Chapter 1

Keeping Promises

If you were to ask Wu Yifan whether or not he was nervous about his upcoming date with Minseok, he would scoff. Of course not, it'd say. Yifan was no novice on the dating scene.

Yifan had been on plenty of dates before. One might even consider him an expert on date etiquette, he was so experienced in the art of proper date manners. Now, if the last date he'd been on was with his mom at a second grade mommy-son dance, that's none of your business.

Currently he was sorting through his closet, being 'assisted' by Zitao, who was sitting cross-legged on Minseok's bed. Yifan was from the waist up, wearing nothing but plaid boxers and socks.

"Tao, are you gonna help me or not?"

Yifan was maybe mildly stressing about this date.

"What do you want me to do? Just wear, like, that sweater." Zitao pointed disinterestedly at a light blue cardigan.

"But we're going to that new fondue place, what if I get chocolate on it?"

Zitao rolled his eyes and groaned, flopping back onto Minseok's duvet.

"Wu hyung, just pick something! Minseok hyung has seen you in much worse than a chocolate stained sweater, and he loves you on top of that."

Yifan didn't even try to hide his smile at that.

He knew that Minseok loved him, just like he knew he loved Minseok. He guessed it was a little weird that they were going into their first date already head-over-heels for each other, but they'd never really claimed to be normal, had they?

"Stop smiling like that, you're making me jealous." Zitao grumbled, hiding his face behind a pillow to conceal his smile.

Yifan resisted the urge to stick his tongue out childishly by turning to his and Minseok's shared closet. 

He still had to pick his pants.

And shoes.

Crap.

~~~

Minseok was in the den area, lounging on the couch with his feet in Lu Han's lap. Jongdae sat on the floor in front of the love seat, messing around with Lu Han's Rubix cube.

Lu Han had been sending Minseok strange looks over the past half hour, and the older boy was starting to get a little irritated.

"Do I have something on my face?" He quipped, not looking away from the television.

He saw Lu Han redden and look away quickly out of the corner of his eye.

"No, hyung, it's just that, it's..." Lu Han seemed unable to find the right words. 

Minseok looked over and raised an eyebrow, more curious than agitated now.

"Well, it's just that most people would be more... nervous, before a first date?"

Minseok was startled into a short burst of laughter.

"Lu, Yifan and I aren't strangers. We've known each other for years already, and it's not like we've been skimping on affection lately."

Lu Han faked a gag while Jongdae nodded in agreement, still focused on the toy in his hands.

"Yifan and I are already technically 'dating', so this isn't gonna change anything. I have no reason to freak out about this, and neither does Yifan."

~~~

"Tao I am freaking out about this."

Zitao rolled his eyes for what seemed like the thousandth time in two hours. 

"Wu, what is there to freak out about?"

"What if Min-hyung realizes how lame I am and doesn't love me anymore?"

Yifan's voice was muffled by the pile of rejected clothes he had fallen face-first into ten minutes ago.

"Yifan hyung, listen to me."

Zitao's voice had gotten serious, and Yifan looked up expectantly,  the seam of what appeared to be a pair if jeans running across his cheek.

"Minseok hyung already knows how lame you are."

Yifan dropped his head back down into the clothes, suppressing a wail of emotional agony.

It was true, though,  Minseok had clued in on Yifan's lameness ages ago. Well, at least he still loved him despite that.

Yifan smiled into the clothes.

"I can hear you smiling. Stop it."

Yifan grumbled half-heartedly and burrowed deeper into his clothing cuccoon.

~~~

Yifan and Minseok were standing by the front door, putting on their coats.

"Have a good time, hyungs!" Zitao hugged both older men tightly before flopping onto the couch.

Jongdae waved distractedly from the floor, still not even close to solving Lu Han's toy.

"Treat him right!" Yixing's voice carried from the kitchen.

"I will." Yifan and Minseok replied simultaneously.

Jongdae snorted.

"Bye guys." Minseok called softly, not wanting to wake the slumbering Lu Han.

Yifan opened the door, gesturing for Minseok to go through. After stepping out behind him, Yifan locked the door, knowing that the others would probably forget too.

Minseok smiled up at him indulgently.

"So, where do you want to go first?"

"Dinner?"

Minseok fought the urge to smooth the nervous wrinkles out of Yifan's forehead. They were too cute to waste.

"Sounds good."

Minseok looped his arm through Yifan's, pulling him in the direction of the restaurant.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for how short it is, and how little happens. Most of the action goes down next chapter, so don't lose heart yet. Comment with complaints or concers!