Ruined

Dragon's Nest series

Title: (It’s Not) Ruined
Author:nanaspineapple
Pairing:Krisho
Genre:romance
Rating:PG (I don’t really know how to rate a fic someone help me)
Disclaimer:I own nothing beside this fic
Word Count:3,277
Age settings: Baekhyun 6 years old, Sehun 4 years old
Summary: Plans aren’t made to be ruined, and Yifan has his way to fix Junmyeon’s ruined plan

(embarrassingly rushed, awful etc etc etc)


A/n: I expected myself to finish this days ago and this is Yifan’s birthday fic and today’s already the 9th WHAT TO DO ODG I’M REALLY REALLY SORRY. School when you’re on your last year sigh TT



Birthday isn’t a special occasion for Yifan.

He knows that he was born on the 6th of November, but he never has an intention to celebrate it whatsoever. Celebrating birthday isn’t something important in his family, so he bats no eye. Ever since he was in China and moved to Canada, November 6th has been a usual day for him. Celebrating birthday isn’t his thing that he always forgets his birthday. However, it kind of changed after he had moved to Korea, because there was Kim Junmyeon. The pretty male was always the one to wish Yifan a happy birthday, to bring him a cake and a present. That was one of the small matters that made Yifan knelt for Junmyeon, filled with will to kneel forever until he breaks his knee.

If there’s one thing that doesn’t change, it’s Yifan still doesn’t remember his birthday. If Junmyeon doesn’t say anything about it, the day will go just as boring as usual. Junmyeon doesn’t hate it, though (he hates nothing about Yifan anyway), since he finds it cute when Yifan is all but flustered when he pops a cracker to his face, leaving confetti on his hair and shouts an excited ‘happy birthday!’ to his face.

It’s five days before Yifan’s birthday when Junmyeon gathers his boys to the living room. They leave their crayons and drawing books on the floor, tiny feet running to Junmyeon with excited face.

“What is it, Daddy?” Baekhyun asks in delight. Junmyeon thinks he sees fireworks in his eyes.

“Do you know today’s date?” Junmyeon asks back, mysterious smile on his face.

“Yesterday was October 31st!” Sehun exclaims while lifting his small arm, feeling proud of himself.

“So today is October 32nd?” Baekhyun asks, head tilted cutely to the right, and Junmyeon bursts out into a fit of laughter.

“Noo! Today is November 1st!” Junmyeon says between his laugh. He wipes the tear from the corner of his eye before continuing. “Do you know what’s coming in November?”

The boys contemplate for a while until Sehun claps his hands. “Christmas?”

“No, no! Easter!” Baekhyun bounces on his place.

“But Hyung, Easter is on April!” Sehun corrects.

“But I want bunny!” Baekhyun whines.

Since his boys’ argument doesn’t seem to find a stop, Junmyeon decides to cut it by ruffling their hair affectionately, and it manages to shut them up. “November 6th is you baba’s birthday.”

“Baba’s birthday!” Baekhyun squeals and he giggles with Sehun.

“Weren’t you drawing something? Now, while you’re at it, go make a drawing for baba, he will be very happy,” Junmyeon suggests and both of his boys seem delighted upon hearing the idea. They immediately run to their neglected drawing books and crayons before happily discussing about what would they draw as a present for their Chinese father.

Yifan has never gotten a present from his boys and Junmyeon knows that he will be happy if he receives one, and that’s why Junmyeon plans the whole thing carefully this year.






“I’ll be home a bit late,” was what Yifan said in the morning before planting a sweet, quick kiss on Junmyeon’s thin lips and went out of the apartment, rushed steps guiding him to the basement. Junmyeon purposefully didn’t wish Yifan a happy birthday so that his and the kids’ surprise will turn out well. The kids have their drawings done and Junmyeon hangs them by the window. He also hangs a ‘Happy Birthday’ banner to the ceiling (which needs almost an hour to be done because he’s just too short), cooks Yifan’s favourite food and buys a small cake. He almost forgets to finish his job until the chief editor calls him to remind him that his deadline is inching closer.






Junmyeon picks up his boys from the kindergarten at four and tells them to shower and dress prettily for their ba’s simple birthday party later. If Yifan is going to be home late then it would be around 7 or 8 and an hour party is enough until it’s time to tuck the boys in their beds.

It was already 7.30 in the evening when the boys are sitting on the couch, watching Pororo together. The food is ready and still warm on the table. Junmyeon is walking back and forth from the living room to the kitchen, anxious because Yifan isn’t home yet. Baekhyun starts to feel sleepy and he calls for his dad.

