Bed Time Story

Love Labyrinth

 

 

 

“Is she asleep?”

Yesung turns a little from closing the door as quietly as he could, facing the owner of the hushed voice.

“Yeah,” he replied back softly just as the other reached forward to pull him close and press a soft kiss to his lips.

“Really? That’s new.” The other snorts, earning a soft punch in the chest from Yesung.

“Only because she took after your uncontrollable behavior, Kyuhyun.” Yesung retorts, moving them away from the door. “I swear she’s like the exact copy of you.” He sighs as he breaks away from Kyuhyun’s snug hold to clean up the small mess their child had made in the living room.

“Isn’t that a good thing? You love me, so surely you love her greatly too.” Kyuhyun chuckles, helping out by picking up the crayons that were scattered across the wooden floor. “I mean, you do love me, right?”

Yesung scoffs a little, earning a frown from the brunette.
“Trust me, I ask myself that a lot too.”

He looks up just in time to see the other lunging towards him, Yesung immediately panicking and literally attempts to jump over the couch, desperately trying to escape. “I’m kidding! I’m just kidding!” he squeaks, the lanky male grabbing the smaller around the waist and tackles him onto the couch. The brunette buries his face into the crook of his lovers neck, gumming at the soft skin, earning a small whine and giggle from the man he had pinned beneath him.

“Stop! Kyu stop! You’re gonna wake Hana up!” Yesung hisses through his fit of giggles at the wet mouth on his neck, trying to shove the other off to no avail.

“Do you love me then? Do you love me more than anything?” Kyuhyun chuckles, holding the other still by holding firmly onto his hips.

Yes,” The smaller breathes exasperatedly, pushing the brunette’s face away from his neck. “I love you.”

“Do you truly, really, absolutely love me?” Kyuhyun grins cheekily.

“If I didn’t, why did I marry you and have a kid with you.” Yesung sighs, finally giving up in struggling against the other and just lays on the couch limply, staring up at Kyuhyun with a pout.

“…true.” Kyuhyun admits, leaning back down again to press soft kisses to his lover’s lips, reaching up with one hand to gently brush the dark fringes away from Yesung’s eyes.

Yesung laughs lightly, cupping Kyuhyun’s face lovingly in his hands as he leans up to deepen the feathery kisses before pulling back away after a minute. “Come on, let’s head to bed too.”

“So we could do some naughty stuff?” Kyuhyun grins slyly, earning a pinch on the cheek from the smaller.

“You know we can’t, not with Hana here.” The raven says softly, before pressing an apologetic kiss to the brunette’s cheek.

“Sleep is for the weak then.” Kyuhyun grumbles grumpily, sitting back away from Yesung to allow the other out from beneath him.

“I’m going to punch you if you don’t come to bed.” Yesung says, reaching out to ruffle the brunette’s messy curls lightly. “You’ve been staying up every night to game this past week, and then wake up exhausted for work the next morning. You need to sleep early today. The last I need is a panda as a husband.”

“But Pandas are very adorable and cuddly,” The brunette chuckles, standing up and surprising the smaller by scooping him up bridal style. “Just like you,” he coos.

“Hey, is that a fat joke?” Yesung frowns as Kyuhyun carries him to their bedroom, gently setting the raven down onto their bed.

Kyuhyun just laughs as he crawls into bed next to the other and immediately pulls the raven in to his arms after throwing the covers over the both of them, pressing his lips lightly to the crown of his head. Yesung smiles and wraps his arms around the taller’s neck, and tangles their legs together as he buries his face into the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck.

“Good night,” he murmurs softly, pressing a light kiss to his neck.

“Mmh, night love.” Kyuhyun whispers as he tugs the other closer and finally closes his eyes, falling almost immediately asleep.

Yesung lays there for a moment, listening to the others deep breaths that slowly turn into soft snores that fills the silence of their room, feeling each rise and fall of the others chest against his own. He finally closes his eyes after a moment too, lulled by the warmth of Kyuhyun’s body and the light snores.

However, not a minute later, he heard a soft creak of the door, followed by a quiet sniffle as the light from the hallway streamed in, illuminating the dark room.

He frowns and untangles himself from Kyuhyun, sitting up gently. He looks over to see a familiar head of long, wavy brown hair and large, almond eyes staring up at him from the doorway.

“Hana?” he asks curiously. “What’s wrong, honey?” Yesung carefully pulls the blankets off from around him as he tries to clamber over the lanky body beside him.

“Bad dream, momma.” The small girl cried, tiny hands clenching around the door frame from where she was hiding, ashamed to wake her mother up so late at night.

