A date ruined...not.

Still In Love With You

April 11, 2009

Jo Kwon's POV

 

Driving along the busy streets of Seoul, I drive to Gain noona's favorite flower shop and bought a bouquet of flowers. Gain noona loves flowers so much and she smiles so beautifully every time she sees them that's why I try to give her flowers always so I can make her smile. I love seeing her smile. When she does, her eyes disappears and turns into just a couple of lines. It's very irresistible, it feels like it has its own spell; a spell that will really capture your eyes and heart. Oh how I love making her happy. I admit, I am in love with her. My heart shouts her name but I don't think she is ready to take our relationship to the next level. She told me before that she loves me but I think there is still something that is holding her back. I keep doing events to ask her to be my girlfriend but I feel like she's avoiding it. 

 

----------FLASHBACK----------

April 10, 2009

 

"NOONA!" I shout from the car which is in front of Gain noona's house, honking it a few times. "Aish girls. What took her so long?" I mumble to myself. After a couple more minutes of waiting, she finally comes out from the house grinning widely at me. "Wow" I whisper in amazement. She looks really gorgeous even with that simple outfit, a simple tees and a hot pants. Wait hold on, did I say hot pants? Oh yeah I did. Why did she wear that? It's freaking cold!!! 

"Kwon-ah!" she greets me cheerfully. "Sorry I let you wait for long." I look at her and her pants, I pout my lips. "Mianhe. Ya don't get mad. I wont let you wait for so long again." 

"Why did you wear that?" 

"Wear what?" she looks down at her pants. "Ah this? Why?"

"Noona it's too short and it's cold outside? Do you want to get cold?"

"Should I change again?" she pouts a bit. ARGH! Why does she always makes cute faces when I'm a little angry like this? I just shake my head and starts driving. 

Silence occupies us both while I drive. She looks at her phone occassionally, then looks outside. I sigh. I feel guilty. It's too shallow for a reason to get angry. I look at her when the traffic light goes red then holds her hand.

"Mianhe noona." she stays quiet while looking away. "I just don't like you to catch a cold." I squeeze her hand then she looks at me, nodding her head a couple of times.

"Arasseo. I'll think more of what to wear next time." she smiles. Whew!  "Where are we going anyway?" 

"To a place that will entertain your eyes." I giggle and she nods her head to answer me.

We start talking random things again, just like what we always do. I then she gets mad at me. She tease me and I get mad, things like that and believe me, it makes me feel happy with this. After an hour of driving, we finally arrive at a park. We get out of the car and walks to a bench near a fountain, taking a seat on it.

"What are we doing here?" she asks while looking around the place. I look at my wrist watch and taps my foot impatiently.

"It's about time." I mumble then flashes a smile at her.

"Time for wh--" her words are cut when the fireworks show finally starts. All the bright colors are sparkling at the sky. It was indeed beautiful. I look at Gain noona and I can see her eyes sparkles as well in happines, she is clearly enjoying the fireworks. "Woah Kwon-ah! This is beautiful" I hear her say. I nod, agreeing to her and slowly sneak my hand to the side and hold her hand. She usually takes back her hand but this time, she surprisingly holds back my hand. Maybe she is to thankful that I brought her here that's why she is saying thank you by holding back my hand. 

"Noona." I face her, looking deeply at her.

"Hmm?" she looks back at me. This is it. This is the right time to ask her to be mine!

"I.. uh.." I clear my throat and caresses her hand softly. "We've been friends for years now and we already confessed to each other. I.." I take a deep breath before continuing my words. She suddenly gulps and her her looks rather a bit panicked.  "....I am thinking that maybe it's time we ta---" 

"Oh shoot it's late!" she cut my words. 

"Eh? Noona! I'm trying to say something!" I whine.

"Kwon-ah! I still have class tomorrow! Let's talk about that next time!" then she runs back to the car. I am left hanging and a little upset.

 

----------END OF FLASHBACK----------

 

I arrive at her school with the flowers on my hand. I am determined to be her man, I wont stop. Today, I am going to ask her to be my girlfriend. I can't wait any longer. I lift my head and there, I see her. The girl that makes my heart race, the only girl I want to be with. Son Gain.

"Noona!" I call her attention. As usual, she looks really gorgeous. Her hair is short but it still looks good on her, it rather gives her an edgy look. She smiles while walking towards me and then again I melt seeing her captivating eyes. She cheerfully greet me and also Narsha noona, who is behind Gain noona, greets me. I politely greet them back and gives the flower to Gain noona.

"How about me?" Narsha noona complains. Oops, I totally forgot her.  We're close as well since she is Gain noona's bestfriend and we often hangout together. I love teasing her and make her jealous of what me and Gain noona has. Hehehe. Well she looks cute. I just laugh and stick out my tongue to her. "Fine! I get it." she whines again. I promised her that I'll bring her flowers next time and then she tells me that she wont let Gain noona go out with me if I wont bring her flowers. When she talks about going out, I suddenly remember my real intention why i'm here. 

"Yes noona and speaking of going out," I face Gain noona and hold her hand. "Can we go out? I have to show you something." I ask her. She says yes then we both look at Narsha noona. 

