The truth

Road To Your Heart (HIATUS)

TWO HOURS BEFORE...

Sehun walked out of the car then walked towards the door. Suddenly, he heard voices inside. 

"I didn't see her on that school."

Sehun frowned then leaned a bit.

"Let's ask for the list of senior students on every school."

"That's just a waste of time."

"What's her name again?"

"Lee Joohee."

Sehun's ears perked up. He opened the door then went inside with his face on. "What were you guys talking about?"

The boys wearing black suit and tie stood up then bowed. Sehun slipped his hand inside his pocket. "What about the girl? Lee Joohee?" he asked.

One of the boys tilted his head. "You know him, sir?"

Sehun looked at him, eyes were piercing like usual. "No."

The leader, bowed his head a bit then started speaking. "Sir, Lee Joohee is the daughter of Lee Sung Ji. The one who killed your father."

"He's not my father." Sehun gnarled.

The leader continued. "Your father told us to hunt Joohee and kill her."

Sehun looked at him. "Why would you even kill an innocent girl who did nothing?"

The boys lowered their heads.

"That's her father who killed Oh Jong Suk, not her." Sehun tilted his head.

The leader bit his lips. "But sir-"

"You worked for Jong Suk, you worked for my mom, now you work for me. I am the one who's going to tell you what to do and not obey the dead person's word." Sehun emphasized every word.

The leader looked up with piercing eyes. "Sir, you know nothing but-"

"But what? Don't you dare spit a word you would regret in the end." Sehun glared at him. "Yeah, he's not my real father. But I took his surname. So whether I'm his step son or not, you will obey me because I am an Oh. He left everything to me, not you, or them. Follow my words, not the one who's already dead." Sehun glared at each one of them then walked upstairs.

The leader glared upstairs. The other guys looked at him. "What are we going to do now?"

"Let's still follow Jong Suk-ssi's words. We know everything. Why would we follow a 19 year old boy's commands?" the leader spat.

*** 

Sehun parked his car then walked out with his keys. He slipped his hands on his pockets then started walking. Suddenly, he saw a familiar girl parking her motorcycle. He squinted his eyes a bit and recognized the girl. *Lee Joohee.* Sehun walked towards her way. He purposely bumped into her and she looked up with a glare and annoyed face. After a few moments, she rolled her eyes then walked away.

"Wait." he called.

For a couple of minutes, they talked for a while. He told her he's there just in case she needed help, but it seems liked she doesn't want any help. After the talk, Joohee walked away, leaving him behind. Sehun sighed then watched her walked away. *I never liked my step father... not even for once.* He wanted to say. He turned around then went back to his car.

Joohee stopped by the bench then she sat down. She her dry lips then looked around. Everyone's having fun. Suddenly, a guy sat beside her. She turned her head instantly and saw Min Joon, her father's good friend.

"Hi, how are you."

Joohee sighed in relief. "I'm good. How about you, uncle?" she asked, voice as stern as usual. 

Min Joon shrugged. "We're good. You know, you're always welcome on our home."

Joohee shook her head. "I'm fine. Absolutely fine. Can't you see I'm still complete like when my dad left me?"

Min Joon chuckled. "But you are worrying us, Joohee."

"I don't want anyone to get involve, okay? I can handle myself. I'm 18, not 8." Joohee rolled her eyes.

Min Joon sighed. "Fine, fine. Just...give me a call if you need any help. Ok, Joohee?"

Joohee rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." she mumbled then cleared .

Min Joon grinned the ruffled her hair. "I'll go now. Bye!" he waved then walked away.

Joohee looked straight ahead then took a deep breath. *Why is everyone asking if I need help. Dammit I can handle myself.* She inwardly growled then stood up.