You Know the Girls

[Untitled]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

 

“Yuri! Get up! It’s already six-thirty! Time for school!” my dad called.

“Yeah, yeah…”

“Yah! Don’t ‘yeah, yeah’ me! I’m your father!” he scolded me.

“Okay, okay… Sorry. I’ll get up now…”

“Faster! You’re going to be late!”

“Yes, sir…”

 

I got up and changed to my usual outfit-jeans and a t-shirt. As you’ve heard, my name is Yuri. I live with my father in a little house we have. My mother left us after giving birth to me, so you can say that only my father has been taking care of me ever since-well, he and his gang. Don’t get the wrong idea; my appa isn’t a bad person. He’s actually a very hardworking carpenter. He’s been working hard all these years for me to have a bright future. The only thing that’s bothering me is his drinking and smoking habits. I’ve always told him to stop, but the only things he gave me were broken promises.

 

Anyway, back to the present. I went down to eat breakfast-eggs and hot chocolate.

“Eat up. I cooked those,” he told me.

“Really?” I ate the eggs, and they were delicious, so it can’t be my father who cooked them.

“Okay, appa. Who’s the real cook?”

“You got me. It’s your Jongsuk-samchon.”

“Hey! I am not a samchon!” he denied. You’d think he’s only concerned about age, but in reality… “I’m more of an unnie. Hihihi!” he giggled while covering his mouth.

“Oookay… I gotta go now…” I said.

“Alright. Better make it quick; it’s already quarter to seven!” appa said.

“Yes, sir!”

“Be good in school.”

“Appa! I’m not a little kid anymore!”

“You’ll always be my little girl,” he hugged me.

“Okay, okay. See you!”

“Five o’clock, curfew!”

“Appa!” I complained.

“Just kidding,” he laughed.

 

I ran as fast as I could and arrived in school just in time for class.

 

Jessica POV

 

“Ms. Jung, it’s time to wake up,” Jung-ah, my maid called. “Ms. Jung?” she shook me.

“Yah! Don’t touch me! I’m up, okay?”

“S-sorry…”

“Get out! Now!”

“Y-yes, Ms. Jung…” she said as she went out.

 

I looked at my clock. It was only five-thirty! I can’t believe she woke me up this early! Anyway, time to get ready…

 

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the rich and beautiful… Jessica Jung! Yes, yes. I am rich and beautiful! I was born to a rich family, and I live in a huge mansion. I am an only child, so my parents give me everything I want. My parents both work as businesspeople. Don’t ask me what they do; all I know is it’s related to…business. They’re usually not home because they always have to be out of town to meet clients, so I’m left alone with the maids they hired. Hmm… What else can I say about myself? I don’t usually do things myself; I just ask my maids to do all the work.

 

Whew! That was a lot of words. So tired… I need some air. That’s the first and last time you’ll ever hear me talk that much.

 

I put on my blouse, mini skirt and high heels, grabbed my purse, then went down and ate my breakfast-bacon, eggs, hash brown, sausages and milk chocolate. Delicious, right?

“Good morning, princess,” my dad greeted.

“Good morning, dad. Good morning, mom.”

“Good morning, sweetheart,” my mom greeted.

“Enjoy your meal, but you better not eat too slowly,” my dad said. “It’s already six-thirty,” he pointed at the clock.

“What?! Six-thirty?”

“Yes, dear… You always take one hour to prepare, remember? That’s why you have to wake up at five-thirty,” my umma explained.

“Right…” So that’s why Jung-ah woke me up early… I always forget.

I got up after I finished eating.

“Well, I better go,” I said.

“Careful on the way,” my umma said.

“We love you!” my appa said.

“Yes, mom. Love you, too!”

Please log in to read the full chapter