Recover

Forever and Always: God's Love (2/3)

The first week didn’t turn out so good. The first day was the worst—pain, lots of falling, and plenty of new bruises. Day two, three, four, and five were the same. Amber couldn’t get her legs to move properly and work together with her feet. But on the sixth day there was some improvement.

Okay, I’m going to get it this time,Amber thought to herself as she gripped onto the metal bars, her legs wobbling ferociously. Her fingers were white as she held tighter onto the bars that were helping her stabilize herself.

“Come on babe, you can do it!” Key called from the end of the long hallway. He was hurting, seeing his wife like this, but he knew she was strong enough to overcome the challenge. He could just understand her like that.

Amber took her first step of courage for Day Six. She sighed and smirked. One more step… two… three… four… five…

Key witnessed his wife stumble a little bit. He almost ran out to catch her and help her up, but Amber was able to catch herself before she face-palmed the floor. Her heart was pumping from adrenaline. That was the most steps she had taken since she started this treatment. She smiled triumphantly as she started to steady out, and her feet began to move on their own. But there were the moments when she tripped and fell. She denied Key’s help; she was determined to get herself fixed since she was the one to cause such harm. But I wasn’t the one who did this to me; it was those jerks at the club. Although, if I hadn’t gone, then they wouldn’t have ever met me and beaten me to near-death. So it kind of was my fault.

Tears built up in Amber’s eyes. She didn’t mean to get hurt. She was just too proud to admit that somebody was better than her. She wiped her tears away and sniffled. She was standing right in front of Key now. He was smiling triumphantly, but sadness was in his eyes. He noticed Amber’s tears and blood-shot eyes. He felt even worse for the beauty in front of him.

“Don’t cry Amber. Look, you made it! You’re in front of me. You’ve made it all the way down the hall. Why don’t we go get you some lunch, baby? I’m sure you’re hungry.”

Amber smiled at Key and nodded gently. She sure was hungry. She hadn’t eaten any breakfast because she wanted to get to the hall so she could walk sooner and get it done quicker. As a result, Amber’s stomach growled loudly. She and Key laughed together.

“Ah, I love my Amber,” Key sighed, hugging Amber close. He pecked her on the lips before holding her hand. Amber was bewildered why he took her hand at first, but understood in a few quick seconds. She smiled and let go of the metal bar with her left hand. She waited before taking a single step. It was closer to a shuffle with one foot. But she still took it. Key smiled happily. Amber was improving quickly.

On the second step, she almost stumbled. Her legs felt like jelly and she could barely support herself, but Key was there to help. He got her to stand up straight again. Amber took a deep breath and with her next step, felt just a little bit stronger. She nervously smiled as her steps got closer and closer to ten, twenty, and then thirty. By the time she reached one hundred, they were at the elevator. Amber filled with happiness, all of it nearly flowing over. She smiled at Key and rapped a little for success. Key chuckled at his wife’s silliness.

Sure Amber was silly, but she was strong, independent, courageous, and very kind. She had her side only Key knew, that’s personal.

 

Day Seven turned out better than planned. Instead of just one hallway, Amber got to cruise through three. She felt too happy for words and got on an adrenaline rush. She couldn’t sleep that night, thanks to her loyal husband. He kept her awake. No, not by that way (even though he wanted to). He sang to her, rapped, and danced for her. He thought that if she saw him moving his legs a lot she’d be able to recover faster. Amber just enjoyed the show.

 

*One month passed*

She walked down the hall with newfound confidence. The previous day she had walked around her room fifty times without tripping, stumbling, or falling on her face. She was rarely making any mistakes now. She was amazing the doctors since they had predicted that it would take months for her to get better. They were baffled, but also very proud of her. But do you know was prouder?

Key. He couldn’t have felt more excited. His wife was finally beginning to recover from her pain and hurt, and she was able to walk herself down the stairs by herself. She used the rail in case she unexpectedly tripped.

Since she was getting better, Key had been planning a date for them. It was more of an SM Entertainment meeting, but he also had something planned for after the meeting.

They walked out to the awaiting car with Sulli, Krystal, Minho, and Taemin inside. Key helped Amber get down the stairs.

The watching crowd peered at the two of them holding hands. Most of the onlookers were fans waiting for see Amber walk again after almost a month and a half away from everything. They girls gasped when they saw Key. They started suspecting things right away, but it wasn’t like Key cared, he had to take care of his wife; she needed it.

The moment the car door closed, Key lowered the window to yell to all of the fans, “Go to the Han River! Something special is going on there!” With that, he rolled up the window, and since they were tinted and no fans could see inside, got a kiss from Amber.

“Why do you want them to go to the Han River?” Amber asked with her head against Key’s shoulder.

“You’ll see. Just play along, okay?”

“No, tell me. Does have anything to do about a performance? Cos I’m not performing if it is.”

“No,” Key laughed, Amber’s soft blonde hair. She had gotten it re-dyed. “It could be something close to a concert, but not really. It’s an SM meeting. Just wait.”

Amber sighed and decided to play along with Key. “Alright, whatever you say.”

Key smiled and kissed the top of her head, still too proud to put into words. But that smile disappeared quickly. He didn’t know how SM would react. Especially Lee Soo Man, the most feared man in SM Entertainment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yah! I'm still here, if you forgot about me ^^" I just haven't been able to get to this story as much as the others I have--school's getting in the way -.-" But at least I have chapter 3 ready~~~ Just give me a few minutes, and I'll have it posted up ;)