Kissing Death and Losing my Breath

Asphyxiation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 4th, 2014. 10:49PM

 

He sees her walking into school and draws a breath between his teeth.

 

Who was this girl? She sure as hell didn’t go here, or else he would’ve remembered her. Is she new?

 

Deciding to ditch class for an undeniably more interesting activity, he shoots a quick text to his friends, before sauntering out of class. The teacher didn’t give him a second glance, as the school’s teachers were the best of the best, and only cared about results.

 

He waits for his classmates at the schoolyard, in front of a glacial, crystal water fountain. Feeling restless, he draws out a cigarette and was on the verge of fully pulling one out before he heard, “Yo, Kai.”

 

Kai reluctantly jostled the cigarette back into its box, and turned around to greet his bestmates.

 

“What’s this girl you’re talking about?”

 

With a lazy drawl, Kai replies, “She is literally the hottest thing I have ever seen. And that’s saying something.”

 

How shallow.

 

What is love?

What is sensuality?

 

And if you’re in love.

Then you’re the lucky one.

Because most of us are.

Bitter over someone.

 

May 5th. 10:13PM

 

She walks into the library and in a deep breath. The trembling has stopped but the taste in remains and this is why she quit smoking, was going to quit smoking, tried to quit smoking.

 

The taste lingers and lingers and lingers and the longer it stays, the more the memories come rushing back until she can’t breathe.

 

She could feel its onset and rushes into a private room before anybody could question her.

 

Inside, her breaths come shallower and her heart beats faster and all she can think about is Oppa and Oppa and Oppa and his heartless lies of promises.

 

Oppa. Why did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter