Actus Primus

Nox Aterrima : War of The Fallens - Discontinued

 

Lee Gikwang arrived on the apartment where he lived with 5 other friends of his. He just got back from groceries shopping. He opened the door and walked in as he saw the rectangle package that he got from strange old man that bumped at him earlier. He was frowning to see the package.

 

The wrapper was something that made from animal leather and seemed old enough. A silver lining rope tied the wrapper. The thing that wrapped inside was something rectangle. Not too thick and not too thin. It was also not heavy either. Gikwang felt curious with the package, especially when he remembered that the old man told him to keep it safely and take care of it.

 

Five young men around his age rushed to him as Gikwang arrived at the dining table and put his groceries there.

 

"What did you buy?" The guy with cute baby face asked then looked at the groceries bag. His name was Yang Yoseob.

 

Gikwang didn’t reply him and still put his interest on the package on his hand.He turned.

 

The second oldest among the six guys looked at Gikwang. Yong Junhyung was his name. He was wondered why Gikwang seemed to put more interest on the package on his hand than the food that he bought.

 

“What’s that?” Junhyung asked the younger boy, earning him looks from the other members.

 

“Something that given to me by an old man.” Gikwang answered him as he came to the kitchen table and put the package there.

 

Now his other friends seemed to be curious with the package. They were gathered around Gikwang. Gikwang touched the silver lining rope.

 

Dongwoon looked at him. “Hyung, are you sure it’s safe?”

 

Gikwang turned to see the youngest guy and shrugged. “But I don’t see any harms come from this.”

 

“It can be a bomb.” Hyunseung said.

 

Doojoon quickly looked at him. “Aish, don’t scare us with a lie like that.”

 

“Then, hurry opened it up.” Yoseob said as he clung onto Gikwang’s shoulder.

 

Gikwang just nodded then he pulled the silver lining rope to untie the package. After the silver lining rope released, Gikwang wanted to open the wrapper. But then, before he could open the wrapper, Yoseob ran out of his patience and clicked his tongue.

 

“Aish, can you do faster?” Yoseob muttered then opened the wrapper.

 

Finally the wrapper was opened, revealing the thing inside. It was a hard-covered old rectangle book. Gikwang brushed the book surface and took the book.

 

“A book?” Hyunseung asked.

 

“An old one.” Gikwang said.

 

“But the wrap seems old.” Dongwoon touched the leather wrapper and studied it. “It’s leather. An animal leather.”

 

The book was indeed an old book. The brown cover seemed to have aged. Gikwang turned the book to the front cover. There was a rectangle frame with circle inner frame on the front cover with picture of some unknown people. The frame was decorated with engraved shapes and there were two red stones on the top and the bottom circle inner frame. There was a title of the book. It was ‘Book of Life’. (Author's note: in case if you're wondering how the book is >> here)

 

“Book of Life?” Junhyung asked as he frowned. Unseen by them, the title glimmered as Junhyung mentioned the title. “Strange title.”

 

“What kind of book is this?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Collection poems about life?” Hyunseung guessed.

 

“I don’t know.” Gikwang said as he raised his gaze to look at his friends.

 

“Try to open it then we will know.” Yoseob said.

 

Dongwoon seemed to be agreed. Gikwang released a sigh then looked back to the book. He walked to the dining table and the book there. He took a deep breath and opened the book.

 

But when he opened the book, the page was empty.

 

“What?” Yoseob said to his surprise. He was held his breathe when Gikwang opened up the book. But when the page was empty, he felt a little disappointed.

 

Gikwang opened another pages. “It’s empty.”

 

“It’s not fun.” Hyunseung said as he exhaled in relief.

 

Doojoon pulled the book to him and looked at the pages. Junhyung touched the page surface.

 

“There’s nothing engraved on it too.” Junhyung said.

 

“Let me see.” Dongwoon pulled the book to his front. He was sitting across Gikwang. He turned the pages.

 

“I really thought there was something written on it.” Yoseob said.

 

“Like what?” Hyunseung asked the younger guy.

 

Yoseob shrugged. “Something magical, probably?”

 

Doojoon rolled his eyes and looked at Yoseob. “This is not a fairy tale, Yoseob. There is nothing such as magical.”

 

Dongwoon turned the pages to the most front page where he found something written on it. “Hyungs!”

 

The older guys looked at Dongwoon. Gikwang stood up and rushed to the youngest’s side.

 

“Look.” Dongwoon pointed to the verse that was written on the front page.

 

“In the shadows where evils hide

Behold the secret of the darkest night.

By the power of Three

I conjure thee.

Hear me the knight of light.

Reveal the secret that you hide.

Bless me with the power to fight.

To thee, I swear my life.”

 

Doojoon recited the verse then he looked at his friend. “What is this book?”

 

 

But unknown to them, a man was opened his beautiful eyes suddenly as he felt the power of protectors came back. He was sitting on the high chair by the fireplace on his room. A book was laid on his lap. He was slept before. He turned his gaze to the window. He did feel the power of the protectors’ return. He took the book and put it on the table then stood up from his chair. He walked toward the twin doors and opened the door.

 

When the doors were opened, he saw another man with black hair standing on the door across the hall. The other man was handsome with sharp jaw line and thick eyebrows. His face was manlier than him. The dark haired man was so different from his beautiful look. His name was Jung Yoonhak and the dark haired man across of him was Jang Intae.

 

“Do you feel it?” Yoonhak asked Intae.

 

Intae nodded. “We must tell Aegi.”

 

“No need.”

 

The two men turned as they heard the voice and saw a girl with Greek hunter cloth came toward them. Shin Aegi stopped between them.

 

“I already feel it too.” She said to the both men. “The verse has been recited. The protector has born.”

 

“Then we must find who ever he is now.” Yoonhak said as he lowered his hands.

 

Aegi nodded. “I’ll tell the Maidens to prepare.”

 

“Alright.” Yoonhak said then he looked at Intae. “Do you see anything?”

 

“No.” Intae replied him. “I’m sure the Maidens can find him through the scent.” Then he looked at Aegi. “But the other side is also moving. You must to hurry.”

 

“Then I’ll be leaving now.”

 

Yoonhak smiled gently. “Be careful.”

 

Aegi nodded then turned to walk away.

 

---

Hyaaa~ sorry to make this chapter ~ I'm kinda hurry to finish it.

Ah, if you're wondering about who Jung Yoonhak and Jang Intae are... Both of them are leaders from Choshinsung and Dalmatian.

 

 This is Jung Yoonhak

and this is Jang Intae.

 

 

To all the subscribers and those who had commented, thank you so much. To all the silent readers, thank you for taking your time to look at my fic and read it. I really appreciate them all.

Enjoy~