Suit and Tie

Dragon's Nest series

Title: Suit and Tie
Pairing: Chanbaek
Genre: Romance
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I own nothing beside this fic
Word Count: 1,744
Age settings: Baekhyun 17 years old, Sehun 15 years old
Summary: A night with suit and tie in Wu family

A/n: It has nothing to do with the story but the title is taken from Justin Timberlake's song ^^



Baekhyun fidgets nervously as he plays with the hem of his shirt. He has his lower lip worried between his teeth, socked feet can’t stop rubbing against each other. He keeps on blinking in concern, eyeballs staring at every corner of his room. Sitting in front of him, Sehun is busy applying hair gel to his brother’s hair, styling the strands as best as he can.

“Are you done or not?” Baekhyun asks as he bounces on his bed, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

“This isn’t as easy as you thought, Hyung. Now shut up and let me take care of you,” Sehun says immediately and Baekhyun notices a hint of irritation in his voice, so he decides to just shut up.

Tonight, the Wu family is going to eat dinner together in a fancy restaurant that they frequent. They do this kind of dinner once in three or four months. So that’s why they are getting dressed neatly, trying not to have their shirts crumpled and styling their hair nicely.

Yifan is ready in one of his best suits, and he’s helping Junmyeon with his tie. On the other hand, Sehun whose style is simpler, is ready only in a polo shirt and his black blazer with his hair middle parted carefully (Sehun is always good with his hair). The youngest boy is busy fixing his brother’s hair, smearing hair gel on his palm and tilting the bangs to a certain angle deliberately.

What makes Baekhyun nervous is the fact that Chanyeol is joining their family’s dinner tonight. Their relationship is starting to get serious even though they aren’t official yet, and the idea to ask Chanyeol to join the dinner slipped out of Junmyeon’s mouth a few days ago, which was quickly declined by Baekhyun in panic and embarrassment, and aggressively agreed by the rest of family members. He was forced to call Chanyeol immediately after that in front of everyone. (“Hi, Chanyeol… Um, I’m wondering if you—Sehun stop staring at me like that!!”)

He has been feeling so nervous since then, and he’s so restless today that Sehun wants to slap the out of him.

“This is just another dinner, Hyung. What are you so worried about?” Sehun asks while giving the final touch to Baekhyun’s hair.

“Why the hell should Chanyeol join our dinner?” Baekhyun whines, and Sehun slaps his arm lightly as a signal not to move because Baekhyun whines a lot when he’s whining.

“Just consider this as an early meeting of your marriage discussion,” Sehun teases as he lets go of his brother’s hair, he grabs Baekhyun’s chin with his fingers to tilt his head, admiring his own work.

“Sehunie! I’m only a sophomore!” Baekhyun whines again, and Sehun sighs in defeat, eyes bore to his brother’s panic (but still cute) face.

“You know how warm dad and ba welcome Chanyeol hyung! They’re not against your relationship even the slightest bit, Hyung. And he’s not the type to be in a relationship just for fun so I won’t be surprised if in 6 years he proposes you,” Sehun continues calmly, his eyes still scanning Baekhyun’s hair to search any kind of spots he might’ve missed, and when he doesn’t find any, he nods and puts the hair gel on Baekhyun’s desk. “Anyway, your hair’s ready. Try not to bump your head to anything and I’ll kick your crotch if you ever messed it.”

Baekhyun stares at the mirror near the bed and he has to admit that his brother’s work is really amazing. “You sound like a hair stylist.”

“Do hair stylists kick their artists’ crotches?” Sehun asks while lifting one of his eyebrows. “And I make you more handsome so who’s the winner here?”

Baekhyun laughs, he gives Sehun’s chest a light punch and the younger only smiles in return. “Thanks, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun shrugs coolly and Baekhyun doesn’t question why he’s everyone’s favorite. “No problem.”

Just as Sehun stands up and drags Baekhyun’s chair back to the desk, the door is opened and Junmyeon peeks his head inside. He stares at both of his sons in awe, and he throws a meaningful smile at Baekhyun. “Chanyeol’s here. I’ll just tell him to go inside your room, okay?”

“I’m leaving, then.” Sehun walks to the door and Junmyeon opens the door wider. “Tell us if you’re ready. Take your time!”

Baekhyun groans in embarrassment (and anticipation) as he’s left alone in his room, heart thumping loudly against his ribs and he practically feels his face grows redder. He looks at the mirror just to make sure even though Sehun has assured him earlier that he looks stunning already. When he’s still in panic, a tall guy with styled hair and a nice suit arrives at his door and Baekhyun thinks his heart stops beating.

It’s Chanyeol, eyes bright as usual and legs look longer because of his trousers. However, he’s not smiling and he’s looking at Baekhyun blankly instead while closing the door behind him. That face makes Baekhyun panics even more because he thinks he’s messed his hair already.

