The Sign

Still In Love With You

April 11, 2009

Gain's POV

The sun is shining bright,  the sound of the waves and the birds chirping feel like a melody to my ear, the sand on my feet relaxes me, and the breezes softly soothes my skin. Indeed, it is a perfect day. Facing the sea, I look up and smile as I watch the sun slowly setting down, making the scenery even more beautiful then I look to my left and notice a guy standing not too far away from where I am standing, his back facing on me. I stare at him and immediately fall in love on how perfect he looks; his model-like height, his black messy hair, his perfect shape and toned arms that looks y in his black tank top, his hands are slid inside the pocket of his beachshorts and if I may base from what i see now, I can definitely say that he has a great face. Like having it's own brain, my feet suddenly make steps and in a blink of an eye, my hands are already wrapped on his waist and my head leaning on his perfectly sculpted back.

"I can't believe I found you." I whisper.

"I'm just always here. All you need is to look around." I lace my own fingers as I hug him tight and gives him a nod in response.

"C..can we..." alright I am stuttering.I want to tell him how much I want him to stay with me but the words aren't coming out and before I can even open my mouth, he places his hand over mine.

"Can we stay like this forever?" he asks. Shoot! Did he read my mind? I just nod my head to answer him."But first,.." he continues. "...you need to wake up from you fantasy and focus in my class." I look up and quickly unwraps my arms around me as I see him transforming into someone older. Wait he looks very familiar! He looks like my......professor??

"Mr. Chen?" I gasp and open my eyes. It was a dream. I sit straight and fix my hair while looking around awrkwardly, yes, everyone's attention is on me. I just smlie and look at the man on his late 40's standing in front of me while giving me a glare.

"Ms. Son, if you keep sleeping in my class, you are very much welcome to just go out and take your beautiful nap at home."

"I'm sorry. It wont happen again." I smile again, hoping it will work on him.

"You're unbelievable." he says as he shakes his head before walking back in the front to continue on his discussion. I chuckle at how I always get away whenever I use my eyesmiles. I am not that pretty with a barbie doll face but I have this smile that captures everyone's heart. Hehehe ^^v

His discussion continues and I, being a good student, try to open my eyes and listen to his boring class. It goes on for an hour then the bell rings. I immediately pick up my things and head to the door. As I walk down the hallway, I can't help but think about the dream I had in the class. I have been dreaming the same dream lately; the beach, the perfect sunset, a mysterious guy who always says that he is just always with me and I just need to look around to find him. Maybe it's a sign of my future boyfriend but I guess I have already found him. I am already in love.

"Ya Gain-ah! Were you dreaming about that dream again?" Narsha asks, waking me up from my thought. I nodded to answer her. "That is really creepy." Narsha is my bestfriend since we were kids. I tell her everything and she tells me everything. We are actually more like a sibling to each other.

"No unnie! It's more like a sign." I object. "It's like telling me that if one day I go to the beach watching a sunset with a guy, he will be the perfect one for me." 

"What the --! Cut it off girl! You're the one who is being creepy now. Ugh!" she laughs.

"It's destiny."

"It's a crap. Stop thinking like that okay? There is no such thing as destiny. We create our own life. Get it?"

"Whatever you say." I roll my eyes at her and shrug. 

"Wait! Where were you last night?" her voice suddenly change into a bit scary tone.

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"I called at your house last night and your mom said that you went out. Did you go out with Jo Kwon again?" 

"Ah. Yes I went out with him last night but it was just for a couple of hours. We just went out to see the fireworks." I answer her without even bothering to take a glance on her. I can feel that she is looking at me suspiciously, she's always like that actually every time I tell her that I went out with Jo Kwon. She thinks that me and Jo Kwon are secretly couple. She suddenly stops walking and pulls me to stop walking as well.

"Gain-ah, we're like siblings now right? And we tell each others secrets." She starts talking like a mom again.

"Yes? And?" I know she is going to ask me if Jo Kwon is my boyfriend. I know her.

"Are you and Jo Kwon a couple now?" See? I'm right. :P

"Mwoya?" I laugh. She hits my arm and asks me to be serious about her question. "Unnie, we're just friends but I have to be honest, we have this spark between us." Yes I like Jo Kwon and he likes me back but I guess we are still not ready to take our friendship into the next level. We are both afraid that we will lose each other if ever we are going to break up. I can't lose him, he is too special for me.

"Then what are you guys waiting for? Go date!"

"It's not that easy unnie. We are considering lots of things and we just need a perfect time to be together." I know that this is love but time, we just need time.

Maybe we are taking this slow but I know that we are soon going to be in that kind of relationship....