Unexpected Turn of Events

They'll Never Know

Prompt: Jealousy

Additional Member: Changmin (DBSK)


Jongwoon had never experienced it before. But now he had, he definitely did not like it. That ugly feeling in his stomach he had whenever he say Changmin hanging out in the Super Junior dorms. Changmin would come waltzing in (well, he would just walk in really) waving at Jongwoon before giving him some sort of a smirk when he entered Kyuhyun’s room. Jongwoon couldn’t stand watching Changmin tag along to Kyuhyun all the time and hated it more when Kyuhyun labelled Changmin as the first member of the Kyu line.

Why wasn’t Jongwoon on that god damn list?!

He was definitely more important than the lead singer of TVXQ. He was the lead singer of Super Junior! So why was Kyuhyun choosing Changmin over him?!

He didn’t always feel that angry emotion towards Changmin. He used to be friends with the younger male: trainees hoping to debut in the same group. Well that was until Changmin decided to leave Jongwoon behind and debut with TVXQ and their communication with each other just sort of dissipated.

They would do the casual greetings, saying hello and all that, but it just wasn’t the same. They stopped seeing each other all together when Jongwoon’s schedule got really busy and started training in different rooms, and then their paths never crossed.

Jongwoon just couldn’t understand how Changmin and Kyuhyun became such good friends out of the blue. Changmin randomly knocked on the door and Jongwoon answered, almost smiling at his long lost friend until Kyuhyun came along shouting “hyung!” rushing past the older man to hug Changmin. Jongwoon was sure Changmin smiled at him too, but that thought was short lived as he realised that he was probably looking past him and was smiling at Kyuhyun instead.

What was so interesting about Kyuhyun anyway? That was what he couldn’t understand.

Sure, he thought Kyuhyun was interesting. Their relationship had long past the friendship barrier and they would do things that friends definitely would not normally do, but to be honest, Jongwoon found him relatively boring. All Kyuhyun would talk about was wine and video games, two things that Jongwoon just could not relate to.

Honestly, he tried. He tried drinking alcohol with Kyuhyun and only found out that he was the lightest weight ever and the rest of the night was a complete blur for him. What was worse was that Kyuhyun refused to tell him what happened and instead put on his infamous smirk and laughed at him.

When Jongwoon tried to play video games with Kyuhyun, he realised that his hand-eye coordination wasn’t calibrated correctly and so ended up losing disastrously to the younger male. It must be something to do with why he was so clumsy as well.

By the end of it all, Kyuhyun would just smile at him and say it was alright, but Jongwoon knew it wasn’t. Evidently it wasn’t because it ended up as Changmin being Jongwoon’s replacement and he did not like that!

He tried to approach the younger male about his unhappiness about the new rearrangement but Kyuhyun said they were merely friends who had more in common than he did with Jongwoon. Jongwoon didn’t think this was fair at all! How could Kyuhyun have the guts to say such nonsense when he was practically dating the younger male? He wanted to practically murder the young man for the humiliation he felt after that.

To be honest, he just wanted to claim the younger man as his and tell the world that no one was allowed to take Kyuhyun from him. Not even Shim ing Changmin.

But he knew that he couldn’t. Despite his own fears of being judged be society, he just wasn’t ready. In his head, he still couldn’t believe that Kyuhyun reciprocated his feelings! It had been a good few months since they first confessed their emotions to each other, but they had been the best months Jongwoon had ever experienced. It felt like a dream to be honest and he often had to pinch himself just to make sure that it was actually reality.

But now that Changmin was here, he was certain it was reality.

Maybe it was just him, but the lead singer of TVXQ only seemed to coincidentally come when Jongwoon and Kyuhyun had planned to do something together, whether it be watching a film together or getting ready to go out for a dinner date. Changmin would say that Kyuhyun invited him and the younger male would just smile, too awestruck that one of the members of his infamous Kyu Line had decided to visit him. He would then cancel what the couple had planned and go off to play video games with Changmin, leaving Jongwoon to rearrange their date.

Did Changmin know about their relationship and not approve of it? Because to him, it just seemed a bit too much of a coincidence. He definitely did not like Changmin -blocking their relationship. It was okay because their relationship was still healthy and it didn’t look like it was going to end any time soon, but he was just concerned that it might cause an argument.

Jongwoon had tried approaching Kyuhyun about it, but Kyuhyun just responded saying that he could never say no to his closest friends. That made him furious to be honest. What was he then? Jongwoon ended up not talking to Kyuhyun for the next month because he wasn’t a close friend of the maknae. It even started causing friction within Super Junior when Jongwoon was the last person to get to the dining table and the only available seat was next to Kyuhyun. Jungsoo got a bit angry when he was not particularly keen on sitting next to the maknae and only sat down when Kyuhyun pulled him down. Kyuhyun kept trying to put his arm on Jongwoon’s leg which he didn’t like either, and ended up trying to swat that annoying hand whilst trying to make sure that no one else noticed their interactions.

It was only resolved when Changmin visited again (unsurprisingly) and Jongwoon was sat on the sofa watching a film on his own. Changmin walked out of Kyuhyun’s bedroom to get a drink, but stopped walking when he reached the living room, taking a seat next to the older man. It was a bit too close for comfort so Jongwoon shuffled away slightly until he couldn’t back up anymore. Changmin just stared at him, a smirk on his face, getting impossibly close. It only ended when Kyuhyun exited his room, seeing Changmin and Jongwoon in some sort of position that was not normal but not compromising either. Kyuhyun had this sort of fierce glare as if he wanted to kill, not Jongwoon, but Changmin. Kyuhyun ordered Changmin to leave, which he did, but he had this sort of knowing look as he glanced between the two lead singers of Super Junior.

Kyuhyun ended up apologising profusely after finding out that the only reason Changmin was visiting him so often was just to get close to Jongwoon again. Apparently, Changmin called Kyuhyun often just to know when he could visit when it coincided that the older male would be there. Kyuhyun didn’t suspect a thing until Changmin asked if the art-like voiced singer would be there and then he began to be a bit suspicious. Instead of telling Jongwoon about this, he decided to make sure that his suspicions were correct so continued inviting Changmin, even when Jongwoon wasn’t there. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but note down Changmin’s change in expression when he realised that Jongwoon was in fact not in.

Kyuhyun planned it out perfectly. He made sure to tell Jongwoon that they were going to watch a film together so that when Changmin arrived, Jongwoon would just continue watching the movie. One thing for sure was that he didn’t expect Changmin to lean too close to comfort to his boyfriend.

Jongwoon was his! Not Changmin’s.

Kyuhyun kind of lost it. He knew that he had when he exploded with obscenities leaving his mouth uncontrollably. And then Changmin gave that look as if to say ‘I see you guys doing something you are not telling me’, but he decided to ignore that uncomfortable feeling that was growing at the pit of his stomach. He decided that he would just lead the other male to the door before rushing to the person he loved who was still sat on the sofa with an unreadable expression on his face.

He decided to apologise profusely for Changmin’s actions, saying that he actually had suspected that the lead singer of TVXQ was trying to do such things, and that his eagerness to see if he was right or wrong ended up with both sides of the relationship being jealous.

Next time if such event happened again, they would tell each other straight away because relationships were built on trust, and trust was maintained by conversing. But foremost, relationships were about love. And they were most definitely in love.


Word Count: 1,506