Juice

Just leave it all up to Fate

Walking by the streets of Seoul brings a pleasant feeling to a boy named Taemin. But it wasn’t that pleasant when he had to walk behind his two friends with their hands intertwined. Skinship was particularly normal in Korea. Anyone succumbed to it no matter what age, especially between the same genders. No one suspected that Key and Jonghyun were really together as a couple. He continued walking under the shadow of the two. Taemin despised it. He glared at the sun as it shoots its rays of blinding light on him as if taunting his very being.

            “I hate this.” He mumbled to himself.

            As the saying goes, no man is an island. Taemin had been waiting forever for the right person to come along. He may just seem like a hardworking boy on the outside but his deep secret lies within.

He hated how Key’s hand fit perfectly in Jonghyun’s and how the two would laugh and smile at each other, drowning the world out. It was annoying and depressing to hear their lovesick giggles. He too longed for someone to walk on the streets with just like what he was witnessing now. For the meantime, he was stuck being the third wheel and everyone knows how that .

“Hey, I’m just… gonna get something to drink.” Taemin called from behind. It was a miracle that the two even heard him.

“Sure” Jonghyun said too quickly and gazed back at Key’s eyes. Taemin had to roll his and headed for the vending machine. He was suddenly craving for juice, or just anything that could get his mind off things.

He took the only bill he had from his wallet. It was worth 5000 won.

“I guess I have no other choice.”

Taemin inserted it in the machine. The clanging coins soon came after. He took his juice first and then his change. The coins were sure to make his wallet heavier. At least there was one bill to lessen the load. He rushed to where the couple was before keeping the money in his hands.

“Wait, Taemin, there’s something written on that 1000 won.” Key blurted out.

“Huh?” Taemin examined the bill and read the words out loud.

 

놀이터에서만나요

당신은어느하나를알수있습니다

9월

오전9시...