“Daddy,” he calls and Junmyeon stops walking to stare at his son. “When is baba going to be home?”

“I’m sleepy...” Sehun mumbles while rubbing his eyes cutely and Junmyeon does his best to stand still and not to run to his youngest son and spin him in the air. “Daddy, call ba and ask him if he’s done...”

“Ah, right...” Junmyeon walks to the living room and sits on the couch across the one that his sons are sitting on. He takes his phone that he put on the coffee table earlier. He presses the speed dial that connects him to Yifan’s number and brings the device to his ear. “I hope he’s not too busy to pick up the call.”

At the matter of fact, Yifan is always busy. It’s just Junmyeon is always his first priority above everything, and that’s why Yifan always picks up Junmyeon’s call no matter how busy he is. The line is connected and Yifan’s voice sounds that he’s in a hurry but since Yifan is a calm guy, it’s not that obvious. “Babe?” he calls. “What is it?

“Yifan,” Junmyeon calls back, he glances at his sons who are staring at him with expectation, “when—when are you going home?”

I Just finished a meeting,” Yifan mutters from the other line, he sounds exhausted. “I have a pile of reports and papers that I have to revise and sign. After that I’ll have to be in another meeting as a closing. Shortly, I’ll be home around ten. What is it? Do you need me for something?

Yes, Junmyeon wants to scream but no, he doesn’t do that. Yifan is busy and he needs to understand. Instead, he smiles even though Yifan can’t see him. “It’s okay. I was just asking. Don’t forget to drink a lot, okay?”

There’s a pause and Junmyeon is a bit scared if Yifan senses his anxiety, but all he hears is only a short sigh. “Okay. Don’t stay up late. See you later.

“Yeah, see you.”

I lo—

Junmyeon ends the call before he manages to hear what Yifan would say, even though he already knows what it will be. He stares at his phone screen sadly and looks up to see his sons whose eyes are fixed on him, face painted with curiosity. Junmyeon smiles and puts his phone on the table. His sons’ disappointed face is the last thing he wants in this world, so he decides to just lie to them. “Let’s wait a little more, okay?”

“But I’m sleepy...” Sehun says as he yawns and Junmyeon chuckles.

“You can sleep if you want. I’ll wake you up when baba comes.”

Junmyeon stays silent as his sons close their eyes and cuddle to each other, and he feels tears spring in his eyes, but he manages to hold himself together and smiles to himself, even though deep inside he’s really, really disappointed.






It’s almost 10.30 when Yifan unlocks the door before shifting inside, body feels heavier because he’s really tired. He takes off his shoes and socks, sighing as he notices that the house is really quiet. Junmyeon and the kids must be sleeping, he thinks, I’ll just take a shower and sleep.

However, he squints upon seeing the living room is still bright. He enters the room and a banner that says ‘Happy Birthday’ greets him. There are also simple party decorations like some balloons in the corner of the room and neglected cracker on the dining table. There are bowls of food in the dining table, already covered in plastic wrap in order to keep them hygienic. There are two pieces of paper hung by the window and he approaches them to have a better look.

The first paper is a drawing of four people, smiling, holding hands, and looking happy. One of the people was drawn extremely tall and Yifan chuckles lightly, notices that it’s him. There’s a messy ‘happy birthday baba’ at the top of the paper and Yifan knows that it’s Baekhyun’s because Sehun can’t write yet. The second paper is a messy drawing of a man with a long face, small eyes, super thick eyebrows and yellow hair. Yifan unconsciously flies his hand to his hair because is my hair that bright? and again, chuckles heartily.

Yifan shifts his gaze to the couch where his husband is sleeping on, with Baekhyun leaning to his right side and Sehun’s head on his left thigh. Yifan instantly feels guilty because they surely had spent much time preparing all of this and he... he only thinks about himself.

Slowly, Yifan walks to the couch and lifts Baekhyun as gentle as possible, not wanting to wake Junmyeon up. The shorter male shifts a bit at the lost of weight, but he doesn’t wake up. Junmyeon is normally a light sleeper who wakes up at the slightest movement, which means he’s exhausted right now. Yifan brings Sehun into his embrance using one hand (and thinks to himself, ‘wow, I’m really good at this’) and brings them into their bedroom.

Yifan has a hard time putting them down since Baekhyun is clinging to his neck and Sehun is clutching his shirt, and by the time he’s able to detach them off of him, he decides that tonight they will sleep in one bed, instead of sleeping in their own ones. He lets out a tired huff as he walks to the living room, thinking that he has another person to carry to his bed. Actually it kind of surprises him when he sees Junmyeon is still in the same position as before, not moving even an inch. He steps closer and sits beside Junmyeon.

