The seed has been planted

I Have a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days passed by and Kiseok had not seen Minyoung. He understood that the woman needed her space to truly accept and absorb that her father won’t be around anymore.

“Youngshin!” He called out to his son, looking for something desperately.

“Yes?”

“Have you seen my notebook?” He asked, searching through the small pile of Youngshin’s notebooks of work and a few sheets of paper.

“The one where you write music?” He nodded. “I haven’t seen it.” Youngshin mumbled, moving closer to help his father look for that notebook.


 

 

 

“Are you sure about this Minyoung?” Jia asked her friend, in concern and fear.

“I have never been surer.” There was poison and danger in that tone. A tone that could gather so much will and courage that any obstacle would seem minute in front of her.

“I am not sure about this Minyoung…” She watched as Minyoung close the jar of paint, walking away from Jia.

“I never asked you to accompany me in the first place Jia.” There was a bite. There was a harshness. And despite the strong, cold demeanour…Minyoung was broken. Her eyes were screaming grief and pain.

Jia watched her friend walk away from her. She turned to look at what she wrote…

Waiting for the new sun…

 

 

 

“Youngshin, are you sure you didn’t throw it away by accident?” Kiseok asked his son.

“I am sure appa. I didn’t throw anything out to begin with.” Kiseok frowned. Where was his notebook?

 

 

 

“Minyoung…maybe you are going too far with this. You will be arrested if you keep going. This is vandalism!” Jia tried to reason with her friend.

“You are right.” Jia was taken aback at the comment. “I need to stop.” Minyoung turned to look at her. Grief was now replaced with fire in her eyes. “If I continue, I would go to jail and I will never be able to continue with this.” Minyoung threw the brush away. “I will find something else.”

Jia didn’t know what to say. Yes she was glad that Minyoung would stop the act but she would still continue.

Please don’t do something that would make you regret.

 

 

 

 

“MINYOUNG! COME HERE THIS INSTANT!” The master shouted out to her, demanding her to come up.

“Where you today? You were supposed to be here.” The master spoke in anger, gritting his teeth, taking off his robe.

“I was away.” She answered coldly, deliberately not adding master at the end of the sentence.

“Well now that you are here, you have something to do.” He signalled her to come onto his bed.

 

Minyoung said nothing. Minyoung did nothing.

 

“Come here…” The master gritted again.

 

Minyoung said nothing. Minyoung did nothing.

 

“I SAID COME HERE! YOU ING BI-”

“No.” Minyoung cut his words, startling and shocking him.

“What?” He asked in disbelief, anger was rising quickly within. But that did not scare Minyoung. “What did you say to me? You said NO?” He got up, wanting to grab Minyoung by the hair.

“I SAID NO!” Minyoung grabbed his hand, and using her other hand to choke him by the neck. “I ING SAID NO!”

“Y-you w-wo-rk-” The master choked.

“I worked for you…master.” There was something in her eyes that made the master seem uncomfortable and scared of the low life. “I will leave today.” And with that she left him, he was breathing loudly for air as she walked past the disbelieving looks from her ex-co-workers. 

 

 

 

 

I have a long way to go but

Why am I running in place?

I scream out in frustration

But the empty air echoes

I hope tomorrow will be different from today

I’m just wishing

 

Minyoung read the words of the song from the notebook. Kiseok taught her how to read, and never was she more grateful as she was now.

She could read.

And she would sing these very same words…right now.

 

She looked around. It was an overly elite place of the city. Cars, expensive clothes, feathers in hats…it screamed elite.

And in the middle of nowhere…Minyoung sat down, with an overturned bucket as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter