Afternoon Sickness

They'll Never Know

H I G U Y S P L E A S E C O M M E N T
Prompt:
Breakfast

Additional Member: Sungmin


It wasn’t a well-known fact that Sungmin liked to cook. In fact, he was certain that no one knew because all of the cooking duties were automatically assigned to Ryeowook for being the maknae. Sungmin tried as much as possible to help Ryeowook when it came to cooking big meals, but the younger male would often say he didn’t need any and then get Leeteuk to help. Did he really seem incapable of cooking?

Needless to say, when Ryeowook was busy one morning, preparing for his radio show, he grasped the opportunity to use the kitchen to cook some food. He decided that instead of making the conventional rice porridge for breakfast, he would make something more international. He had bought a pack of bacon rashers, sausages and all the necessary food required to make a standard English breakfast.

He had to look up when he knew all the food was appropriately cooked because it had been a long time since he stood in the kitchen acting as the head chef. He quite enjoyed it, whilst playing quiet background music of their most recent album to keep himself occupied as he cracked the eggs into the pan.

Although he found it difficult to balance out when to put each item in the oven or on the hob, he made sure that he didn’t burn any of the meat and kept the surfaces nice and clean once he had finished using them, washing up the pans and equipment appropriately. He was pretty pleased with his meal. It smelt really good. The baked beans on the side of the dish, only just touching the potato waffles whilst the rest of the meal was placed in such a way that the two eggs made a pair of eyes a nose being displayed by a tomato and the mouth by some bacon. The other food was to the side of the plate but in such a way that it didn’t affect the visual of the meal. Surely everyone will want to cook for him instead of Ryeowook when they see his work of art!

Obviously he wasn’t the one to say anything. Looking good was one thing, tasting good was another.

He carried the meal out of kitchen, almost getting a heart attack when he almost dropped the plate on the floor. It would be him to do something as clumsy as that! After he had regained his composure, he continued on walking to one of the bedrooms, knocking on the door with one hand and waited for the “come in” signal before entering the room.

“Jongwoon, I made this for you.” Sungmin smiled, placing the meal on the bedside table before rushing out to get the cutlery. “You ankle is pretty bad at the moment, so I thought it would be easier and better for your recovery if you ate in bed.”

“Thanks Sungmin, I truly appreciate it” Jongwoon replied, taking the cutlery and picking up the plate before laying it down on his lap.

Sungmin stared as Jongwoon took a bit of the potato waffle, waiting for a reaction, before smiling when Jongwoon’s eyes lit up from the taste. “Oh this tastes really good! What secret ingredient did you add?”

“I didn’t add anything. I will let you enjoy your breakfast in peace because I need to have a shower now.” Sungmin said awkwardly as he backed out of the bedroom and rushing to the bathroom.

As he stared in the mirror, he noticed how red his cheeks had become. Why did Jongwoon have to be so alluring? How could Jongwoon be so dense to not notice that Sungmin had the largest of crushes on the older male? Having said that, Sungmin was far too shy to actually approach the older male and actually say anything about his emotions. Maybe he will say something in the evening once everyone has gone to bed. He knew about Jongwoon’s insomnia so he will no doubt be awake and it would allow them to have a late night heart to heart.

-

Of course it would be his luck for that option to be absolutely impossible. It was probably around 2 o’clock in the afternoon when Jongwoon started complaining about a stomach ache before rushing towards the bathroom to vomit.

Oh goodness! Did he give Jongwoon food poisoning? Even if he had, he knew that Jongwoon would never blame the younger man and would just say that viruses come and go. Even so, he felt absolutely guilty and went to approach the older male who was bedridden once again.

“Hyung I am so sorry!” Sungmin exclaimed as he rushed into the bedroom once again noticing that Jongwoon was not alone and looked slightly shocked to be seen with his head resting against Kyuhyun’s lap.

Kyuhyun looked just as shocked as he tried to shuffle his position out so that it looked like he was merely supporting Jongwoon from a weird angle. “Sungmin hyung! You know the rules that you have to knock before entering a room!”

“Sorry Kyuhyun ah, I am just concerned because I think I was the one who caused Jongwoon to be in this state.”

Jongwoon sat up, lifting the blankets up with him and shivering violently as the cold are hit against his arms. Kyuhyun automatically helped Jongwoon cover up to keep him warm before rushing to get a glass of water. Jongwoon smiled, accepting the drink before vomiting in a nearby bucket. Once Jongwoon had recovered, Kyuhyun grabbed a tissue to wipe the older male’s mouth. “It’s okay Sungmin, I am fine, and anyway illnesses happen. I am sure it isn’t your fault. Don’t worry. Kyuhyunnie here is here to look after me, aren’t you?” Jongwoon replied, turning to Kyuhyun who was nodding.

“Alright, but if you need anything, just let me know, okay?” Sungmin left the room, closing the door after him to get rid of the awful stench. He couldn’t help but feel extremely guilty, even though Jongwoon said it was alright. He knew that it was a one off for accidently causing Jongwoon to get sick, but he was certain that he wouldn’t cook for anyone anymore just in case the same event happened again (well he was certain Ryeowook wouldn’t let him when he finds out about Jongwoon).

-

“Jongwoon, are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked, when Jongwoon suddenly tried to take the blankets off.

“Too hot” Jongwoon complain, grabbing a glass of water and taking a large gulp of the clear liquid. Kyuhyun sighed in relief, at least Jongwoon wasn’t vomiting the liquid back up – he had already cleaned the bucket several times since Jongwoon began to feel ill.

“Do you think it was food poisoning hyung?” Kyuhyun asked, pulling Jongwoon back to lie back in down the bed. Jongwoon nodded, getting closer to the younger male for warmth. “I will kill him when I next see him then. How could he be so irresponsible and try to poison my hyung?”

“Don’t. There is no point. I think he is already suffering from the guilt. He didn’t mean it, it was just as an act of appreciation that he made the food. It tasted really good too so it was technically my fault for eating the food too quickly. Just look after me instead, alright?” Kyuhyun nodded, pulling Jongwoon closer in case the older male gets too cold. Honestly, it was like heaven send for Kyuhyun being able to be this close to Jongwoon without causing any suspicions with the other members. Sungmin might have suspected something from their awkward position, but he didn’t say anything so Kyuhyun assumed everything was fine. Maybe one day they would be able to introduce themselves as Jongwoon and Kyuhyun the two males who are in a relationship. But for now, they were happy just being together and the sneaky kisses along the way.

“You will be fine anyway hyung, by tomorrow, you should be all better and be able to resume your schedule. Just remember to make sure to not accept any more of Sungmin’s cooking. Since when did he have access to the kitchen anyway? I have never seen him cooking since I moved into the dorms.”

Jongwoon laughed. “Maybe he enjoys cooking but has never had the opportunity to practice because Ryeowook is always brewing up his next amazing creation. He said to me yesterday that he was going to make a multiple tiered marble cake today. I don’t think I can eat it today though. The thought of food makes me feel a bit nauseous and anyway, I am not particularly hungry.” Kyuhyun sighed, placing a kiss on Jongwoon’s neck letting the older man let sleep succumb him.

When he noticed that Jongwoon was snoring quietly. He placed a short kiss on the older man’s sweaty face before pulling the covers up over both of them.

Maybe next time Kyuhyun will get revenge on Sungmin for hurting his hyung like that.

-

“Guys, where are my bunny pyjamas?!”


Word Count: 1,502