“Junmyeon-ah,” he calls softly. His voice makes Junmyeon’s eyes flutter open, but they’re closed as Junmyeon leans his head on Yifan’s shoulder. Yifan caresses Junmyeon’s cheek, and for the umpteenth time in his life, he thinks that Junmyeon is the most beautiful person he’s ever seen.

After relishing Junmyeon’s face for a while, he leans in and gives Junmyeon a peck. His husband only hums lowly as a response, and Yifan kisses him again while pushing him onto the couch, until Junmyeon’s head lands safely on the armrest. Hovering above him, Yifan keeps on kissing his husband. To his surprise, either because Junmyeon is sleeping or he’s kissing Yifan in his dream, Junmyeon parts his lips slightly and Yifan wastes no time to shove his tongue past them. The sudden warmth in his mouth makes Junmyeon’s eyes snap open and he gasps loudly because Yifan’s face is so close to his.

Yifan definitely doesn’t see it coming. Junmyeon pushes him off of him while shrieking in panic and he lands on the floor with a loud crash and groan.

“Why would you do that?” Yifan asks hysterically, hand caressing the part of his back that hit the floor earlier.

“No, why would you do that? Why did you put your tongue inside a sleeping person’s mouth??” Junmyeon asks back, he looks scared.

“You know I only put my tongue inside your mouth,” Yifan replies calmly and Junmyeon blushes almost instantly at that.

“Oh dear God, you’re such a nuisance,” Junmyeon whines while covering his face using both hands. Usually Yifan is persistent when it comes to arguing, he doesn’t want to lose badly that meaningless things will come out of his mouth until Junmyeon gives up. But maybe, not that night. The reply doesn’t come as how usually it does and Junmyeon peeks from his fingers. He widens his eyes upon seeing Yifan is looking at him with a sad expression. “What’s with that face?”

Yifan gives a simple smile, gaze drops to the floor. “I’m an idiot.”

Junmyeon’s expression changes. “Why is that?”

“I mean, look at this,” Yifan gestures at the decorations around them. “You and the kids have spent much time for this and I—I ruined your plan. Don’t you feel angry at me?”

“I’m not angry, Yifan.” Junmyeon shakes his head with a smile. “I’m—I’m just... disappointed.”

“Don’t you want to yell at me for being such a ?”

Junmyeon doesn’t reply, instead, he stands up and walks to his husband before circling his arms around Yifan’s waist, face buried in his broad chest. “I can’t do that, I love you too much.”

Hearing those words, Yifan can do nothing but hugs him back, nuzzles into his hair and pulls Junmyeon closer to him. To think that he still yell at him sometimes...

“I’m sorry,” Yifan whispers right on Junmyeon’s ear, and he feels the latter shudders.

“No, I’m sorry too, I should’ve told you,” Junmyeon says before trailing off, he leans to his husband’s touch and smells the fading perfume on his shirt. It’s about a minute of hugging later Junmyeon detaches himself off Yifan. “Now that you’re here, at least let’s blow a candle.”

Yifan smiles. “Okay.”

The tall male stays in his place as Junmyeon walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge to take out a small cake. Junmyeon opens the upper cabinet and pulls out some candles before kindling them with a lighter. With a simple smile on his face, Yifan walks to the kitchen and stands beside the dining table. He waits until Junmyeon stands before him, cake on his hands, candles bright on top of it.

“Now make a wish and blow the candles,” Junmyeon demands and Yifan contemplates for a while before shaking his head.

“I have no wish,” Yifan says nonchalantly while shrugging. Junmyeon gapes at the answer.

“No way! You have to have at least one!” Junmyeon protests and Yifan chuckles. The taller male exhales as if he’s preparing to say a speech.

“I don’t know how to put this but... let’s say that the Gods give us 1000 wish to us in a lifetime. And we can use all of them, from we’re children until we’re adults,” Yifan starts and Junmyeon can only stares at him. “And for me, I wished too much when I was younger that I’ve used all of those chances to wish.”

“What?” Junmyeon squints. “What exactly did you wish?”

Yifan’s eyes on him are unreadable until he starts answering. That’s the expression of longing, the expression which Junmyeon translates as ‘I love you’ all the time. “I wished to own a person with the most beautiful smile, with the brightest sparkle in his eyes, with the most flawless face, with the most delicate touch, with the warmest heart. And who knew? I got him.”

