Humani Go Hara

Nox Aterrima : War of The Fallens - Discontinued

 

It was a war. Many screams filled the air since the soldiers were killing the innocent people of the village. They were intended to leave no one to survive. But there was a mother, silently snuck out with her baby daughter. Nothing that she wished for more than her daughter's life.

 

But then, a soldier caught them on the run and started to chase them along with his friends. The mother gasped and ran as she carried her daughter. She ran to the forest.

 

Suddenly she saw three figures of girl in hunter dress with cloaks covering their heads. She quickly ran toward them.

 

"Help! Help me!!"

 

But then an arrow pierced through her chest. Her eyes went wider as she couldn't believe her eyes that the archer girl with hazel eyes had shot an arrow at her.

 

One of the girls with light beige skin whipped her whip and took the innocent infant from her hands then brought the baby to her hand.

 

"Demon. How dare you seek protection from an innocent infant?!" The archer shot another arrow and hit the chest again.

 

Then suddenly the mother changed shape. Her hands were turned into wings. Her feet changed into talons. Her body turned into bird.

 

"Harpy." The girl with sea blue eyes said then dashed forward.

 

A spear appeared on her right hand. She swung her spear and the creature's head tore off from its body. The creature's body turned into red mist and disappeared.

 

The situation became silent again. Some soldiers came to pass them just like that as if they were invisible to their eyes. But they were indeed invisible to normal human's eyes.

 

The light beige girl looked at the baby on her arm. She smiled in relief. "But it's good that she is safe now." She touched the baby's nose as her gaze went softer. "Right, Go Hara?"

 

 

***

Junhyung was waked up when he heard the door was closed. He looked around and saw Doojoon was no longer on his bed. It seemed that the leader was awaked early again as usual. Junhyung stretched his body and exhaled as he looked at the ceiling of their new room.

 

Somehow his mind was back to the girl, Go Hara.

 

The girl had been bothering his mind since last night. Her deep and sharp warning gaze had pierced through his soul, making him silent. Her gaze had made him to be aware that he must to be careful with his words.

 

But something had been bothering him about the girl. It made him hard to fall asleep last night. Junhyung knew that he owned her apologize. But something indeed bothered him. Too bad that Junhyung didn’t know what.

 

Junhyung released another sigh then decided to see Hara. He stood up from his bed and walked to the bathroom.

 

A while later, Junhyung stopped in the front of Hara’s bedroom door. He raised his hand and knocked the door. He knocked the door thrice before the door swung open. Junhyung stepped back as the door opened.

 

Hara was the one who opened the door. She looked up when the door opened and her gaze became unfriendly as she saw Junhyung was the one who stood on her door.

 

“What?” Hara asked with her flat and cold tone.

 

Her cold tone had made Junhyung became taken back. “Hmm…” He cleared out his throat. “I…” He paused again as he rubbed the back of his ear and lowered his gaze. “I think I owe you an apology.”

 

“Yes, you are.” Hara said straight to the point, making Junhyung felt guiltier.

 

“Sorry.” He murmured.

 

“But your sincere apology accepted.” Hara said with flat tone then she wanted to close her door again.

 

But Junhyung quickly moved forward and held the door. “Wait.” He said, making Hara stopped and moved backward.  Junhyung pushed the door opened. “Can you be nicer to me?”

 

“I will.” Hara said. “If you’re behaved your self around here.” She paused for a while. “Unnie might be tolerated your speech, but I’m not. If you do or say something that offended her, I won’t be nice at you anymore.” Hara wanted to close her door.

 

“But…” Junhyung held her door again, making Hara looked at him again. “Why are you treating me so bad like this? At least you can tell me that.”

 

A flash of acknowledgement came across Hara’s eyes. But she blinked and it disappeared. Hara shrugged. “I guess I just don’t like you.” She said with casual tone.

 

The words made Junhyung became silent. Somehow, he felt that he hated to be disliked by Hara. He looked to other way as he his lips then looked back to Hara. “Ya. Why do you dislike me?” He asked with slight furious tone.

 

Somehow it made Hara to be bolder. She looked Junhyung on the eyes with anger gaze on her eyes. “I just don’t like you.” She said with deeper tone.

 

Junhyung wanted to reply back but then a call cut him off.

 

“Ya. Yong Junhyung.”

 

Junhyung looked around and saw Doojoon came toward them.

 

“You have awakened.” Doojoon said as he stopped beside Junhyung.

 

“Yeah.” Junhyung replied as he took a step apart from Hara. “Where were you?”

 

“Looking around.” Doojoon said then looked at Hara. “Aegi told me that the breakfast will be served soon.”

 

“Ah.” Hara seemed to understand. “I’ll take you there.” She said with a smile on her face.

 

Junhyung frowned when he saw the smile on Hara’s face. Her expression seemed to be softer than when she faced Junhyung.

 

“I’ll wake up my friends first.” Doojoon said.

 

“Alright. I’ll be waiting.”

 

Doojoon looked at Junhyung again. “You’re coming too?” He asked.

 

Junhyung just nodded. Doojoon turned and walked toward their room. Junhyung looked back at Hara then scoffed before he walked to follow Junhyung.

 

Hara just looked back at him when she heard his scoffed sound. She frowned as she saw the guy walked away. But then, she dropped her gaze and her gaze looked softer than she had before. A certain feeling came to her eyes and it felt like regret. Hara exhaled then turned to close the door behind her.

 

---

humani = Human (in Latin)

To all the subscribers and those who had commented, thank you so much. To all the silent readers, thank you for taking your time to look at my fic and read it. I really appreciate them all.

Enjoy~