Seeing Double

They'll Never Know

Time to introduce you to my latest love, Boyfriend. Listen to this song.

Youngmin isn't actually my bias, I am stuck between Kwangmin and Minwoo (but I think Kwangmin is winning)

Guess which one is which! (You can comment and I will tell you in the next update!)

 

Prompt: Winter

Additional Character: Jo Youngmin (Boyfriend)


Winter wasn’t one of Jongwoon’s favourite seasons. Though he enjoyed going out in the snow, he would much rather stay inside in his bedroom, a mug of hot chocolate next to his as he lay next to the person he loved watching the most recent episode of his current favourite drama or a random film.

He did like it when it snowed though: the feeling of the white crystals landing on his tongue as he stood outside in an oversized coat. Of course he would much rather prefer staying inside where it was nice and warm.

When the snow was decently deep to stand in, he would stare outside of the window watching the cars down below struggling to drive in the hazardous conditions.

Kyuhyun knocked at the door before walking inside the bedroom.

“I had a phone call from some friends, they wanted me to go outside to the park and have a snowball fight with them. Do you want to come and join?” Jongwoon stared at Kyuhyun as if the answer was obvious. If he had the opportunity to go outside, he would of course was going to jump at the opportunity! Kyuhyun laughed. “I will take that as a yes then. I will ring them back and let them know that you are coming too and then we will head down, alright?”

Jongwoon nodded, rushing to the closet to grab as many layers as he could: several long sleeve t-shirts, a pair of leggings, a pair of trousers to go on top, two jumpers, and two pairs of socks. By the time he had finished changing, he decided that he was wearing too much because he was struggling to walk once had everything put on.

Once he was satisfied with what he was wearing, he knocked at Kyuhyun’s door and opened it to see Kyuhyun wearing the bare minimum of clothes. “You realise, we are having a snowball fight and it is going to get really hot.”

“I know, but snow is frozen water, so it is going to get really cold as well once it penetrates through the clothes and starts to melt.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “Suit yourself.” Kyuhyun picked up his keys and phone, put putting them in his pocket before grabbing Jongwoon’s hand and walking out of the dormitory.

-

As they arrived at the correct park, Jongwoon noticed two people looking in their direction, waving at them when they saw them approaching.

“Hey Kyuhyun! Nice to see you again!” One male said, he had rather large eyes sporting his straight brown hair. Jongwoon stared at them questioningly, to be honest, he didn’t know who they were. “Hi, we are Boyfriend, well only two members of Boyfriend as you can see.” Jongwoon wracked at his brains. He had definitively heard of the group, but he didn’t know much, if anything, about them. “I’m Jo Youngmin, one of the vocalists, and this is No Minwoo, the rapper and amazing dancer of Boyfriend.” Jongwoon turned to the male who was shorter than himself, who was bowing deeply at him. No Minwoo had black hair and quite small eyes. It was quite obvious under all the layers of clothing that Minwoo was very athletic.

“Jongwoon, main singer of Super Junior.” Jongwoon greeted to the two younger males whilst receiving a small slap to the chest from Kyuhyun as a sign of disapproval.

“I’m the main vocalist of Super Junior, hyung!”

“Whatever, let’s just start the snowball fight!” Jongwoon exclaimed, running towards one of the snow boulders that was already erect. Jongwoon assumed Youngmin and Minwoo had already built them. There were six boulders at equal distance apart to form a circle. Jongwoon found it weird that there were six, but he didn’t say anything. He just assumed that it was there in case someone decided to join in and to make it so that there was a boulder separating the teams.

“We are going to have two verses two, Jongwoon and I against Youngmin and Minwoo. Alright?” Kyuhyun said as he walked to the boulder next to Jongwoon’s and Youngmin and Minwoo running to theirs on the opposite side, a smirk stretched on both of their faces.

