actus secundus

Nox Aterrima : War of The Fallens - Discontinued

 

On the hallow room with stone walls, a man with sharp red eyes was sitting on the high chair. He was tapping his fingers on the chair's armrest as if he was waiting for something while another hand was cupping his chin. There were another 2 chairs on his both sides. But those chairs were empty.

 

But then, his fingers’ tapping was stopped on his pointy finger.

 

He raised his red eyes and looked sharply to the twin big doors across of the room. The doors were opened and a slender man with pale skin and black suit entered the room. The man walked toward the high chairs.

 

“Master.” He said as he stopped.

 

“I’ve sensed it.” The red eyed man lowered the hand where the chin was rested. “Another protector was ordained.”

 

“I’ve sent the Furies to find him.”

 

“I don’t want him to be lived. Let the Furies kills him as they killed the former protector.”

 

The black suit man nodded. “I’ll make sure that no protector lives by the break of dawn tomorrow.”

 

“Go then.” The red eyed man said then continued with his deep threatened voice of his. “But make sure that you succeed. Or else…”

 

The black suit man bowed deeper. “I’ll make sure that I won’t let you down.” He said then turned around to leave.

 

***

Doojoon was walking on the street as he had finished his soccer practice. The day was late already. The night had fallen when he decided to go home. Doojoon used the time after the practice to sharpen his skill. He wanted to be a good soccer player.

 

He turned into a dark alley to take a short cut to his apartment. He always took the route to go home. It would cost him 10 minutes shorter than the usual route. But in the middle of the alley, his eyes caught something that he was sure it wasn’t supposed to be on the alley. Doojoon stopped and looked up. He saw a shape of statue that was quietly frightening.

 

It was a shape of a creature with folded wings on its back. The statue was squatting with its hands hanging on the both sides. Its hands were having talons instead of nails. Its human-shaped face was furious and intimidated as if it was snarling. But the statue looked so real. The bare skin was ivory and its eyes were sharply watching every Doojoon’s steps.

 

Doojoon dropped his gaze again and tilted his head as he walked again. He was so sure that the statue was not there before. He often took the route so he knew perfectly what things were at the alley. He was sure that something that so noticeable like that was not part of the alley before.

 

But then he heard something from his behind that made his shivering.

 

Doojoon stopped. He was sure that he heard a growl. But it wasn’t a dog’s growl. He turned and looked up to the statue again. This time, he saw the statue was actually snarled. It was a fury.

 

The fury turned its head toward Doojoon and growled again as its snarled. It crawled to face the young man. It sniffed and found a familiar scent. Its yellow eyes sparkled in ruby color and it growled as it showed its fangs.

 

Doojoon gasped as he felt no good attention from the creature. He stepped back as he saw the creature snarled. Doojoon turned and ran as he saw the Fury jumpedand went after him. But then, he fell. Doojoon turned and saw the fury came closer. He wanted to crawl away but the Fury was too close. It already raised his talons and wanted to stab Doojoon.

 

But then, before the Fury attacked, a clear, piercing sound was heard, dashing past Doojoon like a streak of moonlight. A silver arrow stabbed on the Fury’ shoulder, making him staggered backward while wailing in agony.

 

“Charged!”

 

Doojoon turned as he heard the voice of a lady from behind him. He saw some girls diagonally flew down from the sky. There were nine of them. Six of them armed with bows that were drawn toward the fury. They wore hunters’ suit with colorful cloak for each girl. As their feet touched the ground, they moved forward passing Doojoon toward the Fury. They started to shoot their arrows toward the flying Fury. Three girls stepped forward and flew toward the Fury with their swords & spear drawn.

 

Doojoon noticed that the archers’ arrows seem to be endless. Every time they shot one arrow another arrows appeared on their back. Their aims seemed to be very accurate. Even though there were two girls fighting up high with the Fury with their weapons, but the arrows that the archers shot were always hit the Fury instead of the girls.

 

Then another four girls arrived and stepped toward Doojoon. Two of them stopped right behind Doojoon and turned as if they were guarding something. One of them moved forward with her eyes on the battle between the girls and Fury. She had slim but graceful figure with light beige skin. On her long hair, she had a white ribbon braided along with her dark hair from the top of her front hair to the back and knitted as a ribbon. She turned her gaze at Doojoonand made the guy gasped with her beauty.

 

“Are you alright?” She asked with her soft voice, contrary with her stern and dangerous expression.

 

Before Doojoon could answer, another girl went straight to Doojoon, knelt beside him and checked on him. Doojoon looked at her. The other girl that knelt beside him smiled. Unlike the first girl, this girl had light skin and straight honey-coloredhair. When Doojoon looked at her, the girl smiled. She had sweet face and yet beautiful.

 

“Don’t be worried.” She said calmly and comfortingly as she checked upon Doojoon. “You will be safe.” Then she looked at the older girl. Her eyes seemed to be more serious. “The Fury didn’t leave marks upon him.”

