Hero

Please Believe in Me

Many people wants to be the hero of the story, but heros only exist during bad times. Some people may appear as the hero, because they know how to manipulate people's hearts.

 

Three days ago, Kris' lawsuit was confirmed. Whether it was to terminate or adjust the contract was no longer important to anyone. Main reason being, they had no time to waste with EXO's first concert approaching around the corner. 

"Now that it has come to this, do you guys want to postpone the concert? It's probably best," advised one of their managers.

"I think we should go ahead. We have to show him, even without him, we can still do very well," said Chen.

"Are you trying to kill us? The choreographies! We don't have enough time to practice for 11 members," Kai expressed.

"We could get replacement dancers. See if anyone in SM is willing to help us. Cut back on as much dancing as possible," Luhan suggested. "We can't collaspe at a time like this. We have to show the world that we're strong and we will pull through regardless of the situation."

"I can take over Kris' part," Xiumin added.

Sehun stood up and kicked his chair away before storming off. Seconds later Tao followed Sehun out quietly.

The others just stared at the door. 

"Well, guess it's sorted then. Can I have all your media devices, please?" asked the manager.

"Oops! Left mine at the dorm," Baekhyun exclaimed.

"Let me unfollow Kris on instagram first. It annoyed me when I saw how many fans automatically sided with him and see him as some kind of victim," Lay uttered bitterly.

Chanyeol merely sighed. "I agree with you. It's actually very annoying."

"We'll do it for you guys. You guys have another schedule to rush to," urged their manager. They all handed over their phones. "Whatever you want to post, just tell a member of staff."

The EXO members all nodded. 

-

As the day went on, news about the members unfollowing Kris was surfacing. Fans were speculating that those were not the actions of the EXO members, but the SM staffs. Baekhyun was made a hero because he was the only member who didn't unfollow Kris. The fact he followed Heechul reminded the fans how Heechul supported Hangeng during his lawsuit.

When Sooji saw this, she was furious. Being Baekhyun's best friend, she knew what Baekhyun was up to. 

-

When the EXO members returned to the SM building, Sooji ran up to Baekhyun and asked him for his mobile.

"I don't have it," he replied innocently.

"You followed Heechul, how can you not have your mobile?!" She snapped.

"You...followed Heechul?" Chanyeol asked with a raised eyebrow. Everyone else was puzzled by the news.

"You never liked Kris," Sooji whispered, hoping the others wouldn't hear. "How can you do this to the other members?"

"To become the hero, of course. In times of need, a hero has to appear. I just chose myself to play that role. It's an opportunity."

Sooji slapped him after hearing his reasons. Baekhyun glared at her with resentful eyes.

"How can you be so selfish?!" She yelled. "All the other members are being criticized because of you!"

"They won't because SM will be the scapegoat! And they won't mind because I'm doing this for EXO! Our concert is in a week's time. The fans can't hate all of us because of Kris' case. We need to stop losing supporters, and to do that, their ideal hero must be one of us so they won't all side with Kris and think we are some kind of villian in a movie," Baekhyun lashed out. "And what if Kris returns? How do we explain to him about unfollowing him? This petty behaviour is pathetic."

"Sooji, he's right," said Chanyeol.

"I...I'm sorry. I was too irrational." Sooji bit her lips as she waited for Baekhyun to unleash his anger at her.

"You...don't have to apologise. You just have to LEAVE ME ALONE!" Baekhyun ran off, leaving Sooji behind feeling guilty for her actions.

"If anyone else said that, he would have just laughed it off. He's so angry, because he thought you would support him." Chanyeol gave her a weak smile.

"Should we follow Kris back on instagram? We can just say a member of staff did it by accident," the manager suggested.

"No, we should be responsible for our actions. Why should you guys be blamed for our decisions?" Lay asked in a dreary manner.

"We get paid for this," one of the staff members replied happily. "It's okay."

"Can I use your laptop? I just want to quickly update the fans on what's going on with us," said Luhan. 

"Don't post anything that suggests you guys are the ones behind the unfollowing and the posts. Tell them once you are certain about your position in this situation. Some of you might regret your actions later. Also, fans feel better when they have something to blame on. In this case, it's SM," advised their manager.

 

 

 To be continued....

Next chapter will talk about Kris' perspective on his lawsuit.