The answer gets Junmyeon to widen his eyes because he kinds of know where Yifan is going.

“He’s the angel who’s holding my cake now.”

It’s all Yifan needs to make Junmyeon’s face explodes to a tomato, red from the jaw up to his ears. The shorter male practically throws the cake onto the table with an embarrassed groan and he turns around while covering his ears even though Yifan isn’t saying anything further, and squats in the middle of the kitchen. Yifan laughs, he bends to blow the candles.

“Babe,” he calls, still laughing.

“Oh God I swear my face feels so hot right now!” Junmyeon whines. “Don’t say cheesy things like that, it’s embarrassing!”

“Hey,” Yifan calls again, this time while (forcefully) lifting Junmyeon to his feet and cups his cheek. Junmyeon refuses to lift his face and Yifan can see the shade of red on his cheeks. “Hey, Baby, look at me.”

Hesitantly, Junmyeon lifts his face and once again Yifan is greeted by the most flawless face he’s ever owned and the prettiest eyes which layered with love he doesn’t think he deserves. He knows well those eyes are on him all the time as if reassuring Yifan that, ‘yes, I love you,’ and, ‘you’re the best thing I’ve ever had in this world.’ Being in a long relationship makes it easier to read each other’s heart or eyes, so none of them bother to confess what’s in their mind since eye contact and touching each other are enough.

Junmyeon puts his hands flat on Yifan’s chest, eyes still locked with his husband and he smiles sweetly. Yifan put his arms around Junmyeon’s waist loosely, but he makes sure to hold Junmyeon’s heart tightly in his, not having intention to let it go.

“Happy birthday,” Junmyeon whispers softly, and that’s all Yifan needs to have this desire to selfishly have Junmyeon only for himself rushes to his head and he flies his hands to cup Junmyeon’s cheeks and presses their lips together. Their lips are only pressed against each other and they do no further because it’s simply sweet like that, soft hums escaping noses and smiles meeting in a lovely way.

Junmyeon is the one who pulls away, but Yifan doesn’t let him to, so in the end their lips are still hovering in front of each other, and it would be a lie if Junmyeon isn’t surprised when Yifan parts his lips. “Gosh,” he exhales, “I love you so much.”

It happens too fast that Junmyeon isn’t ready as Yifan starts to kiss him again, roughly and a bit sloppy this time. Junmyeon wonders if it has something to do with Yifan being exhausted because he just arrived from work minutes ago since the taller male is hungrily claiming his lips. But to think about it, Junmyeon’s doesn’t mind being eaten by Yifan.

The blond male is pushing Junmyeon without looking what’s behind so Junmyeon bumps into chairs and kitchen counter, and Yifan glances a bit to have the precise location of the dining table before pushing Junmyeon there, breaking the kiss to lift him onto the table and pushes him until his back lands on the wooden surface. Yifan is about to kiss Junmyeon again, but stops upon seeing his face. Junmyeon is panting, gulping once in a while, he’s blushing, his lips are cherry red and swollen. Realizing that his husband has been staring, he stares back at him.

“Don’t look at me like that, it’s embarrassing,” Junmyeon frowns and Yifan chuckles lightly before bringing Junmyeon’s hands on the sides of his head and trapping them there by entwining their fingers together. Yifan lowers his face and once Junmyeon feels Yifan’s breath on his lips, he instantly parts his lips, but Yifan quickly pulls away while giggling and Junmyeon pouts. “Don’t tease!”

Yifan sighs, he detaches their left hands and sweeps Junmyeon’s bangs out of his forehead delicately before leaning in and after their lips touch, he says, “I’m a jerk, aren’t I?”

A gentle peck is what Junmyeon gives. “But I love this jerk.” Yifan responses by kissing Junmyeon again, and after a few swirls of tongues, with mouth opened in front of each other’s, Junmyeon whispers, “happy birthday, Babe.”







(“You know what? You already.”

“And I don’t want to have on the dining table.”

Yifan and Junmyeon are too busy with themselves that they don’t realize that their son’s bedroom door is opened a bit, Sehun peeking behind it. He has been watching and he doesn’t even move even after his fathers disappear behind their bedroom door.

And that’s exactly how he grows up as a ert later ;))



A/n2: I’m sorry if this is a bit meh because I rushed this but I wish Yifan to have a happy, happy birthday and I want him to enjoy whatever he’s doing right and I! WANT! KRISHO! BACK!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?

I’m sorry.

Thank you for reading! ^^