Me, My Job and the Boys

Last Goodbye

I woke up as soon as the sun hit me with its bright rays. A new day to start its course i thought to myself. I got up from my comfy bed and made way to the living room just to notice the time. DAMN!!! I'm late for work!! I rushed to the bathroom to brush and have a warm bath. I didnt want to leave the bath to face the cool breeze of winter to greet me. But i had to, cause i cant afford to be late for work. I dressed myself in a pair of black leggings and a t-shirt with my jacket. I checked myself in the mirror before heading out of the door. I liked the way i looked with my auburn hair swinging on my shoulders which complimenetd my sneakers. Me and my weird tastes!! I did not have time to even have breakfast. I dashed into the elevator and reached the cellar. I boarded on my red Porsche and made my way to my work place.

 

After 20 minutes of drive, i could see the logo of SM entertainment infront of me. Its over a year since i worked here but everytime i see the majestic building, i would get butterflies in my stomach. I entered the door and showed my I.D to the security, he then let me in. I cheerfully greeted Jihyun, the receptionist and made way to the 2nd room of the first floor. My doom's day would always start from this room. I opened the room to find the boys already doing warm up exercises. Well, the practice room belonged to...........

"Hey Casey!! Your late...... AGAIN" Sungmin greeted me. Yup You are right, this practice room belonged to SUPER JUNIOR. And unfortunately on my part I, Casey West was their choreographer.

" Good morning Sungmin nice to see you too" I greeted him sarcastically but he flashed his 100-watt smile at me.

I still wondered how i got myself in this place. I always told my family that i wanted to become an Architect but since the summer camp i joined when i was 11, i changed my mind. Instead i wanted to become a choreographer, i really liked dancing because it was the only thing which would give me relief when i would feel burdened and help me forget the sorrow-ful world around me. And before i knew it i ran away from home and ended up at SM to attend the interview (to which i was never invited to, mind it!!!) After pleading them for an hour or too i found myself infront of their CEO. I asked him to see the talent i had in me but not my experience. Eventually he agreed and asked me to choreograph a piece that SHINee would have to perform in a charity event. He told me it was a test for me. Well you can guess how that turned out cause i now was one of the best choreographer in the company, or so they tell me. At least i was the youngest choreographer around!!!

I had a decent salary or should i say a salary with which i had no idea what to do with. I seldom contacted my parents, who of course have forgiven me but only after they made me listen to their grief speeches on finding their daughter missing from the house. My porsche was also a gift from them for my success in the dancing field. (Yes, i belong to a wealthy family) 

I enjoyed my job a bit too much. HELL,it would be a dream for an ELF to work with her role-models. Yes, you guessed it right, i was an ELF before i came to this place but obviously i would never tell them the fact or else i will be kicked out from this place. Their prime rule was to never let a fan of any group to be working in the company which i unconsciously broke. But again, they need not know that. Another best part of my job was i had the freedom to call the members with their names without adding the formalities like oppa. But this freedom was only among the members. When it came to the managers and other on-set workers i had to use the formalities. I always felt strange how these korean people take their age way too seriously. Dont blame me, i am an American and you know that everyone is considered a friend in that country. At first i always had a translator tagging along with me, but now i was really fluent in hangul but i had problems with my pronounciation. To my relief the members did not mind.

"Guys, gather up. I have been informed that you guys will be having an event in Busan and you have to perform with the other bands. So i decided some of the songs you will be performing, which include Sorry Sorry and Mr.Simple and many others. It's okay if you dont remember the dance steps because i was wondering if i could change the choreo so it would bring a bit of twist in it. What do you say?" i asked them.

Being the choreographer, i could impose my decisions on them but i never did it once because when you dance, it should never be forced. It should be done with utmost dedication and the passion comes from the heart. So it is necessary that you are happy with the particular dance routine.

To my liking, they agreed with me. " Sounds like a good idea Case!! but iam sure you dont want to change the signature steps do you?" Eunhyuk asked me. He would always be the one taking responsibility to interfere in my job and i allowed him to do so because i personally believed he had the right to. He always lived up to his name 'Dancing Machine'. He would always give me suggestions to make the routine better and i would always listen to him because apart from being one of my best friend, he was more experienced in the field of dancing than me.

" Of course not!! The signature steps are the moves which define your songs so, i dont want to mess up with them. I just want to change the dance stances and other stuff." I answered him. He nodded his head and smiled at me.

" So what are we waiting for? let's get started!!" I exclaimed. Soon we discussed about the moves and the postures and places they will be taking in the dance. After teaching them, i asked them to perform the song in a go. I took a seat infront of them and watched them do their parts.

They were pretty tired from their schedules. That was the only thing i could conclude from their moves. They did their best not to show it though. They danced the steps perfectly but there was something amiss. It was like as if they did not enjoy it. Even Eunhyuk and Donghae seemed stressed out. I couldnt blame them though. They recently came back from Japan after holding a concert of D&E. Soon after 5 songs they stopped.

" O.K guys!! Good job! but Heechul, you need to go easy with the head banging, Yesung and Ryeowook, you guys look too stiff, loosen up a bit, Donghae you really need to stop forgetting your steps. Remember you are supposed to be one of the main dancers. Kyuhyun, you need to work on your sharp turns. I noticed you stumble alot during the turns." I told them their problems, they just nodded while drinking water.

