Final

Galaxy of Stars

For some time, the two lovers just stood still taking in each other’s warmth, wishing that tomorrow will never come, that the hole in Kris’ heart would just slowly close, and that Jongdae’s tears would cease.

 

 

His boyfriend was dying.

His boyfriend was in pain.

His boyfriend was leaving him.

 

Jongdae weeps

 

 

 

 

“Yi fan-ge…”

“Yes, Chen-ah?”

Jongdae narrows his eyes, his lips before letting out the first syllable.

 

 

It was an irrational and rash decision but he was willing to risk his own dream just to be with the ones he loved. Just like how other stars fall from the sky, knowing that they can never return back to their home, he too will fall so that a wish maybe granted.

 

 

 

“If you’re going to leave, then take me with you”, Jongdae looks up at Kris with determined eyes. He sees the obvious shock plastered all over his boyfriend’s features.

“Do you understand what you’re asking me of, Jongdae? You’re leaving behind something you’ve dreamt of for who knows how long!? This isn’t some game that you can press resta-!”

“I KNOW!” Kris freezes, “DON’T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED THAT?”

“Chen-“Jongdae begins to hit Kris’ chest repetitively, putting all the remaining strength he had, so that his message would cross over to the other side.

“ I’M GOING CRAZY HYUNG! CRAZY OVER THE FACT THAT YOU MIGHT JUST COLLAPSE IN FRONT OF ME AND PERMANTLY CLOSE YOUR EYES! Its scaring me hyung.. But what am I supposed to do?” Slowly, the shaken man whispers his last words, the strengths of his fist falters along.

 

 

It was unfair.

Unfair, how the world chose his Kris hyung to become a victim of something unfortunate.

 

 

“I can’t do what you’re asking of me, Chen-ah… I’ll leave… but not with you…”

Jongdae’s eyes widen. This was not happening.

“I just told you to take me with you didn’t I? Are you seriously telling me you’ll leave me hanging like this? Answer me hyung!”

“I would have left even if I hadn’t mentioned anything to you”

Jongdae’s grip loosened, falling to his side lifelessly. The tears that were previously running nonstop down his pristine cheek had ceased.

“…W-what?”

 

 

Jongdae was dumbfounded.

 

Kris barely turns his body to face him, but he feels like fainting when he hears his leader repeat his words.

 

“I’m leaving Jongdae….but without you by my side”

 

When Jongdae’s knees buck and loses its strength, Kris has already entered their shared room, walking with ghost-like footsteps.

 

Jongdae memorizes the details of the broad back he was used to seeing, before falling into the spell of darkness.


The next day, Jongdae wakes up on his bed, eyes swollen and puffy, head aching, unable to move.

He turns to the bed just opposite of him, where he thought he would see the usual snoring Kris, hugging his favorite stuffed toy and son, Ace.

 

But tears began to well up once again when he doesn’t see any trace of the elder, or his things. The right side of the room, looked undoubtedly used to an outsider, but Jongdae was not one, he just curls up and hugs the two things Kris had left.

 

His alpaca and his scent.

“You stupid man”

 

That day, a single wish of the night comes true.

Jongdae’s tears had ceased, yet the hole in his beloved’s heart was not getting any smaller, and the tomorrows keep on coming.

 

Jongdae wishes time would just stop for him.


By this time, Baekhyun had been snuggling closer to the comforter, slightly whimpering at the disappearance of his warmth; Jongdae had taken a liking to sitting by the window.

 

11:56

 

He was still wide awake and in a daze.

 

 

He was so tired right now; he had no more tears to spare.

 

All gone

 

 

11:58

 

His phone vibrates, and he stares at it for a while, before weakly reaching for it. He does not look at the caller, and just places it near his ear.

 

“Jongdae-ah”

 

The vocal almost drops his phone.

“Y-Yi Fan-hyung?”

“How have you been, Chen Chen?”

“You’re asking something invalid hyung”

 

A short silence ensues.

 

11:59

 

“I miss you so much, Chen-ah”

 

“Then come home, you idiot. Don’t go leaving when you’re going back anyway”

 

“You know I can’t do that”

Jongdae bites down his tongue.

“I’ll be watching the concert, okay? Sing a lot for me okay?”

“….”

“I love you so much than you’ll ever know”

The call ends, the beeping mocking the speechless 22 year old.

 

 

 

12:00

 

Jongdae finally falls asleep, under the eyes of the unusually bright constellations. The sky had been illuminated greatly, each corner sparkling like dewdrops during the dawn.

 

A particular star shone the brightest that night.

 

Antares, the red supergiant star of the Scorpius


 

So yeah... the end....

er...

 

Sorry for ending it this way..

 

but you till have the epilouge to look forward to!

I promise you guys that, that will REALLY be a happy ending

 

 

Oh and I wanted to thank a particular person for being such a dedicated Chen and Kris fan. We have all gone through such hard times because of that incident but I wanted to give this girl a great big virtual hug for being able to gain the strength to slowly, and steady rise up from where she fell.

 

Mikazuki_angel

 

I love u so much

 

Like really, I really appreciate the long comments and the stories you have shared with me.

Despite not knowing you personally, I feel a strong bond with you.

 

 

And to all my subscribers and to those who have taken a little bit of time to read this,

 

I thank you and congratulate you as well.

 

You have taken this well.

The time for tears is over guys

Its time to face the music and lets all work hard to support the boys

There is a better tomorrow waiting for all of us, because today was the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.

And look you're smiling now 

:)

 

~SnowySpring

P.S

I'm stilling looking for a beta, if you're interested please do message me.