Trance

Asphyxiation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(2 months later)

xxx

She's sitting on a white leather couch swirling a cup of wine in her glass. 

Two swirls to the right. One swirl to the left. Sip. Repeat.

Before she'd gotten the wine, Jongin had warned her.

"Don't you dare ing spill that on my couch,"

and she takes care not to let a single drop drip.

She's in Jongin's apartment, watching the sun set down the hills in the distance.

The sun left reluctantly, kissing every single patch of earth with its rays, before wilting below the horizon.

Even after the circular imprint dropped below the horizon, the rays of light remained, casting the world into twilight.

Hinges creak behind her, and she turns around, to be greeted by the sight of Jongin carrying a twin glass of wine.

He speaks, and she finds herself focusing on the timbre of his voice for a while, rather than listening to his words.

"------to the end."

(A pause)

"Say that again, Jongin? I didn't catch it the first time."

(Another pause)

"You know I'll always love you until the end."

She's partially frightened that he could say that so easily.

"You don't know what you're saying, Jongin."

"I think I do."

"You don't. You don't know what love means. None of us do. I sure as hell don't. You can't love someone who doesn't even know what love means."

"All I know, is that you're slipping away. To Chen? That, I don't know. But you're fading away again."

(Coldly) "Jongin. My moods are not even your business. I could be menstruating, for all you know."

"I think not."

"You don't know me Jongin."

And even as she said it, she knew it was a lie.

"I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter