It was fate.

Just leave it all up to Fate

 

“Are you joking? How could I go inside a coffee shop in this state?” The red head pointed at his drenched clothes and chuckled.

“You wouldn’t want to drink coffee with someone like me. I mean, look at your outfit and look at mine, all sloppy and wet!”

“You look fine as you are. Maybe even…” Minho complimented.

“Maybe even… what?” The boy was staring at him expectantly.

“Errr, nevermind! So, what’s your verdict?”

“If you insist. Let’s go?” His sweet smile could’ve melted Minho then and there.

“Wait. I forgot one tiny detail.” The boy interrupted him.

“What’s that?”

“I got robbed, remember?”

“So?”

“I don’t have any money to get home and buy a drink.”

“That’s alright. I-“

“Don’t even think about treating me, mister. I’ll think of something somehow.”

“It’s really fine. I could spare a few- “

“Shush!”

Minho had no response in mind. The kid was as stubborn as he was. It was a good sign, right? While he was in deep thought, Minho started to stare from the top of the boy’s head and went down, down to his slim body. He had to gulp when he reached his jeans.

Wait…

“Do you perhaps, have a bill in your pocket?” Minho asked.

“No, I—“ The redhead stopped in midsentence and placed his hand inside his pocket. For a moment, his face suddenly turned sour and he took his hand out with a force. Sure enough, a thousand won was crumpled in his fist.

“Hey, are you—“

“Okay? No, I’m not okay! This bill. This goddamned bill is the source of all my misfortunes today! I’d give anything to get rid of it!” He waved it around angrily.

Minho controlled himself from pinching the other’s cheek. He was too cute. But it made him wonder how a single bill could turn someone’s day bad. Minho locked his eyes on the thousand won that was swaying from the boy’s grip. It was familiar. Too familiar.

“Hold on.” Minho gently grabbed the other’s hand and took the bill. His eyes were not deceiving him. It was the same bill he had written on a month ago. He was too focused on the money to see that the younger boy was blushing madly. They were too close for comfort.

“Where did you get this?”

The boy cleared his throat and grabbed his composure.

“I got it from a vending machine.”

“.”

 

-------------------------------

Taemin was utterly puzzled.

? What the hell is up with that bill?

His confusion grew even more when the taller boy’s soft lips turned into a wide grin and started laughing, even covering his face a few times.

“I can’t believe this!” He started exclaiming while ruffling his hair.

Is he crazy? Should I run away now while he’s too occupied?

“Hey.” He looked at Taemin with his eyes sparkling in delight.

He took something out from his back pocket and handed it to Taemin. It left the other grasping for words.

Was this pure coincidence or…

The boy was handing him three yellow daisies.

“Hi. I’m Choi Minho.”

“Lee Taemin.” He took the flowers in his hands and returned his smile.

“So… about that coffee…” Minho started.

 

It wasn’t coincidence. It was fate.

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N:

Sorry I took so long before updating with the final chapter!

I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it :)