018

I'm Yours

"This is weird. Why am I even doing this again?" He thought to himself as he watched the girl before him as they ate breakfast.

If it was any other day in the past, he would've finished eating and left her alone. It doesn't matter anyway for his mother as long as he eats breakfast although she would tell him before that he should leave with Chaeyeon. Now, his mother didn't even bother anymore because she knew how he really disliked the girl, although now, it might've changed a little bit, but she didn't need to know. He didn't need anyone prying on his business anymore. His brother was enough. More than enough, actually. His brother just had that ability to make him wait for her.

If only... Ugh... Whatever. It's not that bad... Right?

When he saw her taking the last bite of her food, he immediately took the last bite from his food too and drank water. He got up from his seat, not wanting to be too obvious that he is actually waiting for her and brought his plate to the sink. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes as he passed by her. He took a deep breath.

It's okay. It's going to be okay.

But he knows it won't be okay. At least not when his friends sees them entering the gates together. Not when they start noticing that he's arriving with Chaeyeon unlike before. Worst, not when he would wait for her after class and go home with her. His friends were enough reason for it not to be okay. If only they would stop teasing him, maybe...maybe it wouldn't be that bad. 

He went to the shoe rack and grabbed his shoes, trying to ease his thoughts. He just has to do this for a two weeks and it'll be over. He just had to keep up with it for fourteen days and he could go back to normal. A minute later, another presence joined him at the foyer, getting her own pair of shoes. He pretended to fix his already perfectly ironed shirt as he waited for her to finish tying her shoes. He found her looking at him and he turned to her, blinking.

"What?"

"Huh? Nothing. I'll go first," she said as she walked past him and out the door. 

He bit his lips as he watched her go. He took a deep breath. "Two weeks... It's only two weeks." With that, he walked out the house.

 

Arriving at the bus stop, they were just in time as their bus has just came. He made sure to just walk behind her, to make it less awkward that he's actually riding the bus with her in the morning for the first time. He watched her every movement as she walked on the aisle and looked for a sit. He walked after her and stood not very far from her. He didn't want to sit beside her because it'll get way too weird but he also didn't want to take his eyes off of her because the girl just seems to attract too many eyes, and he didn't like the idea of it. Especially not after what happened before.

The bus started moving not too long after. He really wanted to sit because it wasn't really comfortable standing up and he still has thirty minutes to his stop. He stretched his leg but stopped when he noticed that Chaeyeon was looking at him. He straightened up and cleared his throat, looking out the window. A little later, a group of rowdy high school boys came in. They were loud and it annoyed him but what bothered him more was what they were talking about.

"She looks hot. You go sit beside her," one of the boys said to the leader.

"I think I should. Anyway, she looks like she needs company, right?" He smirked and Baekhyun felt his blood actually boiling. How could these high school boys actually think and hit on an innocent girl, especially someone who is obviously older than them? If only they weren't inside a public bus and they weren't high schoolers, he would have told them off. Instead, with quick strides, he sat beside her, surprising the girl. The boys looked shocked and pissed off but he only gave them a lazy look, hoping they'll get the idea of it.

"Baekhyun..."

"Just don't mind me. And don't even look at those high schoolers," he said as he trained his eyes forward. 

"What?" She said, confused as she looked up and Baekhyun cursed under his breath. There was a reason why she didn't want her to look at them but she still did and he wanted to just smack his head to the wall. The boys smiled flirtily at her, making her flustered as she looked away.

"I told you, didn't I? Can't you just ever listen?" Baekhyun muttered and she bit her lower lip.

"I'm sorry," she said softly and Baekhyun glanced at her. His annoyance went away immediately and he looked away. He can't even explain why he's acting like this to her. It wasn't part of the punishment but why is he acting like her bodyguard? Like her boyfriend? 

This is really weird.

 

"Hey Chaeyeon! Oh Baek, you're also here too!" Tao greeted, a large smile plastered to his face. Baekhyun tried to avoid Tao's look as he eyed him and smiled mischievously. He just knew this was happening even if he already pretended that it was all just a coincedence.

"Good morning, Tao," Chaeyeon said with a smile. Tao just grinned. 

"Excuse me. I forgot I need to get something from my locker," Tao said and Chaeyeon nodded, softly smiling. As soon as Chaeyeon looked away from them, Tao nodded off to the door before he left. 

Baekhyun couldn't do anything but sigh. He could actually just ignore him but he was sure that he wouldn't stop pestering him and what's worse is when he does it when the girl is around and probably, Yixing, because the boy is always just around her, it actually irks him as he thought of it. Groaning, he slumped his bag on his chair and followed the taller boy out.

