Chapter Three

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donning on her black mini dress coupled with a shiny red belt, Soojung strode into the chaotic nightclub with her black stilettos. Loud pop music was blasting, women in short and mini dresses dancing on the stage, men in tuxedos flirting with women and some couples making out by the couch. Soojung was still disgusted by the night culture in the pub. She never liked this place, and she concluded that she would never either. 

 

 

 

“Hey miss, you look lonely here. Do you want to have a drink? My treat” 

 

 

 

A tall, handsome looking yet slender male asked Soojung. His perfect five facial features with sharp jawline definitely made him a good catch, not to mention his deep low voice with a slight American accent. No women could reject him. But definitely not for Soojung

 

 

 

Damn she looks so hot. Wonder how she will be on bed. 

 

 

 

After reading the male’s thought, Soojung immediately judged the man in front of her.  Decent looking yet so flirtatious and that is why you should never judge a book by its cover.

 

 

 

“I like being alone. Leave me alone” Soojung replied harshly, seeing no point being polite to the sickening and unwanted accompany. 

 

 

 

Unable to believe that he was rejected, the male tried to move in closer to Soojung, clearly not giving up yet. “Are you playing hard to get, because if you are, you have succeeded.” He smirked. 

 

 

 

Soojung immediately got up from her seat and splashed him a drink. Ouch. He deserved it anyway. 

 

 

 

“I told to you stay away from me. Do you not understand proper English?” Soojung raised her volume. 

 

 

 

No reply, except whispers from the bartender and several patrons who happened to witness the chaos. It was a rhetorical question anyway, Soojung was not expecting a reply either. 

 

 

 

“Don’t regret missing a bachelor like me.” The male smirked before leaving arrogantly. Still so prideful despite getting rejected. Soojung guessed all men here were just thick-skinned and shameless. 

 

 

 

As much as Soojung hated the environment here, she had to return to the club regularly to complete her task - to find the infamous Kim Kai. According to the report that the vampire clan gave her, this place was Kim Kai’s favourite hangout place. It was seemly the only place Soojung could locate the man. However, much to her surprise, she had yet met the agent even though she had been visiting the club for a week. Yet. Soojung sighed and exited from the club. She simply hoped to meet the agent soon and finish her task. 

 

 

 

 

“Soojung-ie, do you want to have Western cuisine for lunch? I heard the newly opened western restaurant down the street is famous for its Seafood Vongole spaghetti.”

 

 

 

One thing Soojung liked about Sulli was that she never hid her true feelings and thoughts. She spoke what she thought. This made Soojung guilty for she was keeping so many secrets from her best friend, even though Sulli trusted her with everything.

 

 

 

“Sure, I’m craving for western treats too” Soojung showed her brilliance smile to her best friend, one which she rarely put on. 

 

 

 

With that, the couple linked their arms and skipped down the streets. Examination was finally over and the two college students could not be happier to have a short breather before drowning themselves in the heavy workload of college life. 

 

 

 

“Hmm, their Vongole is really delicious. Live up to its reputation” Sulli gave a thumb up to the lady across her. 

 

 

 

Soojung nodded her head, eyes focused on the man across the street who was waiting for someone while leaning on his Black Volkswagen car. Even from his side profile, Soojung felt that he was strikingly familiar. She was never a sociable person, hence Soojung never paid much attention to her surroundings, not to mention males. However this man was different, he was the person Soojung had been finding for the past week. 

 

 

 

“Kim Kai” 

 

 

 

She unintentionally uttered, totally surprised to see her target while on her lunch date. 

 

 

 

“Who’s that” Sulli asked, wondering why did she even befriend with such a weird person in the first place. 

 

 

 

“Huh what?” Soojung gasped upon knowing she just mentioned her target name. She was not supposed to. 

 

 

 

Sulli chuckled. That’s her clumsy and blur friend. 

 

 

 

“Nothing” Sulli replied before drowning herself in the paradise of spaghetti. 

 

 

 

On the other side of the dining table, Soojung was more than relieved. She was afraid Sulli would question further about the name she just muttered, and she was scared she could not bring herself to lie again to Sulli. She never wanted to lie to her best friend. Knowing that Sulli just shrugged off her comment easily, Soojung returned her gaze back to the streets. The black Volkswagen car had driven off, what left was Soojung lingering mind of her ‘meeting’ with Kim Kai. Well, it was not exactly a meeting considering only Soojung knew about Kim Kai. 

 

 

 

Great, I just want to finish this task fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After meeting Kim Kai near the western restaurant, Soojung had been dragging Sulli to eat Seafood Vongle nearly everyday in hope to meet her target. 

 

 

 

“Soojung-ie, I know you like the restaurant a lot but can we east something different today? Like Korean cuisine? I’m craving for kimchi!” Sulli pouted. 

 

 

 

Soojung started feeling bad again. Because of her task, she had been bringing Sulli back to the same restaurant. Her best friend did not deserve such treatment. 

 

 

 

“Sure. I feel like eating Korean food too.” Soojung smiled back to her pest friend before pinching her cheeks. These two could be really childish if you know them well. 

 

 

 

“Yay!” Sulli did a victory sign and pulled Soojung to the nearest Korean restaurant along the street. Although Sulli liked to do aegyo in front of Soojung, she was in fact not that friendly with others. She did not like to interact with new people; she prefer to form strong relationship with her close friends. Probably the trait of typical introverts. 

 

 

 

Soojung looked at her watch for the umpteen times today. She was supposed to meet the leader of the vampire clan today. It was two weeks since their last meeting, and the leader left her with the task of finding Kim Kai. Despite visiting the club everyday for the first week and making frequent visit to the street which Soojung saw him for the second week, there was not any advancement in her assigned task. The newly found vampire was worried how to report to her leader. But Soojung still knew deep in her heart that the leader of the vampire clan would never blame her, because she was unique. The power of super power, Soojung claimed. 

 

 

 

“Are you in a rush?” Sulli asked, noticing Soojung had been staring at her watch for a while. 

 

 

 

“No?” Soojung replied immediately, rather flustered for being caught red-handed by her friend. “Just an appointment with my classmate later regarding our graded assignment. I was just planning  out the timetable mentally.” 

 

 

 

Sulli mouthed an ‘O’ before returning to her kimchi rice. 

 

 

 

“Soojung-ie, you know…” 

 

 

 

“Yea” Soojung replied, not familiar with Sulli’s stuttering. Her best friend usually spoke what came to her mind, and to witness her stuttering, it was very rare. Something was definitely odd. 

 

 

 

“You know there’s this person…” 

 

 

 

Soojung chuckled a little after reading her best friend thought. As guilty as she felt, she could not help but to think that her friend had grown up. She had a crush. But of course, she could not show her excitement so quickly. 

 

 

 

“Who?” Soojung looked into her best friend eyes, eagerly waiting for her best friend to continue her sentence.

 

 

 

“There’s this person in my class that I like.” Sulli spoke at lightening speed and immediately closed her eyes, avoiding eye contact with her best friend. She was so embarrassed since it was her first time having a crush. 

 

 

 

“Oh is he good looking? I wonder how he looks like to make my Sulli falls for him.” Soojung laughed a little at her friend’s shy reaction. 

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m not a superficial person ok. But he’s quite good-looking.” Sulli smiled brightly while describing her mini crush. 

 

 

 

Soojung smiled unconsciously too while looking at her best friend. She wondered how great it would feel to love someone and to be loved by someone. 

 

 

 

“Has he confessed?” Soojung asked, wondering if her best friend had been taken. 

 

 

 

“No” Sulli looked a little disappointed. 

 

 

 

“But he’s not dating right. If he has eyes, he will definitely see you one day. You will be the best girlfriend one could ever ask for” Soojung added, wanting to cheer her friend up. However, Soojung was not lying either, Sulli’s understanding and selfless personality would definitely make the best girlfriend in the world. 

 

 

 

“Hehe, I hope so.” Sulli giggled a little, eyes still filled with much excitement and happiness when thinking about her crush. Soojung guessed loving someone was pure happiness. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter