It is time...

I Have a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jung Kiseok watched his son lie peacefully in his sleep, still clutching onto his story book. Youngshin had his mother’s features and very few of his father’s. But he did not mind that. His wife was beautiful and he was glad that his son inherited the right genes.

Kiseok leaned to his shelf and grabbed a notebook.

It was a notebook in which he wrote music.

No, he was not a musician, he never learnt music. His kind were never allowed to study, but he had passion to create and make music.

Waiting for the new sun

It was his current song. A song filled with sorrow but hope that one day his people would see hope and see a better country.

But it was only in Minyoung he saw the passion to see the new sun.

 

 

 

 

“Kiseok! What are you doing?” The young girl crawled up to him.

“Stop bothering me! You are so annoying.” A frustrated Kiseok pushed Minyoung away, while hiding his notebook.”

“Were you writing something?” The roughness in his actions and words did not stop Minyoung from coming back to him in excitement and curiosity. “Waahh….Kiseok! When did you learn how to write? Teach me also!”

Kiseok stared at the girl how was struggling to grab the book out of his hands and in his moment of observing, he did not realise that Minyoung grabbed the book out of his hands and sat next to him, going through the pages.

“What does this say?” There was glee and happiness in her eyes. The fire of curiosity burning, carefully going through everything. “Tell me Kiseok! What does it say?”

It did not surprise Kiseok that Minyoung did not know how to read. And the fact that he had learnt how to, was a huge accomplishment in the eyes of his people. Reading and learning was something he did by peeking through the cracks of the ceiling where he would lie down on and see inside the class.

It was his secret. He liked learning, and he would do anything to learn.

“How do you write my name?” Minyoung asked breaking his thoughts.

“In English?” Minyoung nodded.

He took his book back and carefully wrote M-i-n-y-o-u-n-g for her to copy.

“Let me try?” There was excitement in her voice.

“Sure.”

 

Minyoung was definitely a person of sunshine, and always looking forward to the new sun.

 

 

 

 

“Did eomma leave?” Youngshin spoke in a sleepy voice, breaking Kiseok’s thoughts.

“Did you want to see her?” He turned to face his son, who was now yawing widely.

Youngshin nodded to the question. He rubbed his face and then got up.

“Do you want some tea?”

“Youngshin…” His voice was stern. “I told you to not touch the kettle. Do you make tea behind my back?”

“Appa…I do it all the time.” Youngshin gave Kiseok a quick hug and a kiss on his cheeks. “Halabeoji lets me.” He grinned. “And he said I make good tea. I will make tea for you.” He cheekily smiled before running into the kitchen.

Kiseok couldn’t do much but sigh. He could not run after him…he could not-

He rather not think about such.

“Youngshin! What do you want to learn today?” He shouted from his bed.

“MATHS!” Kiseok grinned at the answer. Youngshin had developed a passion for maths and there was no way he could stop his son from going after the math.

“But we did it yesterday!”

“We can als- OW!”

“Youngshin! Are you hurt? Get away from the kettle now!” Kiseok desperately and fearfully shouted.

“I am fine appa…” There was a weak voice.

“Youngshin. Co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter