Chapter 6

Hanbin Fluff One Shots

“So what have you got planned for me today?” I asked, smiling at Hanbin.

He had just surprised me at my home, holding flowers and a teddy bear. He smiled and stepped towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and giving me a quick kiss.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” he teased before pulling away and grabbing my purse, heading towards the front door. I looked at him, surprised.

“You never hold my bag,” I mused, and he turned around, sticking his tongue out.

“It’s your special day today; you won’t be carrying anything.” I smiled and hurried to catch up with him, linking my arm with his as we left.

We made our way to the park and started walking through it. A fresh layer of snow had settled down, and a shiver ran through my body. Hanbin pulled his arm from mine and reach into his own bag, pulling from it two thermoses of scalding hot chocolate. I took it gratefully and Hanbin grabbed my free hand with his own, lacing his fingers with mine before putting them both in his warm coat pocket.

We walked around for a bit, enjoying the beauty of the snow and chatting with each other, until my stomach suddenly growled. Hanbin laughed, and soon we headed towards the nearest bakery. The aroma of newly baked bread filled my senses and warmed me up. We ordered multiple different kinds of bread and tarts and then sat down, trying each other’s. When we had had our fill, we headed back out, but this time in a different direction.

Hanbin would not answer me as I quizzed him on where we were going – he just told me to be patient. When we finally reached our destination, my jaw fell and I looked at Hanbin, who was smiling at me. I looked back at the view in front of me: a tall, sloping hill that overlooked the snowed-in city. I was stunned at the beauty, but the best part came next; the sun started to set, casting a gorgeous glow of red, yellow, and orange across the snow. Hanbin pulled me back to sit down on a bench he had cleaned off and laid a blanket upon. His arm went around my shoulders and I snuggled into him as we watched the stunning sunset. When it was over we headed back to my house.

“Thank you so much,” I said, smiling at Hanbin, “I really had fun today.”

“I did too,” he said before leaning in and gently pressing his lips to mine. He then pulled away and smiled.

“Happy Birthday.”