He looked left and right but Tao was nowhere in sight. He grumbled. "Where is that panda?" He decided to take the right since the locker area was there. He was taken aback when a hand reahced out and pulled him to the side, making him stumble a little.

"What is that all about, huh, Baek?" Tao said as they stood in the middle of two rows of lockers.

He hated acting dumb but if it could help him get away, then so be it. "What do you mean?"

Tao rolled hir eyes. "You know what I mean. Why did you come with her today? Have you changed your heart already, huh?" Tao said, grinning mischievously as he nudged him on his side.

Baekhyun felt his stomach flip but remained to wear a straight face. "It was coincedental, okay? You know my parents are back so we have no choice but to eat together--"

"It's more like, you don't have a choice but to eat with her," Tao said, emphasizing the 'you' making Baekhyun roll his eyes.

"I don't have a choice. Happy?" Baekhyun said and Tao snorted.

"Is it really that way?" Tao teased and Baekhyun felt his face turn warm. He was hoping that Tao would miss it but as expected, he pointed it out in half a beat. "OMO OMO DID YOU JUST BLUSH?!"

Baekhyun knew his face already turned redder so he turned away.

"I don't know what you are saying. I'm going back," he said, walking away. He paused midway and puffed his cheeks. What the hell was that, Byun Baekhyun, he shook his head before continuing to walk away.

"Baekhyun's in denial!" Tao sang behind him and he groaned, mentally face palming himself. This boy is so childish.

 

The class didn't go peaceful as usual with Tao throwing him papers once in a while and texting him, making his cellphone vibrate in his pocket relentlessly. He tried throwing the taller boy a glare but the boy would only grin at him, irritating him more until he just gave up. It was harder to concentrate because not only Tao was getting him worked up but his unending thoughts since two night ago. 

He could still remember how his conversation with his brother went that night and he can't believe he actually admitted defeat up until that moment. 

"You finally realized it?" An amused smirk came to his brother's lips as he leaned his body to the wall.

Baekhyun swallowed, finding the right words to say. It was enough that he admitted that he lost. He won't put his pride lower than that. "If you're saying that I like her, sorry to crush you hyung but no. I'm... Just..." He wanted to hit himself because he was stuttering which was so not him because he would always be confident with his words, knowing what he would say or what he should say. He clenched his fist and groaned inwardly. "Can't you just tell me the punishment? I'm tired and I still have class later."

A soft chuckle escaped his brother's lip which he found a little annoying because nothing was funny for him. Especially not when his pride was almost stepped on. "Alright. I'll make it quick and simple. I heard from eomma that you would never go to uni with Chaeyeon even if you have classes at the same time." He could already feel his heart beating fast as he could already feel what was coming and he prayed hard it wasn't what it really is but of course, things aren't that easy. "Two weeks," his brother raised to fingers, pushing himself off the wall, "You have to go to leave on the same time, every day." 

It would a challenge but it isn't really that hard considering that it would mean he could be right on schedule again. He considered it for a moment although he knew he didn't have a say on it at all. He was about to end the conversation by saying that he accepts it when suddenly his brother opened his mouth again and said, "and you have to go home with her everyday. If she'll be going home later then you wait for her." His brother shrugged, as if it was that easy for a person who used to hate a person deep in his bones to wait for them. His jaw tightened but his brother just smiled wider. "It won't be that hard, right, bro? You don't hate her anymore, anyway."

He never felt the need to punch his brother that much 'til then.

The memory still makes his stomach churn but would just try and shrug it off knowing he really didn't have any choice. He chose to be honest and told his brother the truth so he did that right thing, right? He grunted, catching the attention of those near him and the professor upfront who gave him a look to which he ducked his said. Luckily, the professor just let him off but obviously, Huang Zi Tao won't. His phone vibrated again and in annoyance, he grabbed his cellphone and decided to give his friend a piece of his mind only to be shocked that it didn't come from him although he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not because it was none other than Luhan.

I heard something interesting. You'll be joining lunch, right? - LuJerk

He squinted at the message before he realized who could've caused this and he looked up, to glare at that specific boy but Tao sat there innocently, pretending to pay attention in class when it was the most unbelievable thing in the world to happen. He looked back to his phone and decided to ignore it, shoving it in his bag this time. He turned to look upfront again but his eyes landed on a particular figure sitting seats to her left and he pressed his lips together.

He found himself staring at her, telling himself what made him actually tell his brother that he didn't hate her anymore. Events that evening night, when he knows in himself that he let his guards down, replayed in his mind and he began to rethink why he actually did that. Was it because that night, he felt so tired to even argue? To treat her with hostility? Or is it because...