After Narsha noona allows us to go, we immediately gets inside the car and drives away. I want to bring her to the beach where we can watch the sunset. I heard it's beautiful and it's romantic to watch it together that's why I am planning to watch it with her and then ask her to be officially mine. I look at Gain noona, she looks tired or maybe she is thinking something since she is staying quiet. I want to talk to her but I can't also start a topic since I'm all nervous on my plan later. I slow down when we reach the beach then pull over to the side. I look at Gain noona again, she looks nervous. Why? Does she know? Will she reject me again. OMG I hope not.

"We're here!" I excitedly tell her.

"B..Beach?"

"Mhm! I want us to watch the sunset. They said that the sunset here is really good." I tell her. I get out from the car and open the door for her. She says thank you and wanders her eyes around the place. I can see her eyes beaming with joy. She likes it. Yes! I hope the beauty of sunset will help me get her. I hold her hand but she suddenly runs to the sand. Hehe like a kid. So cute.

"Ya! Kwon-ah!" she calls. "Come here!"

"Shireo! You left me here!"

"Ppaliwa!" she calls me again. I start walking towards her. I slide my hand inside the pocket to make sure that the promise ring is there. 

"Oh no." I mumble. The ring is not there. I slightly panicked and check the other pocket. Sh*t! It's really not there. When Gain noona turns her back, I quickly run back to the car and look for it. I might drop it in the car. I almost curse and bang my head on the steering wheel when I can't find it. It took me a little while to realize that I put it on the pocket of my shirt. Hehe Pabo. 

I sigh in relief and walk back to the beach. I can see Gain noona talking to a man. I walk slowly try to study the man's face. Do I know him? Does Gain noona knows him? They guy suddenly stands up and walks closer to Gain noona. Damn he's fcking tall! He then grabs Gain noona! Bastard! I walk faster, closer to them. I'm about to call out her attention but I freeze in my spot when I see the guy kissing Gain noona!

Me --> O.O

SHT! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!

"NOONA!" I call their attention and run to their direction. "Who the are you to kiss her? How dare you do that?" okay I have no right to question who kisses her since I am not her boyfriend but ! I know her friends and I can't remember this guy so I am guessing that he is a stranger. I pull Gain noona away from him. 

"You should be thankful to me. I saved you from girls."

"What?"

"Girls are all like that. They flirt with every man they meet they leaves when they are done. I am showing you that all of then are the same and you should beware of them because you‘ll just hurt yourself.WTF! did he just called Gain noona a flirt? I can't take this anymore. I am about to throw a punch to him but Gain noona holds me and tells me not to. I sigh in response. 

I am very much upset today. First, the mood is ruined. Second, a stranger kissed Gain noona. Man, I haven't even kissed her. I mean, we're in a mutual understanding level but I haven't even tried to kiss her. I slowly walk back to the car. I am defeated not by the stranger but by my own feelings. I keep my head low, thinking about what happened and what I didn't realize is I left Gain noona behind. I am about to look at her when I suddenly feel a pair of arms wrapping around my waist. It's her. My heart suddenly beats fast. 

"Mianhe Kwon-ah" her voice is a bit shaking, like crying. Wait she's crying? I immediately turn around to face her and I see her eyes, swollen and filled with tears. OMG! Why is she crying? 

"Noona." I cup her face and wipe her tears with my thumb. I can't bear watching her cry. She's too precious to me. "Shh noona. Stop crying. It's not your fault." I tell her softly. She just look at me and still crying. "Please noona. I didn't bring you here to cry. I brought you here for another plan but yeah, that guy ruined it." I try to smile at her. Her tears can't stop falling from her eyes.

"What plan?" she gaze down the sand. I don't know why but I suddenly gain a courage to ask her the question that I've been dying to ask her. 

"Noona..." I lift her head up a bit, only to make her face me. I place a soft peck on her forehead then to her nose before staring deeply into her eyes. "...I brought you here for another plan and unfortunately that bastard ruined the mood. I nearly gave up but then I realized, I want to be the guy that protects you always. The guy that can confidently say 'Don't touch her! She's mine!' I want to be the guy that will always stand by your side."

"Kwon-ah. What are you saying?" She mumbles softly.

"Noona.." I gulp. I am freaking nervous but this is it! I can do this. "...will you be my girl?" Assa! At last I said it! Claps for Jo Kwon please! Her expression is a bit shock but after a few seconds, she finally smile sweetly at me.

"OMG Kwon-ah." she cries hard while nodding her head. "Yes! Yes! I will be your girl!" she says while wiping her cheeks. 

Finally! She's mine! The mini Jo Kwon in my head is jumping in joy or even doing a backflips because man, I can never ben happier than this! I even suddenly forgot what happened a while ago. I hug her really tight for a few seconds. Maybe what happened today helps us to finally realize that we belong to each other, that we need to be there for each other. Maybe what happened is  not so bad after all.

I pull back and cup her face again, staring at her for a few seconds before closing my eyes and kisses her lips softly then rest my forehead against hers. "I love you noona and I'll always do." I whisper to her. I can see her smile, her smile that says she's happy that we're finally together.

Our attention suddenly shift to the sky, the beautiful sunset. Tho something bad has happened a while ago, I am still thankful for this day. For today, I finally call her mine. I can finally say that "Son Gain is mine."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

a/n: sorry for 2 things. I got caught up with life so the update was slow AND not so happy with this chapter but I hope you guys love the little cheesy Adam couple. ^^