Jail

I Have a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The group of singers and dancer was getting stronger as the days passed by. Different music was brought in, and soon many other songs were composed by people other than Kiseop. Seeing the rebelling group, other groups were formed to perform at places simultaneously and due to the large numbers rebelling more people were being locked up in prisons.

Many a time Minyoung felt conflicted, she didn’t want to be held responsible but seeing the passion of fire and freedom in the eyes of her people, her confidence would jump right up.

 

All her efforts were going well until they heard news of a rebel being hanged to death.

 

“Minyoung…”

Jia mumbled softly.

She could see that her friend was troubled. She could see that although she was sad there was anger in her.

“I don’t know if I should do this Jia.” Minyoung mumbled in return. “They killed him. He wrote songs for us. They thought he was responsible.”

“There is still Kiseok.” Jia tried.

“It’s not about that!” She glared at her friend.

Jia knew what it was about. It was about life and death. It was about the state thinking that death would scare them away from rebelling even more. It had only been a month, but the enormous support that they were getting from their kind was increasing exponentially.

“Minyoung…” Jia tried again.

“Noona…” They both turned to see the owner of the voice. The adolescent boy. And behind him was their group watching them in hope. “Noona, I am not afraid to die.”

The statement came by shock to her. And seeing her face, the boy spoke again.

“I knew it would cost my life. We all came here after knowing all consequences.”

“You can’t change our minds. Because like you, we want our children to see the risen sun.”

“It is our freedom over our lives Minyoung. Don’t fall back now.”

Minyoung watched each and every one them speak. And although she did not want any of her people to die, they were right. It was freedom over life. She wanted Youngshin to see the brighter sun. As a human she could pull back, not wanting to hurt anyone, but as a mother she would fight the gods of death if need be.

Because as a parent, as a mother, Minyoung knew she had to through to the end.

She stood up to address the people with renewed confidence. She watched that every face held hope and passion. Every eye possessed fire. Every body had the vigor to conquer whatever was thrown at them. She couldn’t let these people down. She just couldn’t.

 

“Then let’s fight for the rising sun!”

 

 

 

 

More people were thrown in jail, people from her group who were not fast enough to escape, and although human instinct to retreat would appear every now and then, the motherly instinct stayed intact giving her the push to sing louder, to sing harsher, to sing of freedom.

Often she felt that her people would resort to violence, but she had to be quick to resolve them and explain that if one had to resort to violence it would all lead to civil war.

And knowing that the people were not equipped with means of war, they had to fight a battle of no guns and bullets.

“Even if they shoot us, WE WILL NOT USE VIOLENCE!” Minyoung shouted at the crowd who were standing on the fields of an abandoned estate. “Let’s show them the fight and battle of this land. A battle that would compelled them to fall into their own shame and disgust. And no matter what we do, we will NOT give up our pride to mindlessly fight them with our bodies.”

Minyoung shouted over the crowd. Next to her Jia was standing giving her support.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter