Kissing A Stranger

Still In Love With You

April 11, 2009

Gain's POV

 

"Noona!" A very familiar voice coming from across the road suddenly catches my attention. I turn my head to the direction and smile as I see Jo Kwon waving his hand to me while the other hand holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Kwon-ah!" I call him and wave my hand as well. I quickly jog towards him while Narsha unnie is doing the same thing behind me.

"Noona annyeong! Narsha noona annyeong!" he greets us cheerfully then hands me the flowers.

"Oh for me. Thank you Jo Kwon."

"How about me?" Narsha unnie complained, pouting her lips like a kid. I laugh and sticks out my tongue at her to . "Fine! I get it!" 

"Sorry noona, I didn't know I'll see you today. Next time, I'll buy flowers for you too." says Jo Kwon.

"You have to or else I wont let Gain go out with you again!" I chuckle at them. They are always like that. They have been close to since they are both my best buddies. We often hang out together but sometimes, me and Jo Kwon goes out without Narsha unnie.

"Yes noona and speaking of going out," he faces me and holds my hand. "Can we go out? I have to show you something." 

"Sure." I simply answer. We both look at Narsha unnie like we are asking for a permission to go out.

"Alright. I'll go ahead. You lovebirds go wherever you want but Kwon-ah, make sure you return my Gain okay?" 

"Of course noona!"

Narsha unnie then starts walking away while me and Jo Kwon starts to drive off away from the place. As we are on the road, we both stay silent. We often makes lots of noises, laughing and arguing even in the smallest thing but this time, we prefer quiet. I am too tired to talk and I guess he doesn't want to disturb me so he just stay quiet.  After an hour of driving, my eyes widen as I see the beach. Oh how beautiful does it look! Calm sea, beautiful weather, and sunset is about to happen. Wait! Sunset? OMG! Is this the sign? Okay I don‘t want to assume but I am surely excited! I internally scream while thinking that this might be the sign. Yes okay fine I'm obsessed with the sign. If Jo Kwon will pull over to the side and ask me to go to the sand to watch the sunset, I will really think that Jo Kwon is the guy in my dream, the guy that is perfect for me. 

He suddenly slows the car down. 

OMG!

He pulls over to the side.

My heartbeat --> Dugdug... dugdug... dugdug...

"We're here!" He exclaims excitedly.

"B..beach? We're going to the beach?"

"Mhm!" he nods. "I want us to watch the sunset. They said that the sunset here is really good." I blink. Did I hear it right? Sunset? Shoot! I can't believe that this is happening. This is it Son Gain! The sign is actually happening!! I'm not assuming but I can really feel that this is it. He pulls over to the side and opens the door for me. I utter thank you then wander my eyes on the beautiful beach. He holds my hand and pulls me to walk on the sand. I stop for a while to remove my shoes and as soon as I feel the sand on my feet I immediately run to enjoy the beach, leaving Jo Kwon behind.

"Ya! Kwon-ah!" I shout. "Come here!"

"Shireo! You left me here!" He whines. Hehehe. He looks cute.

"Ppaliwa!" I giggle. He pouts and starts walking towards me. I need to look calm and pretend that I am not that excited. I turn around to face the sea and spreads my arms while closing my eyes to feel the breeze on my skin. For a second, I feel like I'm in a paradise with only me and the most important guy in my life, Jo Kwon. I feel happy with us like this, I feel like I'm complete with him around. I can't help but smile softly; my feeling is being too obvious. Just one more push and I'll really tell him my feelings. 

As I try to have my own world, I suddenly hear a scream of a man's voice. Was it Jo Kwon? No! It was too manly to be Kwonnie‘s voice. I open my eyes to look for the owner of that voice and notice a guy sitting on the sand a few steps away from me with empty bottles of beer around him. He is holding another bottle while his head is down. Is he crying? I stare more, he really is crying. I take a few steps and I don't know why I am doing this but I continue and I can hear his voice crying. He looks devastated. I am not the type of person who minds another person's business but I'm worried.

"Eunhye...come back to me."  Eunhye? I can hear him whisper with his voice cracking. Maybe it's his girlfriend and maybe he is crying because they broke up. My heart suddenly feels likes it's been ripped. The guy in front of me is a stranger but I can feel his pain. This is wrong. I shouldn‘t be minding him. I should let him have this time all by himself. I took a step back.. "! Go away!" he suddenly shouts. I want to run away but it's too late he already saw me.

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't mean t--" I cut off my words because he suddenly looks at me and gives me the scariest glare I have ever seen. He looks like a hungry predator who is ready to attack his prey but even if he looks scary, I must admit that he looks really handsome and he is tall. No wait! Why am I praising him? He is now about to attack me. He suddenly stands up without changing his expression then walks close to me. Sh*t Gain, find a reason to walk away. Do something! Run! Crawl! Hop! Ugh! I cant move! He grabs my arm really tight and yes, it hurts.

"Let go of me! It hurts!" I beg. As if he hears nothing, he moves even closer to me. He slightly bends to meet my height. I can smell his strong alcohol breath. This guy is totally drunk. I look around to find Jo Kwon but he is nowhere to be found. Damn! Where is he? I helplessly close my eyes and wait for him to hit me or something but instead of feeling his punch on me, I suddenly feel his lips placing softly on mine. He is kissing me! I want to push him away, I need to push him but I can't; rather, I feel something strange something that I shouldn‘t be feeling right now and I don't know what is it. I am shock and I freeze on my spot. His grip is slowly loosening its hold on me, as if he is the most gentle man in the world. We stay like that for a few seconds. I am not liking it but I don't hate it as well. 

"Noona!" Jo Kwon suddenly calls. ! He can't see me like this. I try pushing this guy away but he wraps his arm around my waist and I can feel his lips forming a smirk. What the hell! Is he trying to make Jo Kwon mad? Jo Kwon runs to us and pulls me away from the man and gives him hard punch on his face. Uh'oh! I smell trouble. "Who the are you to kiss her? How dare you do that?" Jo Kwon is mad, really mad. The guy just wipes his lips and smirks.

"You should be thankful to me. I saved you from girls."

"What?"

"Girls are all like that. They flirt with every man they meet they leaves when they are done. I am showing you that all of then are the same and you should beware of them because you‘ll just urt yourself." Wait what? Did he just say flirt?? I didn't flirt with him! He kissed me suddenly! 

Jo Kwon is about to throw another punch but I stop him. I don't want more trouble, I don't want Jo Kwon to get hurt. "Let's go." I beg Jo Kwon. The guy picks up his unfinished bottle and gives me a look before walking away from us then stops halfway.

"By the way, your lips are soft. It was a good kiss." says the guy without even looking at us. He chuckles and continues his step away from us. OMG he is unbelievable! He is really making Jo Kwon mad. I hug Jo Kwon to stop him from attacking the guy again then I shake my head.

"He's drunk. Just let him go." I whisper. Jo Kwon sighs and looks away. I feel bad that he was able to see that drunk guy kiss me. Why did he even do that anyway?! I am shock from what just happened; the kissing, punching, the stranger's insulting words.

I look at the guy again. I should be mad but I can't. Maybe I'm too shocked of what happened or I really am not mad about the kiss? I'm confuse about my own feelings. I remember the guy's face, he looks crushed. While he was glaring at me a while ago, I looked into his eyes and my heart melted. He looked really angry but his eyes were sad, very sad. He was too hurt about that girl. Eunhye, whoever are you, you should comeback to him. You make his life miserable and from what I see, he loves you a lot.....