Prologue

Nox Aterrima : War of The Fallens - Discontinued

 

It was the dark confines of the night that were never quiet and never peaceful. In an area where the street lights and the light of neon signs did not reach, a man was running through the dark of the night. He ran as is he was running for his life. His steps were a little bit limping. His face was full of fear. He was sweating as he ran for miles. On his hands, he was holding something as if it was so dearly and important for him. He looked behind and kept running, thinking that he had to escape from something that was chasing after him. He wanted to escape. He must to escape.

 

Suddenly he was banged onto someone. He stumbled and almost fell but the one that he was banged onto quickly grabbed him to prevent him from falling down. He looked up and saw a pair of pure and honest eyes that he had ever seen.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

The man looked at the young guy that stood on in the front of him. The young guy was frowned. He seemed to be worried despite of being annoyed with the man beggar's attire.

 

But the young guy's eyes... He could be trusted.

 

The man quickly pushed the square thing that he brought to the young guy's chest.

 

"Keep it on the safe place and take care of it." He told the young man.

 

The young man seemed wanting to ask question. But the man didn't have much time. He quickly ran again with his limping feet, leaving the young man. He had to be away from the young man. He had to leave as soon as possible before they found that it had been not on his possession anymore. So he ran and ran, away as far as possible from the young man.

 

As he reached another quiet alley, he heard shrieks from a far. He stopped and turned his gaze above the dark sky. He felt something drawn near. But then, a look of recognation came across his face.

 

"There they are." He smirked victoriously. "They've managed to after me." He chuckled then stretched out his hands. "Come and get me."

 

From the sky, figures of non-human creature with bat wings, claws and mouth full of fangs dove toward the man. They were shrieking and their sharp talons pierced through the man's skin. The man was standing still and even didn't try to avoid the furies attacks.

 

Suddenly, 6 silver lights appeared around the place. The lights turned to be figures of young women with ancient Greek hunter clothes. When the light subsided, they quickly raised their weapons. 2 girls that brought swords, quickly charged their way toward the furies. The other 4 that brought bow, quickly raised their bows. They aimed at the furies and pulled the string. An arrow shape formed on their own bows.

 

One of them who was having light beige skin released her arrow as if she was giving a signal for the others to start shooting too. Soon the rain of arrows started to pour on the furies. Wailing and shrieking of pain filled the alley. The sword bearers were also fighting against the furies. Every furies that touched by the swords or the arrows turned into yellow dust and evaporated.

 

The light beige skin archer raised her bow to the top of the building and released her arrow. A shriek in pain was heard and yellow dust was seen on the midst air. It was the last furies that tried to escape after hunted the old man. She lowered her bow then turned to see her friends who were already gathered around the old man.

 

"How is he?" She asked.

 

The sword bearer that kneeling turned her cold hazel eyes to her. She had the fairest skin among them all and she got white accent on her dark hair. "He had died, AeGi."

 

A look of grief came to light beige skin archer face that had been called AeGi by her friend. "Bless his soul."

 

"But it seems that the book is no longer at his possesion." The other sword bearer with straight honey-colored hair said then looked at AeGi. "What should we do?"

 

AeGi looked at the other archer who stood on her side. "What do you feel, Elena?"

 

"The book had been passed." Elena, the dark brown hair archer, said. "But I cannot feel its presence."

 

"So it's still well-kept." AeGi said then looked at her friends. "We need to withdraw now." Then her gaze came to the old man who laid down on the concrete floor. Her gaze turned softer. "We need to give him the proper burial as The Protector." She looked at the fair skin sword bearer. "Hin, bring him back."

 

The fair skin sword bearer that AeGi called Hin nodded. She looked back to the man and put her palm on his chest.

 

The silver light shone again and the girls were disappeared along with the old man body, leaving the alley to be as quiet as before.

 

---

Afterwords:

Ah, I'm leaving you with this short paragraphs for the fic introduction. I hope it can be better, but my brain failed me as I need to put it on romance mode to update the other 2 ongoing fics~ But I hope you will enjoy the story. And I'm clueless with this fic as I still haven't design the plot. But I sincerely hope that you will like the story.

To all the subscribers and those who had commented, thank you so much. To all the silent readers, thank you for taking your time to look at my fic and read it. I really appreciate them all.

Enjoy~

and off I go to write new updates~ ^^