His train of thought ended when the girl suddenly turned her eyes to him and he felt his heart jump in surprise. He blinked, not being able to look away when he should. The girl seemed to be telling her something and his eyebrows creased, only to snap his head forward when he heard his professor call him.

"Baekhyun."

He felt his cheek turn warm in embarrassment but he composed himself and sat straight. "Yes, ma'am?"

His professor gave him a look, "What the answer for the equation?"

He looked at the written numbers and luckily, it was an exercise question he had already answered. He answered confidently and his professor looked like she was trying to read him. Finally, she nodded and returned to discussing.

He massaged his temples and let out a breath. He can't imagine he was spacing out. He just hoped his professor didn't see him actually staring at Chaeyeon. He shook his head, hoping to get all thoughts away and focus. But for some reason, that once concentration and enthusiasm he had was slowing slipping away, replaced by something more. Something that would riled him up more than his studies ever did. 

And there's even no question at all.

 

He never dreaded break until that day. He almost dragged his feet all the way to the cafeteria while Tao kept on yapping beside him. The boy just can't get over him arriving to class with Chaeyeon that he never stopped talking and asking him what he ate that morning for him to change his mind. Was it that surprising? He felt stupid for even thinking of it. Of course it is. He didn't even think of doing it ever in his life. Not with her.

"Baekhyun, Tao! Here!" Jongdae waved them over and that's only when he noticed they've arrived at the cafeteria. He felt his heart start to beat fast as his eyes automatically scanned the table only to find them complete, to his despair. 

"Hi guys!" Tao greeted loudly as usual, taking his seat beside Jongdae. He can't help but to curl his fist when he saw an additional person in their table. He didn't know he will be a regular in their lunch table and he knew he didn't like it, especially not after the boy confronted him.

"Yo," Luhan said, grinning before turning to look at him and his smile became bigger. "Nice seeing you back, Baek." 

"Right," he mumbled, taking his usual place at the end of the table, beside Tao. Just that this time, another boy was sitting opposite him.

"You look like you're having a bad day. Mind sharing?" Luhan asked, obviously just to annoy him. He looked up lazily at him and did what he was always good at--act indifferent.

"Too many workloads." Wait, did he just say that? If there's one thing those dudes know, it was that he liked keeping himself busy so having a lot of school works shouldn't even matter. He felt the table turn quiet and he swallowed, pretending to be nonchalant. As always. "Can't I also get tired?" He looked up only to regret later when his friends stared at him as if he grew another head. Luckily, Minseok saved him from his own stupidity. "It was getting hard on you, huh?" He just nodded, not wanting for open his mouth again and say something that might, this time, make him want to run.

"Well then!" His head snapped up, only to meet the glint in Luhan's eyes and he knew it spelled trouble. "We should go out and have fun, right?" He looked around the table and of course, Jongdae, Minseok, and Tao was more than happy with it. Chaeyeon and Yixing on the other hand seemed like they were trying to consider it. "This Friday, after all our classes. We don't have football training so how's that sounds?" Luhan grinned. 

"That's great," Jongdae said, smiling widely. Luhan turned to him and he just stared back at him. "Baek?" He knew that declining it wasn't really a good choice, since the plan was really made out of his mindless words. Also, the boy was obviously testing him and he isn't someone who would cower down. Especially not to a boy like Luhan, so with a smirk, he said, "Sure."

He seemed satisfied with him so he looked at the two people on his left when they didn't answer. "You're coming, right, Chaeyeon? Xing? Don't tell me you're going to miss this too when you missed the victory party last time!" Baekhyun watched her reaction, wondering if she will fall into Luhan's bait although he was hoping she wouldn't. But of course, always the naive girl, she looked at Yixing as if she needed permission and when Yixing smiled, she returned the same and nodded. He felt his jaw tighten as he pressed his lips to a thin line.

"Perfect! Then it's set now." Luhan smiled. Baekhyun turned his head to look at the boy and he knew just by looking at him that he's already got everything planned out.


A/N:

*clears throat* Hello? I know you guys are already getting tired of me saying sorry so I hope you just understand me because I really tried to do my best just to update. Writer's block is being a real to me but I tried, I promise you guys. I can't promise anything but I hope you won't leave me because I'm really going to finish this no matter what.

With that aside... ISN'T EXO JUST PERFECT? THEIR NEW ALBUM IS JUST-- I don't know what to do with life anymore. It's just so good and I love all the songs!

Anyhow, sorry for that. See you guys on my next update! <3

If you don't mind, I just posted a new fanfic featuring our happy virus Chanyeol! I know I still have this to finish and another but I really can't stop myself from posting it because Chanyeol is just too irresistable. >< It's titled "Between Perfection and Flaws". I hope you'll give it a try. Thank you! ^^