 

Then a groan was heard. Doojoon looked at the Fury again. He saw the dark brown hair sword bearer girl managed to defeat the Fury and decapitated its head. The Fury it self had vanished as the dust. When the Fury had gone, the archers put their bows down. The sword & spear girls landed gracefully then went to the white ribbon girl. When the girls where stood in line, Doojoon realized that all the girls were so beautiful beyond a man’s imagination. Something radiated from them and made him amazed yet feared. But nothing harm came from them. Doojoon felt that they could be trusted.

 

“I sense enemies around in the air.” The spear bearerspoke to the light beige skingirl. There was a sea blueribbon tied on her hair. Her figure was tall, grace and slim. She was even taller from the white ribbon girl. But her face was cold. “We must hurry to the safe place.”

 

The white ribbon girl turned her gaze back to Doojoon. “Where’s the book?” She asked.

 

“What book?”

 

“The book that passed onto your trust. Where is it?”

 

Then they heard a roaring voice among the thunder. The archers and the fighters looked up. Even the girl who knelt beside Doojoon stood up as she heard the voice. She looked at the white ribbon girl which Doojoon had guessed that she was their leader.

 

“Unnie, we must leave now.” There was a warning tone on her voice. “The rest are getting closer.”

 

The white ribbon girl that called Unnie was Aegi. Shelooked again at Doojoon. “The book. Tell me.”

 

Suddenly Doojoon remembered about the book that Gikwang brought home yesterday. “Do you mean the old book with creatures drawn on the cover?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Yes. Where is it?” Aegiasked again.

 

“Hurry.” The hazel eyed girlwarned.

 

“It’s on my place now.” Doojoon said.

 

Then the girl with spear grabbed Doojoon’s shirt collar and pulled him up to stand. Doojoon surprised that the girl had greater power than him. As Doojoon stood on his two feet, she said, “Then led us the way to your place.”

 

There was something on her voice and her tone that made Doojoon feels that it was the matter of life and death.

 

“I-I’ll show you the way.” Doojoon said.

 

The girl let the collar go and looked at Aegi.

 

“Let’s go.” Aegisaid then she grabbed the guy’s arm and walked with him.

 

The light came from the archers’ bows, the sword and also the spear. As the light came out, the weapons were disappeared from the girls’ hands. They were started to follow Aegiand Doojoon.

 

As the girls walked out from the alley, their hunters’ clothes turned into more modern clothes such as jeans, t-shirts and others. There were so many people walking on the street. Aegistopped and looked around.

 

“We’ll blend.” Aegigave orders to the girls. “If you’re apart, follow my trailsor hurry back.”

 

The rest of the girls seemed to understand and started to walk leaving him behind with one of the archerwith red ribbon on her hair, the spear girl, the honey colored hairgirl, the hazel eyes sword bearer girl, the dark brown hair sword bearerand Aegi. Aegipulled Doojoon to walk on her side.

 

“Show us the way.” Aegisaid to Doojoon as she put her hand down.

 

Doojoon started to walk with Aegion her side while the other girls followed them behind. Actually there were many questions running inside Doojoon’s mind. But the serious look on the girls’ face made him unable to ask those questions to the girls.

 

“The creature was a Fury.” Aegispoke out as if she was answering one of the questions that Doojoon had in mind.Her voice was softer.

 

“Fury?”

 

“A mythology creature.” Aegisaid. “The furies were emerged from the anger of the death. I don’t think you will want to face them. Shefound you through the book’s scent on you.”

 

“But why?”

 

“It’s a long explanation.” Aegisaid. “But on shortest explanation, your life is no longer the same.”

 

“And what are you?” Doojoon asked.

 

Aegi smiled gently. “Don’t worry. We’re neither like those Furies nor their kinds.”

 

“Aegi.” The spear bearergirl called Aegi. “They’re coming closer.”

 

“The apartment is closer.” Doojoon said as he pointed to the high apartment building near them.

 

Aegi looked to the red ribbon girlthat walked not too far from them. “Miyu, distract the trails.”

 

“Alright.” Miyusaid then she stopped and disappeared among the crowds.

 

Suddenly, Doojoon heard a girl’s voice on his mind, ordering to start running.

 

Run~!

 

Doojoon looked at Aegi as he recognized the voice as Aegi’s while the other girls started to run. He grabbed Aegi’s arm and pulled the girl to face him.

 

“You talk through mind?” Doojoon asked.

 

“It’s a long explanation, I’ve said. If we’re not hurry, your friendsmight be in danger.” Aegi said.

 

Doojoon frowned as he heard Aegi mentioned about his friends. How did Aegi know that he was living with his friends?

 

“How…?” But hedecided not to question anymore. Somehow he was convinced that the girls would give him explanation about all that happen. He walked again with Aegi.But this time they walked faster as Doojoon didn’t want his friends to be harmed.

 

---

So sorry if I update this chapter before any of my other stories. I just want to release this part ideas~ ^^

 

To all the subscribers and those who had commented, thank you so much. To all the silent readers, thank you for taking your time to look at my fic and read it. I really appreciate them all.

Enjoy~