Responsibilites

UnderCoverts.

"Take 5!" Joonmyeon shouted over the music booming from the overly complicated and not to mention high quality speakers.

Tao leaned against one of the mirrors covering the entire room, with Baekhyun next to him worriedly. He kept asking him if he felt any pain, but of course, being the nice little brother he is, he just brushed it off stating he's completely fine.

Truth is, Tao has been dreading over his injury. If it was at normal circumstances, he would be fine over such a small injury. A slash in the upper arm would mean a paper cut on the fingers for Tao. However, unfortunately for him, he has practice the day after the incident. And he has been moving his arm recklessly, which caused him to open up the wound again. Not that he stitched it though, he didn’t receive any medical attention to it.

Baekhyun was called by Chanyeol, and he left the younger after checking he's alright for the umpteenth time.

"What's wrong, Tao?"

The younger's head jerked up to the familiar voice, he let out a hesitant smile. "Nothing."

"Really? Cause you missed some steps in the choreography you yesterday perfected," Joonmyeon reasoned, crouching down.

"I forgot the moves that's all," Tao gave a full smile, which caused Joonmyeon to believe him. Such lies you're telling here, Tao.

The elder returned his smile and got up to the speakers, rewinding the music, indicating that break time was almost over. Baekhyun rushed to Tao once more, helping him up by his waist.

"You sure you're okay?" The elder asked once more. To which Tao replied with a slight nod.

The song blasts out from the speakers, they were doing a dance cover of Big Bang's Fantastic Baby. Tao rushed to his position, next to Sehun and Behind Luhan.

"Yeogi buteora," G-Dragon instructed as the song started. "Modu moyeora."

They shook their body as if they were electrocuted as the buzzing sound accompanied G-Dragon's voice.

"We gon party like- Li li li la la la." Their hands waved to the beat of every syllable. And they repeated this movement for the next phrase, going down on their knees from their standing position.

And the dance went on with complicated coreography. Tao grimaced as he did popping moves progressing to the catchy chorus. ‘,’ He cursed in his mind as he remembered how the choreography in the chorus went. (The original Fantastic Baby shuffle-leg-crab-waving-hands-i-dont-know-how-to-describe-this dance)

“Wow,” T.O.P amazed.

He felt his upper arm throbbing, meaning that his injury re-opened. “Fantastic,” He mumbled.

“-Baby.” T.O.P continued.

Baekhyun turned in his spot, along with the rest of the group, and crouched down on his knees. He caught a glance of his brother grimacing.

“DANCE.”

And down went Tao.

“TAO!” Baekhyun dashed from his place to his fallen brother, franticly panicking. He has caught everyone’s attention, making Joonmyeon rush to the speaker and stop the music. The rest of the group crowded around Tao.

The fallen one held his upper right arm with his hands, squeezing it. Although it hurts, he would have to block the blood oozing out from it. His eyes were closed tightly, attempting to convince himself that it didn’t hurt. He had guessed that the slash grazed his muscle so that when he moved his arm it would hurt like . And he overexerted it. When the fallen one finally opened his eyes, he was met with a worried one, searching his for any sign of pain. “It’s okay.” He mouthed softly to his brother.

Yifan, who had followed Joonmyeon to shut the music down, struggled through Kyungsoo and Minseok, getting to Tao. He bent down to reach an eye level with the younger one. “Are you okay? What happened?”  Yifan asked as Tao shivered against the touch of the former’s cold skin against his.

“Uhm, just twisted my knee that’s all.” The latter reasoned. He thought it would work, since well, he is a good liar and he knows it.

“If your knee was twisted, why are you holding your arm?” Yifan shot the younger a sarcastic look, his eyebrows furrowed.

Tao’s eyes darted to the elder’s eyes as his hands flew away from his hurt arm, finally seeing that he is trying to search for a reason. “Uhm...”

“Anyways, get up.” He instructed the others in the back backing up to give him space. He grabbed Tao’s arm. Yep, stupid Yifan.

Tao took a sharp intake of breath as the Yifan’s hands gripped his injured arm, giving it a light squeeze to pull him up. The latter saw the former’s reaction and his hands shot up to his side immediately. “God, I’m so sorry.” His eyes widened in panic as he hovered over the former, a bit too close for his liking.

The former slightly nodded, his arm now stinging so badly. He gave a desperate look to his brother, to which he shook his head; unable to help him without being suspicious. His brother won’t be of any help at this state.

“Is this ...” Yifan started, gaining the attention of everyone in the room, bringing his hands up to the light. “Blood?”

Baekhyun saw the blood becoming visible through his brother’s grey long sleeved v neck, and did the most logical thing possible. Well, at least that was what he thought.

“Oh, Tao are you possibly on your period?”