Soon the game was set into play and Jongwoon ran away from his boulder, rushing to find some fresh snow to make into snowballs. He returned with a handful, throwing them at Youngmin to the right before ducking down when he noticed Minwoo throwing several snowballs in his direction from straight in front of him. He laughed when he saw Kyuhyun get hit by a particularly large snowball to the chest, the snow sticking to his jumper leaving a white circle shape in the location where the ball hit him. That was then he noticed a snowball come from the left of Kyuhyun and he wasn’t sure who it was coming from because Minwoo and Youngmin were both standing laughing at Kyuhyun as well.

He narrowly dodged the ball that is thrown in his direction before ducking down to get more snow. “Kyuhyun, is there another player? Someone threw a ball at me and it definitely was not Youngmin ssi or Minwoo ssi.” Jongwoon asked, seeing Kyuhyun shake his head in response. Jongwoon sighed, maybe he was just imagining things. But a snowball definitely came from that direction!

He decided to ignore it and continue to play, only to be shocked even further when another snowball was thrown at him from Youngmin who was to the left. Jongwoon glanced to where Youngmin was previously and he was standing up as well, throwing a snowball at him as well.

Both snowballs hit him on the head and he fell backwards, the surroundings going black as landed on the soft snow.

-

“Jongwoon? Jongwoon, are you okay?” Jongwoon opened his eyes slightly at hearing Kyuhyun’s voice. In front of him were two pairs of large, identical eyes staring down at him. Both men had exactly the same hairstyle as each other and the same facial expressions. Both of them were Jo Youngmin.

Jongwoon opened his eyes, shuffling backwards into Kyuhyun’s chest. “I am going crazy. Two Youngmin ssis? Did the snowball really hit my head that hard?”

“Ah, sorry, let me introduce myself.” The male on the left spoke out. “My name is Jo Kwangmin, I am Youngmin’s brother. Well, identical twin, though I am younger by six minutes.”

Jongwoon stared at the two identical twins. Looking for any differences that would help him tell which one was which.

Nope, nothing.

“Is there any way I can tell the two of you apart?”

“Well, not really, seeing as we are identical, but for you, we made sure to wear different coloured coats. See?” Jongwoon confirmed, mentally noting down that Kwangmin had a navy blue coat on whilst Youngmin’s was black.

Jongwoon nodded in approval before standing up for another round of their snowball fight.

-

Two rounds later, Jongwoon landed on the floor tiredly. He never knew throwing frozen balls of water could be so tiresome. He looked over at Kyuhyun, who was sat on the floor shaking, probably from the cold, before deciding it was probably best to go home. “Thank you for inviting Kyuhyun and I out today, I really enjoyed myself and it was really nice meeting you three. I hope to see your performances next time!” Jongwoon brought out his phone, taking a picture of everyone before turning with Kyuhyun and leaving in the direction of the dorm.

Jongwoon took of his coat, handing it over to the shivering male next to him. “No thank you, you will be cold if I wear it.” Kyuhyun denied, putting the coat back around Jongwoon’s body.

“The journey back is short, I will be fine! I am just worried you will die of pneumonia.”

“If you hug me, I will be warm.”

“Jerk. Anyway, why didn’t you tell me that Youngmin had a younger brother? I almost had a heart attack when I saw the two of them together.” Jongwoon asked, unlocking the front door and pulling the older male into his so they could warm up.

“It was actually all planned. Indirectly anyway. I knew Youngmin had an identical twin, so I thought I would make the most out of you knowing nothing about them and the fact that they are identical. I thought it worked perfectly!” Kyuhyun giggled, letting Jongwoon peel off the frozen items of clothes that clung onto his skin before digging out a clean set of clothes and putting it on.

“Brat, I hate you sometimes.” Jongwoon said as they snuggled under the duvet, letting their body heat keep each other warm. Jongwoon suddenly got up, rushing towards the kitchen and putting the kettle on. He returned a few minutes later, two mugs in his hands.

And this was how Jongwoon liked it. Spending the cold winter days in his bedroom, a mug of hot chocolate in his hold as him and Kyuhyun watched he current favourite drama: That Winter, the Wind Blows.


Word Count: 1,506