Believe

Please Believe in Me

It was fun for the first couple of hours. After that, it was like Kris opened a pandora box.

 

He had been facing the screen all day. He was searching everywhere for news about his lawsuit and EXO. The internet was like a drug to him. The comments online made him happy, and he couldn't live without them. He enjoyed reading his fan's comments, saying how he was correct - it was reassuring to him. Afterall, no one likes to be wrong.

Articles surfaced how EXO members unfollowed him on instagram. He was surprised at how childish they were. What surprised him the most was when he read Amber unfollowing him.

Out of curiosity, he left her a message in kakaotalk. 

'I thought you liked me.'

Once he sent the message, he grew nervous. He began to question whether he made the right choice. Before he could resume back to the virtual world that was gradually becoming a war zone for the fans, Amber replied.

'Giving up a career for a girl is not my style.'

Kris angrily tapped away on his mobile. 

'But I'm suing them because of money and for their treatment towards me.'

He stared at his mobile until he received another reply.

'You had an under the table agreement with SM, that's why it's not in your contract. You know that a good portion of your money is towards the debt SM paid for you years ago. Another portion is for your debt you incurred as you were a trainee. And treatment? Compare how you are being treated to me! SM gave you the best songs and production, whilst we got almost nothing. Even SHINee's budget has been reduced to take EXO to the top. You knew you were going to work long hours when you signed the contract. Working is a lot better than going on hiatus in this industry, and you know that!'

He hated how she was right. He didn't want to admit he was wrong.

Another message came through before he was able to collect his thoughts.

'When you signed the contract, you chose fame, not money. Admit it, the main reason was because Cho was fired because of you. Second reason was because Hangeng wanted you to join him.'

'You are despicable.' She added.

"Despicable?" He whispered to himself. That was when he realised he wasn't talking to Amber. He was talking with Cho.

'Cho?' He sent out. 

'Just come back. It's not too late for you to come back and apologise to them.'

'Not until they apologise to you.'

'They did what they could to protect EXO.'

-

They didn't like the idea Kris and Cho were going out together. Things became worse when Cho's manager discovered her complicated background. When he acknowledged Kris doing outragous acts because of her, he immediately fired her. He claimed it was the best for both of them, because the public would criticize their relationship if they do a background check on Cho. 

Kris disagreed. He thought it was unfair how he just fired her when she did nothing wrong. It wasn't right. 

'They did what they could do to protect themselves.' He replied. 

'That's because we're all humans. We do what we can to survive.'

Kris thought for a moment. How could she not be mad at them? Another message came through before he could reply.

'To forgive someone, is the same as forgiving yourself. Look at your fans online. They are attacking both SM and the other members. Weren't they your brothers? Don't you feel guilty?'

'Why should I apologise when I believe I am right? It's a slave contract.'

'If it wasn't for this contract, would you cherish EXO as much? Would you cherish the fans as much? Did SM treat you THAT badly? I was a SM staff too.'

'I...don't know anymore.'

'I believe in you.'

 

-

Cho thanked Amber and handed back the mobile to Amber. 

"It's okay. Would this really work?" Amber asked.

"I don't know," Cho replied. 

"Do you support his decision? Do you think he's right?"

"No one is right or wrong. I don't think it matters in this case. What matters is the consequences of our choices. Once Kris sees the consequence of his lawsuit, I believe he'll return. He never wanted to hurt anyone."

"But the relationship between him and SM."

"There are many employees in this world that are unsatisfied with their employers, but they still continue to work for that company. Besides..."

Amber stared at her with a baffled expression. "Besides what?"

"EXO...the tree of life will die without Kris' superpowers! What would SM staffs do?!"

"You've...already...been fired..."

 

 

To be continued...(hoping next chapter would be the last chapter.)