Chapter 3

Keeping Promises

The rain had not let up. 

At all. 

Minseok and Yifan were only a block away from the dorms, having stopped trying to attempt to stay dry half a block ago.

They walked down the middle of the sidewalk, Minseok's left hand enveloped in Yifan's right, both stuck in the taller man's coat pocket. Both their heads were down, letting the rain run in rivulets unchecked down their cheeks.

Both were starting to get sleepy, wanting to get back home quickly so they could shower, get into dry clothes, and sleep for a few hours.

Just thinking about it brought a smile to Yifan's face.

"What are you thinking about?" 

Minseok squeezed Yifan's hand tighter in his pocket, grinning up at him as he blinked the rain out of his eyes.

"Just about getting home later. I can't wait to snu-" Yifan cut himself off, blushing furiously.

Minseok smirked triumphantly.

"I knew it. I knew you loved snuggling, you big teddy."

Yifan liked to pretend to hate cuddling. He'd grumble and cross his arms and roll his eyes when Minseok would sidle up to him on the couch. He'd cough uncomfortably when Minseok held his hand at the dinner table or wrapped an arm around his waist when the other members were in the room.

Minseok never took offense to it. He knew Yifan was a naturally reserved sort of guy, when it came to public affection. Yifan always made up for it when they were alone, anyhow.

The second they have alone time, Yifan is all over him. 

He'll drape himself over the shorter man's back, peppering light, teasing kisses over his neck, nuzzling into the short hair behind his ears.

He especially liked to put one of his massive hands in Minseok's back pocket, playfully palming the curve of Minseok's backside.

Minseok felt pretty special sometimes, knowing that he was the only one who got to see the extent of Yifan's private affections.

Not even the rain could dampen Minseok's spirits now.

They were close to the door, able to see it at the end of the street. Both men heaved an almost simultaneous sigh of relief, laughing at their synchronization.

Yifan couldn't help but keep glancing at Minseok out of the corner if his eye, enamored with him.

His angelic features were rain-streaked and glistening, crystalline droplets dripping from the point of his chin and the arch of his ear. His hair was intermittently spiked up from wind and flattened to his skull by the incessant downpour.

He was so beautiful, sometimes Yifan wanted to pinch himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming this up.

Little did he know, Minseok was doing the same to him.

The older man watched slyly as rain put a radiant shine on Yifan's cheeks, light from the street lamps reflecting ethereally off his sodden hair. The tip of his aristocratic nose was reddened by the cold, making him look younger than he was. 

He made a stunning picture, here in the rain, and Minseok felt almost giddy with the knowledge that Yifan was his, and he was Yifan's.

~~~

Arriving at the dorm building was bittersweet.

Of course they wanted to get inside and out of the rain, that was not a question. Both of them were cold and soaked to the bone, and ready to snuggle into warm sheets and each other.

But they had also had such a good time, the walk in the rain notwithstanding.

The dinner, the chocolate bars, the frigid wind, all were components that made their night an unforgettable one.

None the less, they were home now, with the option of a hot shower and dry clothes. That one won out unanimously.

They both stepped inside after having shaken off some of the water and removing their sodden coats.

They made the short trek up the stairs to their dorm in what had to be record time, water sloshing in their boats.

Stepping inside, all was quiet. 

The den was empty, but noises could be heard down the hall, meaning someone was still awake.

Not wanting to investigate until they had at least removed their shoes and coats, they set about doing so.

They were turning to put their coats on the rack when a few important things happened, all at once.

Two people walked into the living room, one unfamiliar. Minseok tripped over his slick shoes and started to fall, making Yifan and the other men start to lunge for him. And finally, the lights shut off.

An unknown voice shouted out in surprise.

Yifan reached out and grabbed the nearest body, assuming it would be Minseok.

A door somewhere opened, and a sleepy voice sounding vaguely like Jongdae mumble something that was either 'What' or 'Why', no one could tell, before closing again.

Yifan patted the hair of whoever he was holding, his instinct to comfort alerting him to their trembling.

The completely dry hair of whoever he was holding.

Yifan started to apologize, pulling away, just as the lights flickered back to life.

It was just a dopily grinning Yixing. 

Whoo.

Yifan looked over to his left to find Minseok in a much different situation.

Minseok was locked in an airtight embrace with what appeared to be a maintenance man, who looked largely uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Yifan detached himself from Yixing, who turned his attention to a madly blushing Minseok, now a few feet away from the electrician.

"So, how was the date?"

"Uh, it was pretty good." Minseok stuttered.

"Ooh, goodies?" Yixing's eyes were zeroed in on the bag of chocolates in Yifan's hands, forgetting all talk of dates.

"Yeah, sure. Chocolate bars."

Yifan handed the bag to Yixing, who snatched it up greedily.

"Awesome." He started to leave to his room.

"Yixing." Yifan sighed long-sufferingly.

The dancer stopped mid step, peeking over his shoulder innocently.

"Yes, hyung?" His voice was as sweet as sugar.

Yifan tried not to be affected.

"Share."

Yixing deflated. He dragged his feet and went down the hall, knocking on doors and reluctantly offering chocolate bars to the half asleep members.

Now it was just Yifan, Minseok and the awkwardly shuffling maintenance man.

"So the powers back on now." He stated perfunctorily.

"Yes." Minseok coughed. "Yes it is."

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna go now."

He shuffled past the two sopping wet men, exiting through the front door probably a little faster than necessary.

Minseok refused to make eye contact while Yifan tried as hard as he could to hold back his laughter.

"I'm going to take my shower now."

Minseok hurried out of the room, his head bowed.

Yifan snickered quietly behind his palm, fearing Minseok's notoriously sensitive ears.

"Shut up."

He was caught.

Yifan shook his head fondly, kicking his boots back into place on the mat.

He was thinking about joining Minseok. To conserve water, of course.

What was one more?

 

 

A/N: The End! Sorry for the ultra-late update, I think you guys will understand that the past few days have been stressful. You guys have stuck with me throughout all this, and I love you for it. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Be on the look out for more stories later, I'm not stopping here! Goodbye, folks!<3