"Why dont you take a break of 30 minutes and resume your practice then? I will be right back." I was about to leave to the next practice i had to attend when i found something or rather someone was missing. It wasnt late when i found who it was. 'Jake' i thought to myself. He is going to be great trouble later.

As if waiting to be punished, a limp figure appeared infront of me. I could tell that he had no sleep from the previous night. Well i wasnt surprised, HECK i have seen him even worse than this. I glared at him watching my watch later. 

" Jake! What a surprise!! What made you come here to shower us with gratitude with your presence?" i asked him, smiling sarcastically all the while glaring at him. He didnt answer but hung his head low with a sorry look on his face.

" Casey! Let me expalin" he tried but i bet him to it.

" JACOB ALCOTT!! You must have a really good reason to show up late for work for about 2 hours and actually dare to show your face to me." I slightly raised my voice at him. He was supposed to be here 2 hours ago assisting me with the dance moves because he was the so called Dance director or Jerk like i called him. All he did was stand there infront of me looking really guility. I started to melt due to his pitiful face. Curse my weak heart!!! As he saw my glare less threatening he stared to open his mouth but again i didnt let him to

"Please Jake! Dont try to explain why your late cause i already can guess about your date last night and how she wanted to spend time with you at your house being the reason you couldnt sleep early yesterday. Am i right or am i right??" I asked him adding stress to 'spend time' more than necessary.

" Casey! you are brilliant! its like can mind read. I really am sorry its just that i like her alot and yesterday was-"

"Trust me when i say i dont want to hear about it. Iam going to check on SHINee, meanwhile do me a favour and look after the boys and also finalize their posture. Do not i repeat DO NOT mess up this time." I warned him before storming into the next assigned practice room.


 

 

As soon as i entered, i was greeted with a Onew sleeping on the floor, Jonghyun looking into his cellphone probably texting, Key looking into the mirror adjusting his hair and Taemin doing back-flips and miserably failing at it. When they saw me, they broke into a smile while Taemin shook Onew to wake him up but as usual he couldnt.

"Hey guys!!" i greeted them. Saying so, i helped Taemin to wake up Onew. Later, they adjusted themselves and got ready for work.

" Hey!! Where is Minho?" i asked failing to see him in the room. He was never late for a practice.

"He has a shoot to attend to so he would be joining us later." Key answered me.

"Looks like someone missed their breakfast today" Taemin pointed out.

"How did you find out?"

"Well, It wasnt hard i heard you shouting at Jake hyung earlier and figured it out. You always get grumpy when you are hungry." I smiled at him knowing how well he knew me.That was the main reason i was so close to him, apart from being the same age as him. I had a fair share of people i was close too in every group but mostly boy-bands. There was Hyukkie and Hae from Suju, Onew and Taemin from SHINee, and Baekhyun and Sehun from EXO. Everyone always wondered why i could get along with boys rather than girls. But they got their answer after spending a few months working with me. I was a tomboy. Despite i had long auburn coloured hair, i had the qualities of a boy. That was why i was much comfortable around them. But i had my fair share of female friends too like Hyoyeon, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Yuri from SNSD and Sulli and Krystal from f(x).

"You are right about my breakfast Min, but however i was shouting at Jake because of a different reason."

"Let me guess! He is late for work again??" Onew offered.

"BINGO!! anyways i know you heard about the concert being held in Busan and i want you guys to choose the songs you would want to perform. And one of the performance should be 'Everybody' cause thats your most recent song so giddy up and start practising and one more thing" i pointed out. "At the start of 'Everybody' where you have to fling Tamin up, please be careful because i still havent forgotten what happened in the last concert." I warned them.

In their last concert they flinged Taemin a bit too hard and he ended up loosing his balance but thankfully he didnt hit the ground, face first. Luckily he gathered his balance and continued dancing. I was really thankful that nothing happened to him.

The members just looked at Taemin with a apologetic smile and all he could do was nod at them. They started their practice and were really doing a good job without causing any problems. But looks like i jumped to conclusions pretty fast. Soon they were pulling each other's hair or anything that came into their hand and started pushing each other. Key ended loosing his balance and fell followed by Jonghyun and Taemin. Onew just stared at them for a while and shouted 'GROUP HUG' before lauching himself on top of them. Key was now shouting on top of his lungs asking them really nicely  to move from him.  ( GET THE OF ME were his exact words). But, to make matters worst Onew started jumping on them and singing songs on how he loved s so much.

I still wondered how someone like Onew was made the leader of his group. Sometimes Taemin looked much mature than Onew. But i had to admit, Onew was really a capable leader and knew his responsibility really well.

"Guys, get up!! you need to complete the practice." My efforts were in vain as i found myself tackled down for the so called group hug. We were laughing out butts out later.

"You guys are enjoying without us??" I heard Shindong call from the door entrance. Before i could say anything i found myself sandwiched between SHINee and Super Junior and everyone was laughing loudly. I was glad that the practice rooms were sound proof or else people outside would be wondering what the hell was wrong with was. After we came back to out senses. we got up and cleaned ourselves. I was about to order them to get going with their routines but found that the boys were in their own world, some on the phone, some chatting with the others or some even sleeping (probably Onew and Kyuhyun). I tried to grab their attention but i knew it easier said than done.

 

This was going to be a really long day!!! 



 

How was the first chapter?? please comment and let me know!!

The Taemin accident i mentioned earlier was no joke, he really lost his balance during the performnce. Check it out at Kpop Mistake & Accident [SHINee Only] at 2:18 sec.

Iam really glad nothing happened to him...