it to Sooyoung.

       We miss you so much, Sooyoung noona, Jessica noona. We love you! Wish us luck. --from your brother and cousin, TaoBaek

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

[REVISED ver.] Short update! Teehee, just because i'm upset at SM for getting rid of Kris's banner infront of the stadium for EXO's first concert. GAAAAHHHHH!!! At least they could've put the banners together in line so there isn't a freaking gap in the row.

I'm sorry i just had to frustrate myself here.... I'll update the next chapter probably around 2 days later so, let's see if there is anything bad or happy that can make me update faster~ 

Please comment, cause i am boring to death right now. AND ALSO, THANKYOU FOR THE UPVOTTTEEE!!! <( ^ ~ ^ )>