Crowd Surfing

They'll Never Know

commentcommentcomment

Prompt: Quicksand

Additional Member: Henry


Jongwoon’s Thursday evening definitely did not pan out the way he hoped it would have gone. After performing in New York in front of thousands of fans, he was hoping for it to be a peaceful night in: maybe watching a film in his hotel room with the person he loved; or watching it in their room if there were other people around. One thing for sure was that he did not expect to be stuck in the middle of a mosh pit in a venue on the outskirts of New York. Sure he was used to mosh pits, but he had never been in them. He had only ever seen teenage girls standing in mosh pits screaming for him. And anyway, the mosh pit he was currently standing in the middle of was much more violent. He swore that in the midst of the arms that were being held up in the air, he could see a person’s body being held up. Surely that does not follow health and safety!

When Henry came up to him in the evening with two tickets at hand, he did not expect the younger male to ask him to join him at the said concert. He hadn’t heard of the band before, but Henry had insisted that Jongwoon would really like the music. When Jongwoon enquired Henry as to how he was so certain that he would enjoy the music, he noticed a slight blush appear on the other male’s face before he admitted that he may have possibly snooped at Jongwoon’s music player. Honestly, he found it a bit cute as to the extent Henry went to doing such a thing.

And so that was how Jongwoon found himself in what looked like an abandoned warehouse with somewhat a hundred other fans listening to a band he had never heard of.

Honestly, he didn’t really like the music very much. After Jongwoon accepted the invitation, he researched the band he would be seeing by listening to the music online and learning about them from Wikipedia. By that time, he didn’t have the heart that he didn’t want to see Quicksand live. It wouldn’t be fair on Henry to find another person to join him to the concert just one hour before they had to leave the hotel to take the one hour car journey to the appropriate destination.

It didn’t help that the car journey there was probably the most awkward trip ever. From Jongwoon’s recollection, he didn’t think they had ever been together just him and Henry. They barely ever spent any time together because Henry wasn’t in the same subgroup as him, and often spent a lot of time in China promoting Super Junior M. The only time he was with Henry was when Henry was with Kyuhyun and when the pair were matched together, it meant disaster was on the way, and Jongwoon was often at the very centre of it. He was often subjected to the cruel pranks Kyuhyun thought of. The last time Kyuhyun and Henry were together, they decided to put gravy granules in the shower head just before Jongwoon was due to have a shower. Jongwoon did not speak to either of them for a whole month after that incident. He only accepted their apology when he saw how badly Kyuhyun was struggling without him (and he miss the poor boy anyway). It was why he was kind of shocked that Henry invited him of all people. Henry was much better friends with all the other members of Super Junior but he had decided to invite him of all people. He decided that it would be a good opportunity to get to know the younger male better. That was the main reason as to why he accepted the invitation.

Henry had insisted that they did not have to go in disguise because Quicksand’s genre was so different to the type of music that Super Junior sang. Jongwoon agreed. For one, Super Junior did not perform with instruments. Two, Quicksand did not cross dress like they did. And three, they sang in a completely different language. Just to be on the safe side, he put on a pair of sunglasses.

Once they were in the venue, he knew it wasn’t going to be like any of the other concerts he was used to. The fact there were no seats and that there was already a crowd at the front of the building, he could tell that the American’s type of concerts were very different to his.

When the band came on stage, the fans all struggled towards the front of the stage, trying to get a better view of the four men taking their appropriate positions on the stage. By then, he thought he couldn’t breathe, he was being pushed around, only being held up by Henry’s strong arms. He wanted to leave, but it wouldn’t be fair on Henry, who seemed pretty excited that the show was finally starting. They had only technically just arrived and he didn’t want another awkward journey back to the hotel just yet. At least, he they stayed for the whole concert, Henry would be able to talk animatedly about it and he would be tired enough to just sleep the journey off.

The concert wasn’t too bad, though he would rather be elsewhere, not that he was complaining, he was always up for new experiences. That was until someone knocked his sunglasses up and someone recognised him.

“Yesung!”

A pair of strong arms hoisted him up, and suddenly his life was in other peoples’ arms as he was carried across the crowd towards the front of the stage. It was probably one of the scariest experiences he had ever had to endure in his life. Also with the realisation that he may be thrown to the band and ask for him to join in the song scared him a lot. He didn’t know the lyrics! Heck, he had only heard of the band four hours ago!

Fortunately, with the help of Henry’s translations (who ran to the front of the stage), he managed to convince the audience that he couldn’t join in because his voice was recovering still after yesterday’s performance. Henry did offer to join in the singing though, which satisfied the audience enough to allow them to be crowd surfed back to their original location.

The rest of the concert continued, and although Jongwoon had to sign a few autographs, he was glad it was over and he couldn’t wait to be back at the hotel and be welcomed to open arms. He just wanted to sleep and forget the horrifying experience of crowd surfing. Fortunately, Henry seemed to be a bit guilty for subjecting Jongwoon to American culture and suggesting that next time, they would go to a quiet restaurant together, his treat. Once Henry realised that he had probably apologised enough, the rest of the journey was silent allowing Jongwoon to close his eyes and drift off to sleep for a short period of time, whilst anticipating his reunion with the man he loved.

Once they arrived back at the hotel, Jongwoon thanked Henry for taking him out. Even though he didn’t completely enjoy himself, he still appreciated the though Henry put in to invite him out. And anyway, it was a polite thing to do. They walked up together, Jongwoon chatting animatedly about some Japanese manga that he was currently reading before bidding Henry good night and running off to Kyuhyun’s room, where he knew the younger male was probably playing video games as per usual.

“Hey babe” Kyuhyun smiled, putting down his laptop seconds before feeling a body being thrown at him. Kyuhyun laughed, enthusiastically accepting the hug and returning the cuddle immediately. He loved seeing how childish Jongwoon was sometimes, and the fact that Jongwoon was so eager to be embraced made him love the older man the little bit more (though that was practically impossible now, he loved the man far too much).

“I’m never going to an American concert again” Jongwoon mumbled into Kyuhyun’s chest before explaining thoroughly the events that had transpired, almost wanting to slap the younger male for being so uncaring at the fact that he almost died.

“You need to stop being so naïve then. Why else would Henry invite you out to see a band you have never heard of? Henry’s crush on you is so obvious, why else would he participate with me in pranking you. You know he would never prank any of his hyungs. You are the exception because I swear he is in love with you.” Kyuhyun sighed, rubbing circled against Jongwoon’s back.

“You don’t need to worry about him. You know that the only person I am in love with is you.” Jongwoon smiled, finally allowing himself to relax. It was amazing how Kyuhyun did wonders to his body. Kyuhyun arms were liked his home. And home was where he wanted to be.

“From now on, he only person you are going on dates with is me.”


Word Count: 1,517

If you don't understand how I related to the prompt: Quicksand is this post-hardcore band from New York. :)

look at what I bought lol