You know, even though Baekhyun was the best in his graduates and probably in all of japan with his gadgets and hackings, he might just be the dumbest one in the planet right that second.  Everyone’s eyes followed from Baekhyun to Tao with the most puzzled expression.

“HYUNG!!” Tao cried in peer pressure from all the stares he was getting.

Baekhyun stood frozen, and cracked a nervous laugh, “… or something like that …?”

“HYUNG!?”

“Okay no… well…” Baekhyun stuttered all over the place, getting down on his knees to face his brother, “We should probably get you treated.”

“Treated?” Sehun was the first to snap out of the trance.

“Are you injured?” Luhan asked as he stood behind Tao with his head down.

Yifan grabbed Tao’s pained arm, causing him to grimace, and pulled up his sleeves. Yifan lightly gasped as his eyes landed on the pained one’s arm bandaged from a bit below his shoulders to slightly above his wrist. “Wha…”

Tao flustered and retorted his arms away from Yifan. The former shot an SOS look to his brother. But before he could do anything, Yifan hauled Tao up by slinging his arm under the younger’s shoulder and pressed him against his body for support. “You can explain this later.” He demanded. “But for now, we have to get this treated.”

Tao tried to resist, but Yifan was definite in his move. Baekhyun eyed his brother worriedly. He was pretty sure Yifan would be intrigued to what the cause of the wound was, so he has no choice but to stop it.

“Yifan, wait.” Baekhyun took a step forward, and the said one waited, with Tao looking over his shoulder. “I’ll take him.”

Yifan formed a crease between his eyebrows and was about to inquire him before he heard a statement from Baekhyun’s mouth.

“He’s my responsibility.”  

 

 

~~~

 

 

Baekhyun had his hands busy with the bandage hugging Tao’s arms. He added a few more layers till the blood that has become visible on the first wrap of bandage was not visible anymore. He also made sure to make it as tight as possible. “Okay, I’ve managed to stop it bleeding… well maybe at least the blood flow.”

Tao gave him a straight look.

“Okay maybe forcefully stop the blood flow.”

Tao gave a long elated sigh, of course he’d known his brother could’ve not done anything else at that moment. “Hyung,” His eyes concentrated on the elder kneeling at the edge of the bed. “This is bad.”

Baekhyun’s eyes fixated on Tao as he searches for any signs of joking. The former placed his hands on the latter’s knee as he was sitting on the edge of the bed. “Tao…”

“They’re taking action. They know about us.”

Silence started to occupy the room, poisoning the room. That thing they felt, and their worries came true. Once they signed those papers, they knew SM would be on to them. They already had their own suspicions of the brothers anyways. But now, since they’ve got proof, they definitely won’t risk another second.

“You don’t really know it’s them.” Baekhyun tried to reason, though he knew it was all in vain.

Tao softly raised a hand to his injured arm, thinking. The pain has almost completely numbed over, so he knew he would be fine tomorrow. He needed to train and be more aware.

“Hyung, can you please tell the others that I’m done for today.”

Baekhyun’s head snapped at Tao, he detected sternness in his voice. So he simply nodded, and since he knew his younger brother like multiplication table, he stood up and left the room.

Tao left shortly after Baekhyun did, of course after wearing Baekhyun’s plaid button down that was tied at his waist. He headed to a place he found way back before he just started planning to enter SM. You see, with Baekhyun, he scouted the place together, finding secret spots and memorizing the layout of the surroundings. And between the SM Building and the dorms was a small park, big enough to walk over with a span of 5 minutes. It was an abandoned place, although it simply looks like a storage space at the edge of the park, but what greeted you when the door was open, was a flight of stairs going downwards.

Tao paced down the stairs of the dimly lighted storage room, and there was a right turning of the wall before he opened the opaque glass door he reached to at the end of the stairs. A red light shone directly above the door, and he skimmed through the huge space with his eyes. His hands reached for the switch at his left and one by one the lights . He smoothed the sound-proofed walls, that he and his brother had renovated the place with, as he walked over to he wall opposite of the door, where there was an inbuilt cupboard with double doors and three big drawers that took up a quarter of the wall.

What’s next to the cupboard was what Tao had went for, he rarely uses that cupboard. In the three quarters of the wall was displayed, one by one in their own perspective plank like shelves, was weapons; nun-chucks, sword, wooden poles, and ones with knives at their end or both their ends.

“I need to get stronger.” He whispered as his hands hovered over the weapons before settling down and taking the wooden pole with a sharpened blade at the end.

Tao walks toward the center light and looked at his reflection at the mirror wall.

“To win.”

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY GUYS I KNOW I DESERVE A SLAP SO GO AHEAD.

BUT I UPDATED SO ..... MIAAANNHHEEE

*runs away* 

P.S. I do not in any way own the song, which is owned by the reigning kings of KPOP (well at least for me XD) BIG BANG'S Fantastic Baby.