Chapter Eleven

멈춰 있던 나를 깨워줘 | Waking up would stop me

This time, it was a dark cave. No, it wasn't just dark, there were speckles of light floating around the cave. And the deeper I walked into the cave, the bright and bigger they got.

I could hear the echoes of water falling and hitting a small puddle on the ground. The cave was warm, and it smelt like fresh rain.

"Hello?" I called out, staring out towards the seemingly never ending darkness. Taking another step forward, I felt something slither up my leg; something cold and smooth. It made its way around my body resting on my shoulder and coming out in front of my face to stare me in the eyes.

They were beautiful. The snake's eyes. It was a muddy brown that reflected the speckles of light brilliantly. It was staring at me, as it's bottom half wrapped around my neck comfortably.

 

 

Hye Jin woke up to Sunggyu's voice. He was gently shaking her awake, calling out her name in almost a whisper. As her eyes fluttered opened, she noticed it was fairly bright outside.

She looked around to take in her surroundings; Sunggyu was dressed for his college classes and he was holding up his sister's uniform.

"Hye Jin-ah, it time for you to get showered and changed for school," Sunggyu smiled, hanging her uniform up against a hook that hung from her door, "I'll drive you to school and you'll meet up with Hoya and Dongwoo there, okay?"

Hye jin simply nodded and headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush her teeth. Clad in only a towel, she carefully snuck back into her room to change into the new school uniform; being sure to wear black undergarments and a black tanktop under her blouse. She buttoned the second to last button on her blouse and reached for her bag, which uncomfortably tugged her arm down.

Hye Jin sighed and placed her bag over her shoulder, carefully walking out of her room and down the stairs with her pad paper and a pen.

"Are you almost ready?" Sunggyu looked up from his seat on the couch. He was relaxing on the back of the furniture as he smiled at his beautiful younger sister. This time her hair was down, as opposed to the messy bun she had when he first met her, "There's some breakfast in the kitchen if you're hungry."

Hye Jin shook her head with a smile. She was took excited to start her first day of school to care about breakfast now. Sunggyu chuckled and got up to walk into the kitchen, picking up the small breakfast sandwich and handing it to her in a napkin, "You eat. It's bad to skip breakfast, Hye Jin-ah."

Hye Jin pouted, but nodded and took the food anyway, taking small bites as she was lead out into Sunggyu's car. "Today will be the only day I can take you for a while, Hye Jin-ah," Sunggyu sighed, "I'll try to drop you off more often, but you should familiarize yourself with the area, alright? You can ask Dongwoo or Hoya to take you around."

With the pad of paper Hye Jin nodded and smiled as she watched the scenery pass by. Before she could realize it, Sunggyu had parked the car in front of the school, and the girl stared in awe.

"Enjoy your day, Hye Jin-ah," Sunggyu smiled, "Oh! And don't forget to look for the office to gather your schedule and locker information."

Hye Jin nodded, finishing her breakfast sandwich before she stumbled out the car. She looked around the big building of her new school, trying to count the windows she could see before walking into the front entrance. Fortunately to the right of her was the front office. She walked in with her pad of paper, already scribbling down her introduction to the office worker at the counter.

'Hello, ma'am. My name is Kim Hye Jin. I'm the new student.' Hye Jin smiled as she held the pad up. Her smile didn't falter when the office worker sneered and gave her a look, something she was almost so used to by now.

"Kim Hye Jin?" The office worker repeated as she watched Hye Jin nod. The sound of her nails hitting the key of her computer echoed through the room, and she listened as students began piling into the building waiting for their first bell to ring, "Ah! Yes, you are a new student."

Suddenly a smile replaced the woman's scowl as she rolled away to another desk in her chair and picked up a small stack of papers, rolling back, and handing them to Hye Jin, "Your class schedule is the top page. The second page you have is your locker information with instructions on how to open them. The other pages are just basic packets and booklets about the school, the way it runs, as well as what kind of extracurricular activities and clubs there are. I also have a map printed out for you, but if you need help finding you classes just ask any of the teachers, alright? If you have any questions or concerns about your locker or classes, you should see your counselor about it, alright sweetheart?"

Hye Jin nodded, slowly processing the information as she bowed to dismiss herself and walked out of the office, stuffing the booklets and packets into her bag. She kept her class schedule and locker slip out as she searched for her first class, Trigonometry.

As she finished walking up the stair case, Hye Jin turned into a seemingly empty hallway; it was occasionally decorated with small groups or pairs of students quietly minding their own business.

She stopped at another corner turn as she stared down to a black haired boy, who held his knees to his chest. She knelt down in front of him and gently poked his shoulder.

No response. She poked him again.

He looked up, and Hye Jin's eyes widen as she stared in those same muddy brown eyes. Though they were much more beautiful in perfect light, and in person.

 

 

엔드 | Waking up would stop me