“Aw, I’ll be right there with you, honey. Go to your room and turn on the lamp, Ok? That’ll keep the bad things away.” Yesung smiles, still trying to maneuver his way around the stubborn Kyuhyun that was dead to the world.

The small, 4 years old child nods eagerly and sprints off to her room quickly, immediately comforted knowing that her mother will be there soon.
Yesung finally manages to get off the bed after clambering over his husband with much difficulty, and shuffles his way into his daughter’s room where she lay curled up under her blankets, hiding.

“What was your bad dream, Hana? Was it scary?” Yesung asks softly as he takes a seat by the edge of the bed and gently peels back the bright blue blanket.

The small child pouts and nods vigorously as she clutches tighter onto her large, stuffed banana that Kyuhyun had given to her on her second birthday, followed by an actual batch of bananas in which Yesung gave the other a weird look for, the brunette retorting back that it was a great source of potassium.

“Do you wanna tell mommy about it?” The raven asks, gently running his hand through the long, caramel waves in comfort. Hana had inherited the wavy brown hair from Kyuhyun, along with his stubborn and sassy personality. But luckily, she also had Yesung’s kind eyes and sweet and caring personality that Kyuhyun had thanked god for, not knowing how to take care of his own mini-me if she had taken completely after him.

“Big, ugly monster.” She says quietly, sitting up a little and clambers onto her mother’s lap, still holding tightly onto her stuffed Banana. “It was chasing me, and daddy and mommy wasn’t there to save me.”

“Oh you poor thing,” Yesung coos, adjusting his daughter in his arms as he presses a light kiss to her cheek. “It’s gone now baby, don’t worry. Do you want me to tell you a story? To help you sleep?”

A smile immediately splits the Childs face as she nods eagerly, making herself comfortable on her mother’s lap.

“Well Hana, let’s start with Once upon a time….”


Kyuhyun wakes up to darkness, frowning a little at the unknown factor of what caused him to wake up.
However, as he turns onto his side, he realizes why; Yesung wasn’t in bed with him. He never does sleep well without Yesung in his arms. He sits up, a little confused as his frown deepens, reaching up to run his long fingers through his unruly curls.

He sits there dazed for a moment, trying to think of where Yesung could possibly be, since he could see that their room bathroom’s light was off and unoccupied. He sighs after a few minutes, and slides the covers off of him as he gets up to investigate.

Along his way out of the dark room however, he managed to bump into their dresser quite roughly and stub his pinky toe, causing him to crumple onto the floor and curl up in pain childishly as he clutches onto his foot. After he regained himself from that situation, he makes his way out the door, only to run into the doorframe and stub his other toe, crumpling onto the ground once again to clutch at his throbbing foot.

He manages to drag himself up once again like a man he is, and makes his way around the house, starting first with the kitchen to see if Yesung had gotten up to get some water. Unfortunately, the kitchen was pitch black so he retreats back into the hall, only to see a little light streaming out from underneath Hana’s door.

He tip-toes his way over to the room, and leans his ear against the door, trying to listen in to what’s happening.

“…his name is Siwon.”

Kyuhyun pulls back with another frown, having frowned too much tonight already.
Why is Yesung talking about some other guy in front of their daughter?
He leans forward again and presses tighter to the door.

…..he’s strong and handsome, with great muscles and an amazingly lean body and a lustrous mane as dark as the night sky.

Kyuhyun’s expression twists a little at the words, jealousy burning deep within him as he crosses his arms grumpily, still trying to listen in.

Is he even stronger than daddy?”
Kyuhyun heard his daughter ask eagerly, causing his frown to deepen furthermore. Now his daughter’s getting into this too?!

Oh honey, he’s much stronger than daddy.” He hears Yesung say. “And do you know what Siwon does? When you’re having a bad dream, he’ll come running into your nightmares and chase away those ugly and mean monsters who dare bully my little Hana.”

Kyuhyun quickly runs back to his room after hearing that, having heard enough and greatly discouraged as he throws himself onto the bed angrily and throws the covers over his head to sulk.
Surely he could sleep this off and mark it as a nightmare.
Yesung loves him and will always love him. He’s sure of that.
And Yesung had confirmed it not even an hour ago.
So this certainly must be a nightmare.

He hears their room door open a few minutes later, assuming that their daughter was now asleep as light footsteps started making its way back to the bed. He feels the bed dip a little under a light weight, followed by a small body press against his for warmth since Kyuhyun was currently hogging the entire blanket to hide under.

