Part 2

Galaxy of Stars

“Do you know what does galaxy mean?”

Jongdae looks up from his angle. They were at the balcony right now, talking about random things such as Kyungsoo’s secret love for anime, to Chanyeol’s never ending collection of instruments, even Sehun’s growing obsession for stuffed dolls.

 

“No, not really” Jongdae shrugs his stiff shoulders. Man. Those practices for the upcoming concert were really taking a toll on his body. It was taxing enough to feel the pressure of the concert, but his Duizhang’s mysterious disease was running havoc in his mind as well.

 

 

“A large system of stars held together by mutual gravitation and isolated from similar systems by vast regions of space”

 

 

Jongdae stares at his boyfriend twitching nervously under his gaze, trying to look as confident as if he was doing his usual catwalk at the airport. Once he finally manages to gain the self-control not to laugh out loud, he opens his quirky mouth.


“You looked at the dictionary of your phone didn’t you?” he snickers

 

 

 

 

The esteemed EXO-M leader, the apple of every female’s eye (Or Jongdae’s eye more specifically), the sole reason why Jongdae wakes up in the morning, was now comparable to a kicked puppy who just got abandoned by the street shivering in the cold.

 

But the fierce dragon retaliates with one statement.

“Let me shine at my own moment, baby, please”

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes at his boyfriend’s lack of shame. He places a palm under his chin and leans on the icy cold railings, looking at the view beyond with blank eyes.

The stars tonight were particularly bright; illuminating the dull color of the horizons with tiny hope springing forth from each celestial being. The city lights were a blur compared to the sublime beauty of the moon. The evening breeze was colder than usual, but it was alright.

As long as he had Kris beside him, everything would be alright.

 

Why was he being sentimental?

Ugh

 

Must have been Suho’s lame book about love poems that he was forced to read by its very owner. Jongdae chokes at the horrid thought, and focuses back on the topic.

 

 

 

Galaxy

 

Er

 

Yeah

 

 

 

“Why’d you mention it?”

“Cause I want to start my speech coolly” Jongdae’s expression deadpans.

“So you decide to recite me the dictionary”

Kris looks straight ahead, avoiding Jongdae’s gaze. From the corner of his eye, Jongdae could see the blonde’s hands trembling, an occurrence that happens rarely considering the amount of confidence he cultivates in his body. But right now, the broad back that was facing Jongdae looked no different from a man, contemplating and discerning about two difficult choices.

 

 

The question now is what kind of tough decision?

 

 

“This year has been so memorable for me. All the awards, the variety shows, the practices, and especially the fans. It feels like it’s all a dream. But you know the best part of it all?”

“What?” Jongdae looks curiously at him. Yes, Kris was a very sentimental man when it came to family and life-changing moments, but he was one to keep to himself, even from him, his own boyfriend. So it was puzzling Jongdae greatly when he decides to speak about it now, when they were supposed to be enjoying the rare break the had been rewards before the upcoming concert, due in a week’s time

“Meeting and being part of EXO. Meeting and falling in love”, Kris turns to the waiting kitten beside him with bright eyes.

It was like galaxies of stars were all enclosed within his pair of orbs, coiling into the center, creating a wonderful display of lights, becoming one to form a brand new world.

 

”with you”

 

Jongdae choses this moment to laugh off the nervous feeling pooling in his stomach.

 

“I never knew you to be so cheesy” Jongdae shakily says because obviously this sentimental Kris was scaring him by the minute and he might just run to their shared room and become one with his pillow.

 

“But I’m falling Jongdae. I’m breaking and crashing and burning. I can’t move on with all of you. Not another step,” he glances at the frozen man just less than a meter away from him with fear-stricken eyes before he continues, “ I have to leave our dream behind if I want to live another day” his bundle of silliness was taking a completely different tone, one he barely recognizes with the movement of Kris’ lips.

It took several minutes for Jongdae to process the hidden message within Kris’ word. It was like an equation with an impossible solution; that is, if you want to stay blind to the obvious.

 

But Jongdae was a realist…

 

 

 

 “Are you telling me…”

“I have to leave EXO.”

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately not a pacifist.

The burst of anger made the usually calm vocalist shove the unsuspecting man as strong as what his trembling limbs could muster, letting the elder hit the railings behind him.

 

 

Kris had already broken his cool, composed image many times with his unpredictable actions and unscripted words, which eventually led to the boisterous laughter of everyone in the audience.  But…

 

“Yi Fan-ge this is one stupidity I am not willing to laugh at”

 

 

 

Kris slowly stands up, staggering back to the bundle of rage waiting for a proper explanation; he opens his arms and scoops the brunet into his chest.

“I’m sick, I’m dying, Jongdae…. And if I don’t leave this career, it won’t only break my body but as well as my mind” Kris tries to appease the anger of his beloved but the more he holds him, the more he understands the fact that nothing will pacify that rage at this point. Kris just gives up and holds his little kitten tighter.

 

And it was his entire fault.


“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it's the most painful thing you'll ever have to do and that you've ever done."-C. Joybell


 

 

 

er

 

 

hi guys

 

 

um so part 2? anybody?

 

 

What am I even writing anymore?

I am so sorry I made u wait like this... its just I wanted to publish it at the right time and well... I was going to publish this chapter before I start my class on the seventeenth but somthing significant happened to me today.

 

I bought a copy of the M Overdose album....

(no thats not what made it significant)

 

I opened the photobook and saw Xiumin's perfect face

(still not it though)

 

And then I saw my photocard... it was Kris

 

I was literally sobbing my eyes out... it was like a sign for me... a sign that he's here, watching us bbut unable to make a move because of his heart disease. He still loves his fans and he will continue to do so.

Although ... he never did stop, right guys?

 

 

 

 

So yeah.... part 2.... this is gonna end next part and I  have a small surprise later... something short

 

btw... this is unbeta-ed, (all my works are though)

 

 

I'm unaware of the beta system but... if there's a person kind enough to help me find one, please so comment or send me a PM. I'd really appreciate one since I really at editing and proof reading personally. (Why do I even write?)

 

 

So please give me lots of love and comments guys!

 

~SnowySpring

 

Sorry for the rant