Chapter Thirteen

멈춰 있던 나를 깨워줘 | Waking up would stop me

Hye Jin and Myungsoo observed the small birthday celebration the class put together for their classmate Sungyeol from their seats in the classroom. Hye Jin kept a content smile as she watched Sungyeol make strange faces before his face got smashed into the cake; she giggled as she watched Sungyeol scoop up some cake with his hands, throwing it at everyone surrounding him.

"Do you want to go out today?" Myungsoo offered. He was sitting a small distance away, and had his hands in his pocket. After his outburst a few days ago he had made sure to stay a distance. He didn't want to hurt Hye Jin, and he was afraid he was close to if he were to have another sudden outburst.

'Where would we go?' Hye Jin pushed her pad of paper towards Myungsoo so he could see her neat handwriting. He bit his bottom lip and let his head fall back and rest on his shoulder before he spoke up again.

"How about we go watch a movie?" Myungsoo suggested, "You were telling me about how you wanted to watch that one movie, right?"

'I don't think I have enough for a movie yet,' Hye Jin pouted, 'Maybe next time, Myungsoo. How about we just eat out for tonight?'

"I have more than enough money for two tickets," The haired teen offered, "And if you won't take my money, I can help pay for your ticket."

Hye Jin reluctantly took his second offer, and waited for the bell to ring; because their teacher had been absent, a substitute had came in and had managed to misplace their work. The whole class was off doing whatever it is they wanted, and Hye Jin and Myungsoo calmly watched from the sideline. At the sound of the bell, Myungsoo stood first, waiting for Hye Jin to slowly pack up her belongings before they left for the theater.

 

 

Hye Jin smiled as Myungsoo linked their arms together, leading her through the dark theater to their seats. She was glad Myungsoo was kind enough to take her out. The only thing was, why?

She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at her bag, where he pad of paper and pen would be. Even if she wrote her question down, Myungsoo wouldn't be able to read it in the dark. Hye Jin would have to wait til after the movie to ask Myungsoo, but she didn't have the patience for that. Not even if their movie was almost done.

Hye Jin pouted as she watched the screen, twitching whenever she saw someone get shot or stabbed. She didn't know why, since the violence made her feel uneasy, but action comedies were her favorite kind of movies. She giggled at a joke while Myungsoo boredly stared at the screen.

She pouted again, 'Why would he force himself to watch a movie he doesn't like, with me?'

As the credits began rolling Myungsoo was the first to stand, stretching and yawning. He motioned her to follow as he picked up his and her school bags. Walking out into the theater's maze of a hallway, Myungsoo smiled, "Did you enjoy it?"

Hye Jin reached into her bag, taking out the pad of paper and pen, 'Myungsoo, why would you force yourself to watch a movie you didn't like? We could have watched something else.'

Myungsoo shrugged, "It's not that I hated the movie... but it was fun to see you happy."

'For me?' Hye Jin gave him a confused look as she followed him out of the theater.

"Yes," Myungsoo nodded as he walked her home, "For you."

 

 

It was strange. I was in an unfamiliar part of town, aimlessly walking around the dark streets. A chill ran down my spine, and I decided to walk towards the nearest building; a worn, and possibly abandoned, house with windows that were either cracked or completely gone. 

I opened the front door, and a distant sound caught my attention. Quietly walking up the staircase, the grunting sounds got louder and soon I was walking down a strange hallway. The only door in the hallway was a lone red door, which had a light that spilled from the bottom of the door. The grunting noises were louder, and it almost sounded like someone was arguing and... killing someone.

My heart beating I walked up to the door, holding an ear against it as I listened closely. My heart stopped when I recognized that voice, and I pushed the door open to reveal a bloodied and beat up Myungsoo with his eyes tightly shut as he continued to stab himself in the gut.

"Stop it! Leave me alone!" Myungsoo cried out, ignoring Hye Jin's desperate cries to stop, "They're inside me! They'll kill me!"

 

 

엔드 | Waking up would stop me