Amidst the Storm

They'll Never Know

Because I got home from London about an hour ago lol (it is 12.17am)

I just want to add now, last night, about an hour after I posted this, we had the most incredible storm (it woke me up after sleeping for 30 minutes). I don't think I had ever seen so much lightning in such a short space of time. The lightning was so close it kept making me jump haha! The rain was so hard against my window as well. It was amazing!

Prompt: Storm

Additional Character: Donghae


As an unspoken rule of thumb, as a hyung, Jongwoon was expected to look after the younger members when they had any problems they wanted advice from, or any other help they may need. The only person who was exempt from that rule was Heechul.

Jongwoon laughed at the memory of Shindong stalking out of Heechul’s bedroom, eyes wide open in terror. Apparently he had approached the older male in need of relationship advice and ended up having to listen to the whole of Heechul’s life. Apparently he had tried many different ual kinks with both men and women! He had overheard what Shindong was asking for and all he wanted to know was where the best place to take a girl out on a date.

On a different occasion, Donghae had approached Heechul, slightly upset because Hyukjae had insulted the film Finding Nemo and was hoping to have some consolation and reassuring words of “don’t worry, fishes are cool”. He didn’t expect Heechul to declare war on the floor below and whenever someone walked into the living room, he would throw the nearest object to him at the unfortunate victim. He only stopped when Jungsoo intervened, his wallet in his hand as he offered to buy Heechul a new t-shirt.

From then on, no one approached Heechul for advice or consolation.

Instead, Jongwoon found himself being Heechul’s replacement and the person as to whom everyone would approach when necessary.

In all honesty, it worked out for everyone. Jongwoon wasn’t one to have many problems and didn’t like to speak out much, preferring to listen to other people talking about what happened in their day. Whilst it relieved Jungsoo of some of the pressures of being Super Junior’s leader, it also meant that he was well informed of all the other events that was kept from the public.

The only disadvantage of taking such a role was that he often had to listen to Donghae going on about his love for fishes, or Ryeowook complaining that Shindong was eating all of the food he had cooked for everyone.

Even so, they all kept going back to him for more and more advice to it had to mean that he was being relatively helpful. Or at least, more helpful than Heechul ever was.

-

Jongwoon was in his bedroom, reading the latest book that he had bought. He was quite excited as it had sat on his bedside table for the past week as he hadn’t found the opportunity to read it. He had only just managed to find the time on this particular Thursday evening when everyone was busy out on schedule, or in their own rooms doing their respective activities. Ryeowook was fortunately busy being the presenter of his radio show meant that he was alone in the bedroom giving him silence to fully absorb himself into the story.

Or so he wished.

Whilst he was able to ignore the thunder crashes and the rain hitting against the window, he wasn’t about to disregard the loud banging against his bedroom door and the rattling of the door handle as someone kept shaking it back and forth in an attempt to break in.

Sitting up, he looked at the page he was currently on, page 23, and folded the corner of the page so that he would be able to return to the correct place when he gets another opportunity to finish reading his book.

His call of “I’m coming!” caused the person on the other side of the door to stop banging as he waited for Jongwoon to unlock the door and open it away from him.

There stood an obviously frightened Donghae, a purple blanket wrapped around his body whilst holding a teddy bear tightly in his grasp. As soon as Jongwoon had opened the door, the younger male jumped at him, wrapping himself into Jongwoon’s grasp in seek of some comfort.

Jongwoon fell back slightly, almost falling backward into his turtle cage but regaining his balance last minute. He awkwardly led Donghae into his bed, the younger male still holding onto his body tightly, his head buried in Jongwoon’s chest.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Jongwoon asked once he had tucked both himself and the younger male in his bed. It was a bit of a squish, trying to fit both of their bodies in the single sized bed, but Donghae allowed Jongwoon to shuffle closer to him and rested his head against Jongwoon’s stomach once he had gotten into a comfortable position – his back leaning against the headrest and an arm wrapped around Donghae’s shoulder, lightly tracing comforting circles against Donghae’s back.

“The lightning and thunder. It’s scary.” Donghae mumbled against Jongwoon’s t-shirt, causing Jongwoon to laugh slightly. It would Donghae to get scared over nature’s weather. It wasn’t even the first time Donghae ended up wanting to sleep in Jongwoon’s bed when the weather became too frightening for him.

Jongwoon found this side of Donghae incredibly adorable. The usual man who stood on stage being extremely y, causing every single fan girl to scream at his chest, transformed into a little boy in his stripy pyjamas, looking ever so childish. He often wondered how it was possible for men to transform from one extreme to another. Sungmin was another example, whilst on stage, he often looked like a little child, jumping around crazily to the music, whilst as soon as he puts on a dress, damn he is one y lady. Jongwoon still struggled to understand Sungmin’s ability to walk and dance in high heels.

By the time he had finished day dreaming about all of the other member’s on and off stage personalities, he noticed the faint sounds of snoring coming from the male in his arms. He looked at the clock, which showed 23:10 (11:10pm) and decided that he should probably call it a night too. He had a whole day of schedules tomorrow and it wouldn’t look particularly professional if he was almost falling asleep.

He lightly grabbed hold of Donghae’s arm, which was slung around his body, and lifted it up in order to escape the younger male’s grasp. Unfortunately, Donghae just held on tighter, mumbling something about the monsters were coming to catch him. It took him almost twenty minutes before Donghae finally let go. Donghae was smiling in his dream, talking about how everything was going to be alright because ‘Hyukkie’ was here to save him. Jongwoon giggled slightly, before covering his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing too loudly and waking up the younger male.

Once he had gotten out of bed, he put the covers over the sleeping Donghae and turning off the lights, closing the door quietly behind him, before tip toeing towards a bedroom just on the other side of the door of the hallway.

Opening the door to a dark room, the only light illuminating from the room coming from a laptop located on a bed to one side of the room. Jongwoon giggled slightly, staring at the concentration coming from the man using the laptop, his face being lit up a range of colours from the screen. Jongwoon took a glance at what was going on in the computer, a video game he suspected.

He was pretty sure the younger male had not noticed of his existence because he was so engrossed in killing all the characters in the game. So he crept towards the other male, sneaking behind the younger male and freezing when he heard an “I know you are here Jongwoon” coming from him.

The younger male turned, pausing his game and throwing his laptop to the side. Once he took off his headphones, he urged Jongwoon over to him, waiting for the older man to get into bed with him. He circled his arms around the older male and placed a wet kiss on Jongwoon’s kiss, receiving a sound of disgust and a wet hand when Jongwoon lifted the other male’s hand to wipe off the saliva.

Once both he and Jongwoon lay comfortably down in bed, Jongwoon’s back resting against the younger male’s bare chest, his arm resting lazily over the older man’s stomach. Jongwoon smiled when he felt other man’s hot breath against his neck, placing soft kisses against the back of his nape.

Jongwoon closed his eyes, letting sleep overwhelm him whilst trying to not let his heart beat too rapidly from being in such close proximity with the younger male.

He really did love sleeping liked this, even though they very rarely had the opportunity to, in case questions were raised about their relationship. Jongwoon loved these rare occasions, where even when everyone came to rely on him, he always knew that there was a man there that he could fall back on, a man who didn’t ask questions, a man he loved.

This man was Cho Kyuhyun.

(Even so, he would still like to be able to finish reading his book)


Word Count: 1,500