Chapter Four

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Match point 83-85” The loud P.A system broadcasted through the indoor sports hall. Chanyeol’s basketball team was at the upper-hand. Cheers could be heard as the ball was passed around from players to players, everyone was excited for the tense match between the best college basketball teams in the town. All eyes were on Chanyeol who had the boy at the crucial 2 minutes. If he managed to score a point right now, it would ensue absolute win for his team. However, if the opposing team was to get the ball, the tables might be overturned. 

 

 

 

It was a pin drop silence in the hall. Chanyeol was making a 3-points shoot. Seconds felt like minutes for the players as well as the spectators. Goal. Cheers were immediately heard as the ball fell to the court. Chanyeol was yet again, the hero of the basketball team. 

 

 

 

When the match ended, Sulli hurriedly turned to Soojung and described how professional Chanyeol was when he was playing. “Man, did you see his face when he shot that last goal. I can’t believe such a hot dude exist in this world…” Soojung could only nod to what Sulli’s face as she tried to look out for Kim Kai. 

 

 

 

Soojung was not certain to meet him there, but she assumed there was no harm to look our for the said guy. After all, if he was a great friend of Chanyeol, he would not miss the great match earlier on. And indeed, Soojung managed to spot Kai with his friend at the bench nearest to the court. A smiled appeared on her face. 

 

 

 

“Congrats Chanyeol, you were great earlier.” Sulli congratulated the male excitedly. In response, Chanyeol simply laughed and thanked Sulli. 

 

 

 

 

Seeing Soojung was in a daze, Sulli nudged her best friend. “Congrats him dude” Sulli hissed. 

 

 

 

 

“Oh” Soojung managed to come back to her senses. “Congrats” She held her hand out a handshake. Chanyeol laughed at Soojung’s slow reaction and responded her handshake. “That sounded so sincere.” 

 

 

 

 

Soojung gave him a weak smile back while leaving Sulli and Chanyeol to chat happily about their favourite anime character. 1 year ago, Soojung did not believe that there would be a guy in the world who shared the same interest as her best friend. But surprisingly, Chanyeol - who absolutely did not look like one who would watch anime, actually liked the same anime character as Sulli. Upon the sight of how Sulli and Chanyeol communicated, Soojung felt really happy and glad for her best friend. 

 

 

 

 

“Bro, that was a great match.” Chanyeol’s friend, Sehun patted his back. Chanyeol only narrowed his eyebrows and stared at his best friend for interrupting his moment with Sulli. Soojung chuckled softly after reading his thought. “Thanks, now you may go.” 

 

 

 

 

Sehun shot him a confused look back before realising the two ladies Chanyeol was talking to. “Oh” Sehun said, giving Chanyeol a teasing look. “Nice to meet you, I’m Sehun - Chanyeol’s buddy” 

 

 

 

 

Sulli and Soojung took turn to return Sehun’s handshake while introducing themselves. 

 

 

 

 

This girl is sure pretty. Soojung hurh 

 

 

 

 

Reading Sehun’s thought, Soojung could not help but to smirk a little to herself. At least, she was no that far away from her goal. Her thoughts were disrupted by Kai who patted Chanyeol’s back, congratulating him. 

 

 

 

 

“Oh Kai, you’re here. They are my schoolmates, Sulli and Soojung.”

 

 

 

In that split second of eye contact, Soojung concentrated her mind on reading Kai’s thoughts. Nothing. She was not able to hear anything. It was like the previous time they met; no matter how hard Soojung tried, she did not seem to succeed in reading his’ thoughts. No harm giving a third try and Soojung made another attempt. It was not successful either. Soojung was finally doubting her ability to read Kai’s thought or was it simply that he was really not thinking of anything. 

 

 

 

 

As the trio took their leave first, Sulli and Soojung bidded farewell too. The former had return home for family matters while Soojung had to meet the vampire clan’s leader again, for the one week deadline was up. 


 

 

The remote dark alley that was occasionally occupied by drunkards from nearby clubs stood two people vampires. Soojung was fearful of this place initially when the vampire clan first found her identity. Now, the dark alley became the usual hangout spot between the clan and her, and she hated the place even more despite the familiarity of the surroundings. 

 

 

 

 

“I saw him.” Soojung said upon arrival. 

 

 

 

“Great, what’s the progress so far.” The leader of the vampire clan replied, whom name had yet been disclosed to Soojung yet. 

 

 

 

Soojung contemplated for a second whether to inform him about her inability to read Kai’s thought. She decided not to, not wanting to make herself seem inferior in front of the authoritative vampire. Facade or not, she wanted him to acknowledge her as the mighty vampire that had the ability to read other’s thought, no exception for anyone - not even Kai. 

 

 

 

 

“Progressing as excepted.” 

 

 

 

The male vampire smirked at her reply, reminding her about her task yet again. “Remember to do your task properly. And do not forget, vampires and humans are not to fall in love. Do not involve personal feelings into this mission.” 

 

 

 

Somehow the reminder sounded more like a command to Soojung. She felt a robot, being controlled by the master without any choices. Soojung could only nod her head. 

 

 

 

 

“From today onwards, choose an English name that you like. It will be your code name in the vampire clan.” The leader told Soojung. 

 

 

 

 

Without hesitant, Soojung told of the name Krystal. It was a name given by her elder sister and she had always adored the name. However, after her sister left her, Soojung never used that name again. 

 

 

 

 

“Krystal” The leader nodded in reply, complimenting the beautiful name. 

 

 

 

 

Just as the male vampire was walking out of the dark alley, curiosity got the best of Soojung and she decided to ask for his name. Well, you could not deny it was weird to be talking to someone for such a long time whom you did not know his name. 

 

 

 

 

“Jung Yunho” 

 

 

“Soojung-ie, Chanyeol invites you to his birthday party next saturday night. Be sure to turn up ok!” Sulli beamed brightly at Soojung, before her mind started drifting off to Chanyeol again. 

 

 

 

 

Two weeks had passed since Soojung met Kai at the basketball court. Over the span of the two weeks, Sulli and Chanyeol became much closer; Sulli was always talking about him and her cheeks never failed to blush at the sight of her crush. Soojung believed it would not be long before the two became official couple. 

 

 

 

“I will be there.” Soojung replied her best friend with a smile. Well, Soojung needed to be there actually. She knew Kai would be there. “You are really head over heels for Chanyeol, aren’t you” 

 

 

 

 

Sulli face immediately reddened when Soojung mentioned Chanyeol’s name. At times, Soojung wondered how Sulli talked to Chanyeol considering her shyness. 

 

 

 

Her best friend nodded her head slightly, before changing the topic to Chanyeol’s birthday party. “What do you think I should get for him? I don’t even know what he likes or whatsoever” 

 

 

 

 

“I believe he will like anything you give him because you are Choi Sulli” Soojung replied, pleased with her comment. Once again, Sulli could not help but to feel embarrassed again. What had love done to the almighty Choi Sulli, Soojung wondered. 

 


 

 

The party was not an extravagant one, it was held in a mansion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter