03

The Last Time

When right before your eyes,
I'm aching, run fast
Nowhere to hide
Just you and me

 

 

We were at the swings in the village where we live. We were standing face-to-face. It was 12:30 in the morning. No one was outside. It was just the two of us. The world was awfully quiet. I could hear my heartbeat. It’s been a week since I saw her after the incident. Her eyes were empty. I couldn’t see what see was feeling inside. It was like she was gone from me. I got scared. I just stood her taking her image in. I don’t want to lose her but I made a mistake. I hope she forgives me. Then she opens .

“let’s end this.” She says and walks away

I could feel my heart breaking as she left me. It hurt so much that I could barely breathe. With her gone, I felt bare and empty. I felt so vulnerable. It was like the world can easily break me.

When she was out of my sight, I sat down on one of the swings and cried. It hurts. I just lost a huge part of me.

She has always been there for me, even before I became a star.

She supported me in everything I did.

And in one moment of weakness I lost her.

I was so blinded by fame that I lost track of what was the most important thing in my life. Her.

I didn’t put an effort in our relationship.

She was the one who always pulled the string whenever I went a astray from our relationship.

She had always understood me and my situation.

She accommodated my needs and wants.

She never asked for more.

She was contented with the time and attention that I was giving her.

She never asked more from me because she understood.

And I took advantage of that.

The result? I lost her.

She had always loved and cared for me. She was always there. And yet, I thought she never loved and cared for me. She did all the effort and I was stupid for being blind to see that.

I was selfish. I kept taking from her without giving something back to her.

She was never materialistic. She had always said to me

“I don’t need gifts. I’m not materialistic. As long as we get spend some time together. I’m happy”