Kyuhyun turns sharply in bed as he throws the covers off, startling the raven greatly, thinking that the brunette had been asleep the whole time.

“Jesus Christ, Cho!” Yesung cries out in shock, taking to use the brunette’s last name whenever he is displeased.

“What were you doing.” Kyuhyun demands, a glare evident in his eyes, even in the dark.

Yesung sighs a little, and reaches down to pull up the thrown covers, gently tucking him and Kyuhyun in snuggly. “Our daughter had a nightmare, so I went to give her a bed time story to help her sleep.” He explains, reaching up to caress Kyuhyun’s cheek lightly. “What’s with you, grumpy pants?” he says, imitating the pout the taller was currently giving him.

“Nothing.” Kyuhyun says sharply, before turning around roughly so his back was towards the smaller.

“You’re such a bad liar,” he hears Yesung laugh lightly.
There was small movement from beside him and then a warm body drapes over his side.

“Come on, Kyuhyun-ah. Tell me what’s wrong.” Yesung urges, having had sat up and laid the upper half of his body over Kyuhyun’s.  “I know you can’t sleep whenever you’re mad,” He says, pressing a soft kiss near Kyuhyun’s eye.

The brunette has an internal debate for a moment, unknown if he should tell Yesung or not that he was eavesdropping into their little “story time.” His hand clenches tightly onto the covers as he finally turns onto his back again, Yesung moving back to allow the movement before propping himself up sideways on his elbow.

“Who’s….Who’s Siwon?” Kyuhyun asks hesitantly, all his anger having seeped out now, replaced with curiosity and wariness as he faced his lover.

“Oh, you heard my story?” Yesung frowns, not knowing that Kyuhyun was literally behind him the whole time.

“Answer me.” The brunette urges.

“He’s just a character I made up to comfort Hana. You know how much she loves fantasy stories.” Yesung sighs, curious as to why the younger wanted to know about the character.

“Is he really stronger than I? Much more handsome and amazing than I?”

Yesung’s expression turns odd as he stares down at the brunette. “Kyuhyun, what are you on about? I guess he is? I mean, Siwon is a character I made up.”

“Is he your dream man then? Is he the ideal husband you’ve always wanted?  Someone who is stronger than I to protect your family?” Kyuhyun asks. “Do you like someone with more muscles and a handsome physique? Some guy who can chase away all the bad things?”

“Cho, what the hell are you talking about?” Yesung snaps, brows furrowing together as he reaches up to touch the brunette’s cheek lightly. “Siwon’s a horse.”

The taller’s expression falters for a moment as he lets the information sink in.

“Why the would I want to marry a horse?!”The raven says with a roll of his eyes. “Honey, did you even listen to the entire story?” Yesung sighs exasperatedly, before laughing a little, finding it slightly amusing. “Because Hana’s been having nightmares, I created a ‘dream-mare’ to comfort her.”

“O-Oh,” Kyuhyun managed to stammer, staring up at Yesung stunned as he blushed a dark red.

Yesung sighs again after a minute of silence, knowing the brunette was probably too embarrassed to say another word now.

“Kyuhyun, you know I love you and only you. I would never dare to think of another, let alone dream about one.” Yesung whispers, leaning down to press chaste kisses to the other’s lips. “Stop being so insecure, alright? You’re all I want, and all I can ask for. You’re amazing to me. I mean, you do have your moments, but you’re still the man I fell in love with and promised my life to forever.”

A small smile makes its way across Kyuhyun’s face as he reaches up and gently pulls Yesung close again, feeling the little bit of insecurity start to leave him. “I’m sorry,” he apologizes.

“Oh, and I am greatly offended that you think I have little to no loyalty to you.” The raven says with a shake of his head and a pout, in which Kyuhyun tried to kiss away with another string of genuine apologies.

They spend several minutes together just cuddling, Kyuhyun trying to show his sincere apology to the raven in which Yesung begrudgingly accepted after awhile.

Kyuhyun knows that he lets his lack of self-confidence and insecurity always get in the way of their love, but even despite knowing that, he still somehow lets it happen by accident. However, Yesung was always there to reassure and comfort him whenever he’s left in a state of trouble.

And maybe that’s what made their love so strong .
They were always there to support each other no matter what. 

 

 

 


A/N: Heyyy, sorry for not udpating for so long guys! Anwyays, I literally just finished this and posted it up, so it has not been read through or edited.
But I still hope you'll enoy it!
Hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving~!

 Please leave comments! ♥ Upvotes would be greatly appreciated too!