“Do—do I look ugly?” Baekhyun asks quietly, he starts to arrange a plan to act that he’s sick so that he doesn’t have to go later.

“N-no, I’m sorry. You’re so handsome, I’m out of things to say…”

That compliment shoots shades of red to Baekhyun’s face and he presses his palms to his face as he lets out a high pitched squeal, and Chanyeol can’t help but thinking that Baekhyun will be able to reach higher notes when singing. He laughs heartily and takes a sit beside Baekhyun, he pries Baekhyun’s hands off of his face and holds his wrists to look at him on the eyes, but Baekhyun cranes his neck to the opposite side, helplessly trying to hide his face.

“Hey, hey, look at me,” Chanyeol says in a teasing tone, and this time he grabs Baekhyun’s shoulders and forces him to look at his direction. Baekhyun is more stubborn than he thinks because the older boy keeps in lowering his head, refusing to look at Chanyeol.  However, he’s no match with Chanyeol in the term of strength so in the end the taller boy manages to grab Baekhyun’s chin to tilt his head upward.

And silence blankets them immediately.

They look at each other’s eyes before Baekhyun breaks the eye contact, but Chanyeol keeps on looking at Baekhyun’s face while smiling. He brushes Baekhyun’s cheek with his fingers delicately and soon that cheek is tinted with a patch of pink. Chanyeol doesn’t think that he can look away from this boy anytime soon because he meant it with all sincerity in this world when he said that Baekhyun looks handsome. He finds it cute when Baekhyun lowers his head but keeps on stealing glances at him.

“You look gorgeous tonight,” Chanyeol says softly, and it gets Baekhyun to lift his face. “Your hair looks good.”

“Do—do I?” Baekhyun asks shyly and he smiles. That sweet curve of those pretty thin lips is all it takes for Chanyeol’s heart to beat faster because Baekhyun’s smile is something that he’ll die for. “Thank you… Sehun did my hair for me…”

No one says anything after that, they stay in that position quietly, sitting so close to each other and Chanyeol still has his hand on Baekhyun’s lower arm and his fingers still plastered to Baekhyun’s cheek. The silence feels weird but it’s not uncomfortable, and Baekhyun likes the feeling of Chanyeol’s warmth around him. He’s never felt this way when he’s with other people, there’s a certain churn in his stomach that makes him feels all warm and fuzzy inside.

Baekhyun makes a mistake by lifting his head once again, because the next second, he’s greeted by Chanyeol’s eyes which are looking at him fondly, as if the rest of the world doesn’t matter anymore as long as Baekhyun is beside him, as if there’s nothing that can compare Baekhyun’s beauty. And he would be lying if Chanyeol doesn’t look more handsome than he usually is. That guy is undoubtedly breathtaking with suit and tie, hair combed backward to reveal a nice forehead and face shining with a toothy grin. Baekhyun can’t explain the emotion in Chanyeol’s eyes, because he only sees himself in there, swimming in the depth of Chanyeol’s mind.

He stiffens when Chanyeol suddenly leans his face closer, their faces are so close that Chanyeol’s breath ghosts over his lips. Their noses bump a bit as the taller boy closes the gap between them, and their lips meet in the sweetest way possible. Baekhyun shudders at the kiss, because their lips mold perfectly and he thinks he sees fireworks and unicorns flying around a rainbow somewhere in his head. He holds his breath as Chanyeol presses their lips more firmly, this time he parts his lips and lightly on Baekhyun’s lower lip while the latter doesn’t dare to move a single inch. He can’t see Chanyeol’s face and he doesn’t even remember when he closed his eyes.

As the kiss lasts longer, Chanyeol runs his fingers to Baekhyun’s hair (still careful not to mess it), this time opening his mouth wider and his tongue starts to on Baekhyun’s lips to pull them apart—

“Hyung, dad wants to know if you still have some—oops.”

Chanyeol quickly pulls away. He gets up from the bed and stands on a safe distance from Baekhyun. He purses his lips tightly while trying to control his breath, and Baekhyun is terribly embarrassed, his face and lips are all red for different reasons. The taller boy is about to say something to melt the nervousness, but just as sudden as his appearance, Sehun turns around and leaves without closing the door.

“Ba! They kissed!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol snap their heads to the door, eyes wide and surprised. Why would Sehun do that??? As if they aren’t shocked enough, Yifan’s loud voice echoes through the house,

“Junmyeon! I told you! Ha, I win! You pay for the dinner!”

The next second, Junmyeon groans and says, ‘fine, fine,’ in defeat, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol stays on their very spots, feeling awfully embarrassed. Their faces get redder, and they try to ignore the laughs from outside the room.

The dinner is going to be so awkward.


(Yifan puts his spoon down. “So… is Chanyeol a good kisser or not?”

The couple chokes on their soup.)

 

 

 

A/n2: I hope I didn't fail the fluff... TT
Thank you for reading! ^^



ask.fm