Broken

Please Believe in Me

Okies, this story will be updated into small parts, because it's easier for me to edit on my phone, so it might take a while for me to complete this. 

 

The sorrowful weeping was muffled by the door, but it was still audible. 

Luhan was amazed at how such a quiet noise was able to impact him so much. He could feel his heart clenching, making it difficult for him to breathe.

Not many people can understand why the SM staff had to remove their media devices, but Luhan did. It was to prevent people like Lay from breaking.

 

One hour ago, Lay and Luhan returned to the dorm with a new SM staff. Lay begged the staff to use his mobile so he could see what were people's reaction to the current EXO drama.

To his horror, he found not only negative rumours and hate messages, but also atrocious attacks towards his own mother.

Tears poured instantly from his weary eyes. He was tired. They all were. 

Luhan quickly took the mobile and handed back to the staff before Lay smashed it to pieces.

"You should leave. Don't tell anyone about this. Go find Lay's phone and post something along the lines of stop hurting his family," Luhan ordered before shoving him out the door. 

Luhan acted quickly, but not quick enough. Lay had already destroyed a portion of the living room by throwing everything against the walls. The elder quickly grabbed his arms to prevent him from causing any more damage to the room or to himself.

"LET GO OF ME!" The main dancer yelled as he pushed Luhan against the wall. Luhan had never seen him so angry - so broken. Crimson veins covered Lay's eyes, blinding him from sanity.

"I could request the same from you."

"Ge (brother), what wrong have I done to deserve this?" Lay cried as he backed away from him. "Nothing is going right!"

"You haven't. Those horrible people will be punished."

"They don't believe me anymore." Lay's hands gripped onto his own hair as if he was about to pull all his hair out. 

"Lay, listen to me. People hate listening to the truth. They can't accept truths, but this is the truth that you and I must accept."

Lay curled up into a ball. "I can take on anything...but my mother...shouldn't be cursed at. I feel...so ashamed. All I wanted...was for people...to praise her for raising a good son...but I can't do that...I can't do...that."

"Zhang Yixing!"

"INSTEAD I CAUSED HER TO BE INSULTED LIKE THAT!" Lay panted heavily, clearly exhausted from all the dilemma. "It's all my fault."

"It's not your fault."

"Then it must be his fault." 

"It doesn't have to be anyone's fault." 

"Staying in China just before our first concert. Suing SM during the start of our promotions. Every member is being attacked by his fans. It's not his fault?" More tears trailed down his pale face. He took a deep breath before continuing. "He never told us, but you know why he's suing SM. It's not because of money, not because he's tired or health issues."

Luhan nodded solemnly. "It's because of Cho. Because they fired her," he said dryly. He too, have given up trying to find excuses for Kris' actions. It was ideal to think he had his reasons, but knowing the truth and persisting to find those reasons were tiring.

"Childish," Lay uttered with distaste and punched the wall, leaving a massive dent. Red immediately surfaced his fist. "I tried so hard, but nothing is going right. Nothing."

Luhan felt helpless as he couldn't say anymore to comfort his friend. He could only watch him head towards his room to face his thoughts alone. 

Once the door clicked, a signal that the door was shut, Luhan swiftly rushed towards the kitchen. He moved the fridge away from the wall to find a mobile hiding behind it. 

Lee So Man had told him about the emergency mobile. It was to be used in times of absolute emergencies. Seeing how Lay almost destroyed the dorm, it was a serious emergency. 

Lay really does have the power to heal people, but he cannot heal himself. 

"Who should I call?"

 

 

 

To be continued...