In Magam Elena

Nox Aterrima : War of The Fallens - Discontinued

It was in the dark night on the forest. Some slim and light figures ran across the thickness of the forest. They were women in sight, using long dress on natural colors. Their hairs were long and flowing. Their faces were beautiful yet in fear. They were running as fast and as light as they could. There were some animals in many varieties ran with them. One of them who were the youngest among them all stopped and looked back. The white wolf that was running beside her stopped too and looked at the girl.

 

“Elena.” The white wolf growled as he called the girl’s name.

 

The girl looked at the white wolf. “I feel something, Howl.”

 

The wolf turned his gaze toward the darkness of the forest behind them. He growled as he felt something threatened from there too.

 

Elena gasped and turned to look at the white wolf. “Run!” She said then moved to run.

 

As soon as Elena reached the white wolf, the rain of the arrows in dim blue light was pouring at them. Some of the arrows hit the women and caused them to fall. But some of the arrows hit the animals, causing some of the women to fall even though they didn’t hit by the arrows. It seemed that the animals were connected with them. And as soon as they breathed their last breath, their body dissolved into mist.

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a figure with dark cloak appeared in the front of them and moved passed through them. The women stopped and turned as they saw the figure. None of them were feeling the presence of the figure. So they knew that the figure must have higher power than them.

 

Elena was running with the white wolf when she saw the figure approaching her. She stopped as she felt a great power from the figure on the front of her though she didn’t know it was for good or for bad. The figure slowed down and stopped in the front of her. For some moment, Elena froze to see the figure. Somehow she felt that nothing was threatened came from the figure. But then, she saw the figure started to move, bringing the hand out of the cloak. And at the same moment, Elena realized that something came toward her. She turned.

 

But it was already too late for her. A light arrow pierced through her heart just before a power barrier brought up to protect them all. Elena fell to the ground. She felt someone came near and she turned her head to see who was coming.

 

It was the cloaked figure. The figure kneeled beside her and opened the hood, revealing the beautiful man face behind the hood. His skin was pale but his eyes looked gentle. He smiled in the gentle way as he saw Elena. Elena saw his put his hand above her eyes, covering her sight from everything. And then, everything became too bright for Elena.

 

---

 

Hara took the six guys to the dining room after all the guys had wakened up. They walked through corridors and stairs again until they arrived on the front of big twin doors. Hara touched the door and pushed them inside to open.

 

The dining room was a big hall with hanging lamps above the ceiling. There were 9 tables laid across the room and all of them were filled by food. There were people, ladies or gents, olds or youngs, sitting around on each the tables. They were chatting and laughing as they ate. But when they doors were opened and they saw six human males, all of the chatters were stopped. All their gazes were fixed toward the door, including the group of girls with hunter dress that sat on the third table from the right.

 

Hara just smiled lopsided as she saw those gazes toward the guys. The news had spread that the last protector before those guys had died and the new protectors were six inexperienced guys that had arrived at the castle last night. And for the residents of the castle, all those six guys were so young and knew nothing with their tasks.

 

“Feel free to choose your seats.” Hara told them before she walked toward the table where the other hunters sat.

 

She smirked cynically as she saw the six guys felt awkward with all those gaze were fixed onto them. To be honest, Hara also looked down to them. The guys were too inexperienced and clueless with their tasks as the protectors. All the protectors that she had known were trained and chosen by the protectors before them.

 

Hara passed Elena who sat with the white wolf that laid his head on her lap then sat beside the youngest girl. Elena turned to see Hara as she brushed Howl’s head.

 

“You seem to be annoyed.” Elena said to Hara.

 

Hara looked at Elena. “If it wasn’t because of unnie’s order, I wouldn’t agree to show them around.”

 

Elena just smiled to hear that. She looked back toward the guys who had taken their seats on the empty spots on the table two tables away from them on the back. Intae was sitting on the same table with Aegi there. It seemed that Aegi had called the guys to join them.

 

“Thank you.” Doojoon said to Aegi as they sat on the empty seats around Aegi and Intae.

 

“You’re welcome. Surely you will feel awkward with all those gazes upon you.”

 

“Yes, we are.” Dongwoon said. He sat across Aegi, just beside Intae.

 

“They will eventually stop staring at you.” Intae said, earning him the attentions from the guys. “All of you are still new to the castle and it has been long enough since we have new members on the castle.” Then Intae seemed to realize something. “Ah, I haven’t introduced my self. I’m Jang Intae.”

 

“And we are…” Doojoon wanted to introduce him self and his friends, but Intae stopped his speech by raising his hand.

 

“No need. I already know who you are.” Intae smiled. “Please enjoy the breakfast.” He said then looked at Aegi. “I need to go now.”

 

Aegi just returned his smile with another smile and nodded. Intae stood up and walked away.

 

Dongwoon looked at the tall guy who had walked away before his eyes caught the presence of the girl who had opened the dimension portal last night. She was sitting beside Hara with a white wolf on her other side. She was chuckled as she put the food for the wolf up high above her head so the wolf had to jump to get the food. Dongwoon was sure that her name was Elena. But then he remembered that he didn’t have the chance to say thank you for her help last night when she pulled him down. So when he saw Elena stood up from her seat and walked toward the door along with some women and some animals, Dongwoon quickly stood up too.

 

Hyunseung who sat beside Dongwoon looked at him. “Where are you going? Are you done with your breakfast?”

 

“Yes.” Dongwoon said then he excused himself to the others and walked toward the door.

 

Elena just walked out from the dining room with Howl as she heard someone called her name. She stopped and looked around. She saw Dongwoon jogged approaching her.

 

"Elena?"

 

Elena turned to the woman with dark blue dress who had called her. The woman's gaze seemed to be stern. "It's fine. No harm. You can go ahead."

 

The woman just nodded then diverted her gaze to Dongwoon who almost approached them. She turned afterward and walked away with her eagle.

 

“Yes?” Elena said as the tall guy stopped in the front of her. “What’s the matter?”

 

“I just want to say thank you for saving my life last night.”

 

Elena smiled to hear that. “It’s fine.” She said. She felt Howl rubbed his head on her thigh. Elena looked down and patted the wolf’s head.

 

Dongwoon noticed that the wolf looked friendly toward Elena. “Is that your wolf?”

 

Elena looked at Howl then smiled gently. “His name is Howl.”

 

Dongwoon smiled to see Howl. “He looks tame.”

 

Howl stepped forward toward Dongwoon and looked up. Dongwoon dared himself to touch the wolf. Because Howl seemed to be unharmed for him, Dongwoon kneeled and patted the wolf.

 

“Is he your pet?” Dongwoon asked as he scratched Howl’s nape.

 

“He’s a part of me.”

 

Dongwoon’s gaze was back to Elena as he heard the words. “Part of you?”

 

Elena just smiled at him and started to walk again. Dongwoon was walking along with her.

 

“Actually, I’m coming from the witch race before I joined the Hunters. So I think it’s making me as one of the witches.”

 

Dongwoon nodded in understanding. He read from the Book of Life that the witches had their soul kept on the animal shape that they often called as Anima. They were immortal as long as their Anima didn’t get harmed. But when their Anima died, they would die along with their Anima. But then, Dongwoon was sure that he had read if the witches were on the opposite side.

 

“But, I thought the witches are bad.” Dongwoon asked.

 

Elena smiled. “Not really.” She said. “Not all of them were bad. Some of them were crossing the side actually.” She paused. “And one of them was me.”

 

Dongwoon just nodded again. But then, he remembered something back on the dining room.  The most right table from the door was occupied by big sized creatures with ugly faces. They were sitting side by side with some gorgeous and beautiful faced creatures in human form. But their ears were pointed. Dongwoon was sure that he ever saw their form on the movies. He was sure that they were Trolls and Elves. There were also Dwarves on the same table.

 

“Sorry to ask.” Dongwoon looked at Elena. “But it seems that many races live on this castle. I saw some trolls and elves on the dining room.”

 

“Indeed.” Elena replied him as they were walking down on the stairs. “There are other races beside Witches, Trolls, Elves and Dwarves that lives here. But human race is rare around here. In fact, you and your friends are the human race who stays here on this past 500 years.”

 

Dongwoon looked at Elena again with worried look. “Will it safe for us?”

 

The question made Elena laughed. But she laughed on the polite way with the back of her palm covered . She found that it was amusing question.

 

“You don’t need to worry about that. Most of the creatures that live on the castle are not dangerous. But even if they are dangerous, as long as you have the knowledge, you will know how to handle them.”

 

“Knowledge…” Dongwoon muttered the word as he nodded. “Ah.” He suddenly remembered about something. “Is there any place here where I can gain more knowledge about the creatures?”

 

“There is a library here.”

 

“Can you show me the way there?” Dongwoon asked.

 

Elena smiled and nodded. “Sure.”

 

---

In Magam = The Witch (in Latin)

To all the subscribers and those who had commented, thank you so much. To all the silent readers, thank you for taking your time to look at my fic and read it. I really appreciate them all.

Enjoy~