Miracle

Forever and Always: God's Love (2/3)

Sorry it's so short. I'm running on a timed schedule right now, and I really don't have anything else in my mind to put in chapter 1, so I'm just going to make chapter 2 extra long, okay? Alright, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[RECAP]

Key peeked his head in wither wonder, but was still sad. He froze the moment he heard:

“Ki Bum oppa.”

Could it be…?

[PART 2, FOREVER AND ALWAYS]

Key’s heart beat fast. Never had he heard anything sound so beautiful. He looked up at the eyes staring back at his. Only three people were in the room: Key, Dr. Lee, and Amber.

“A-Amber…” Key whispered, disbelieving what he was seeing. His supposed-to-be dead wife was sitting up in bed, smiling at him. She had the brightest eyes and the biggest smile. It was as if she had been given a new life to live, one where she could start over and make it all better.

“Ki Bum oppa, come in.” Oh, and her voice! It was so silky smooth, but also like the one she had before. Key was mortified at what he was seeing, but only because he thought he was dreaming. He was also the most excited man alive; his wife was alive after being told she was supposed to die.

Amber giggled a bit. “Come on in. That’s a demand, not a request. Your wife needs to see her husband.”

At those words Key dashed in the room. He attacked Amber with hugs and eventually tears of joy came. Dr. Lee just stood back and watched as Key and Amber hugged in pure joy. He was amazed that Amber was still alive himself. He was positive that the test results were right—Amber was going to die. But there she was, alive, sitting up, laughing, and smiling. He really had no other explanation than it being the work of God himself.

And as a plus, there was no more blood in her skull. She was perfect again.

Key kissed Amber more than necessary, but neither of them cared. What mattered most was that she was alive. Unbelievably, but she was still alive.

“Amber,” Key whined into her hair. “How are you alive? I thought you were dead.”

“God sent me back. I saw him Ki Bum oppa. I saw God. And Jesus too. They were both so beautiful, and so was Heaven. I saw family there, and I also saw our baby. She was beautiful, Ki Bum oppa. She was absolutely gorgeous,” Amber said in one breath, sighing after letting it out. It was true that she had died and gone to Heaven, and also that she met God and Jesus. But she never asked to go back; they sent her back. They saw how much Key was going to need her in the future and sent her back, just so she could be with him. That was how much God cared about his loyal followers.

Key believed every word Amber spoke, but he really didn’t pay much attention to it. He was too caught up in her and her smell. It had never smelled that wonderful. And the way she felt in his arms—pure bliss, and definitely Heaven on Earth.

Dr. Lee had to interrupt the happy couple to tell them what would happen for the next few months.

“Mr. Kim, it’s amazing how she’s alive at the moment, it really is, but she isn’t completely healed yet.”

Key let go of Amber and looked at Dr. Lee skeptically. “What do you mean?” He feared for the worst once again.

“Amber needs some… treatment, as you might put it. She has to learn how to walk properly after what she went through. Some tissue in her leg muscles was destroyed and a few of her bones were severely cracked. Thankfully wasn’t damaged; that would mean that she wouldn’t be able to talk. But if she goes through intense treatment for the next few months, she should be able to walk as well as she did before the accident. We’ll be starting it tomorrow at eight o’clock A.M. You may come if you want. She may need your support.” Dr. Lee smiled at Amber and Key and left the room.

Key turned back to Amber, and she started apologizing all over again. “I’m sorry, Oppa. I shouldn’t have gone out there. I should’ve been a good wife and listened to you. Now I’m in the hospital as a disabled who can’t walk, let alone dance. And if I don’t go through with the treatment then I’ll lose my job and I’ll have to live with you and SHINee and I’ll be invading your space and it’ll turn up as a scandal between us and I’ll ruin everything and—”

Key kissed her. He couldn’t take it anymore; he didn’t want to hear her whine about how she’d ruin his life is she had to move in with him—he didn’t care, as long as she was safe and alive. That was all she cared about.

They parted and Amber just gazed at him sadly. “… I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing Amber. I don’t care what happens to our jobs, as long as we can stay together. I can live with you being disabled and living with SHINee. The people can say it’s a scandal all they want; they won’t know the truth until we tell them the real story, alright? They can deal with ignorance for the moment; they’ve lived with it plenty of times before.” Key gave her a reassuring smile and kissed her again. She melted into the kiss, closing her eyes and kissing him back.

This was just the beginning of recovery for Amber Josephine Liu.