Love On Air

[Untitled]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taeyeon POV

 

I went to school early today for my duty at the broadcasting station. When I arrived, I set up the equipment and started my session.

“Good morning, everyone! This is DJ Taeng speaking,” I greeted through the mic. “Today is Tuesday, and I know the seniors have a big test coming up today for Physics. I know some of you stayed up late trying to memorize all those formulas; I know I did,” I laughed. “Anyway, here’s a song for you to listen to just to relieve your stress.” I played a relaxing instrumental afterwards.

 

I removed my headphones and sang along to the song when someone came in the room.

“Hey, Taengoo!” Jinki greeted.

“H-hey… You’re early…”

“Yeah. I saw the schedule and found out that it’s your duty from six to six-thirty.”

“So…”

“So, I came here to help out!” he said enthusiastically.

“Help out,” I paused. “Jinki, it’s my duty right now. I’m fine on my own.”

“Come on, Taeng… Let me he-”

“Jinki,” I stopped him. “What do you really want?! Why are you always here? Why are you always trying to help?! I don’t need your help, Jinki! I don’t need you!” I lost my temper.

He was quiet.

“What?! You can’t say anything?! You know what? Just get-”

“I like you, Taeng!” he shouted.

“Wh-what did you say?”

“I like you. Ever since we met during freshman year, I’ve fallen for you. Taeng, I-”

“Wait. The song’s over. I gotta record.” I went back to my place, put on my headphones and spoke through the mic again.

“There you go! I hope that song was able to help you relax a little. The time now is six-fifteen. Hmm… Let’s go for a livelier song, shall we?” I searched for a dance song to play.

“Alright, here’s a song I think will energize you. Here is...”

“Wait. Before that...” Jinki suddenly said through the mic.

“What are you doing?!” I said in a low voice.

“Everyone, I’d like to make an announcement. Taengoo-ah… I like you. I love you! Would you please accept me?”

I glared at him for saying that. “Ah..Hahaha! Nice one, Jinki-ah… But before anything else, here’s the song I’ve chosen for all of you today!” I played the song afterwards.

“YAH! What is wrong with you?!” I shouted at him.

“I was just professing my love for you,” he smiled.

“On air?! Do you have to profess your love ON AIR?!”

“That’s how much I love you, Taeng. I’m ready to tell the world about it. I love you, Taeng.”

“Wha… Why?” I was close to tears.

“I don’t know, Taengoo-ah… When I first saw you that day, I just knew you’re the one. I’ve always wanted to tell you how I feel, but I never got the courage.”

“Is that… Is that why you’re always ‘trying to help’ me? Is that why you’re always there for me?” I started crying at that point.

“Yes, Taeng…” He wiped away my tears. “Please stop

Please log in to read the full chapter